By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will sales of the Scorpio take a hit?

DJEVOLVE said:
Lawlight said:

Can you point out who said that?

Are you serious or you just haven't been to the site since the new generation of consoles has launched? hmmmm all the threads about 1080p etc.etc. etc. . come to mind and all the same people. It's clear as day. Ok I'm going back to ignoring the site. However I will be eating popcorn watching all the flip flop crews.

Is this guy for real? He claims that the same people who were saying power is everything are now saying otherwise. When asked if he knows for a fact that they were the same people, he ignores the whole site... while not ignoring it?!

I know there were threads about 1080p but who really said that that's why the PS4 outsold the X1 and is now saying that that power means nothing?

Around the Network

I want to hear the number.

How many do you think sell Scorpio in 2017 ? or lifetime .

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Its not realistic, there are not enough facts I would need to see the final specs and console first.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
barneystinson69 said:

It'll be no more than $399. I'll keep to that till the price is release

Yeah. But manufacturing cost will be around $500 imo.

Oh! I did'nt reply to OT yet.

Hmm, I wouldn't be so sure. MS is known for getting deals with manufacturers to lower the cost of their hardware. I think the only one they couldn't do that with was Nvidia and the original Xbox. 

Yes, I don't expect it will keep up until the gen nears its end and the PS4 starts showing its struggling to run very detailed games and Sony starts cooking up the PS5. Once the latter is announced, the ball is in MS's court... 

malistix1985 said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Its not realistic, there are not enough facts I would need to see the final specs and console first.

Yeah! But people here already have own's predicition.  

Around the Network
Lawlight said:

Is this guy for real? He claims that the same people who were saying power is everything are now saying otherwise. When asked if he knows for a fact that they were the same people, he ignores the whole site... while not ignoring it?!

I know there were threads about 1080p but who really said that that's why the PS4 outsold the X1 and is now saying that that power means nothing?

People were saying it was the fact the PS4 had more games and more variety of games, hence the ridiculous number of threads to prove the PS4 had plenty of games, but power did come up occasionally, mainly when the claims of the PS4 selling better because it was cheaper was proven wrong. ANYTHING but to aknowledge the large game library. There's only ONE camp who seem entirely obsessed with power and it's the same camp who are now using specs of an unreleased console as their talisman. It's not surprising when you realise most of what is being said on here and on N4Gs is coming from a certain Youtuber who lies, spreads FUD and can't accept reality.

The PS5 Exists. 

barneystinson69 said:

It'll be no more than $399. I'll keep to that till the price is released.

449-499$ is my guess (new bigger cpu/gpu inside, 4k blu-ray drive,bigger power unit, bigger cooling unit, bigger box.. ect)

And it ll go up against a 349$ (by then) PS4 pro.

Theres gonna be a 100-150$ differnce in price between the two, when the scorpio launches.

It's going to sell what it was always going to sell

Nothing

1 year late and more expensive = insta bomb

There's about as many people who bought a PS4 for "power" as there are people that bought it for Neptunia, Senran Kagura, Disgaea, whatever. You hear them/us in the Net, but we're not the millions of people buying these things.  In holiday 2014 did the X1 suddenly become more powerful than PS4? In holiday 2015 did the PS4 become more powerful again?

I think the name and price will be deciding factor. If it's got a new name (not Xbox One at all) and comes in at $500 it will do well like the current model.

F it`s called Xbox One something at 500 it won't do so well.

If it's between $400 and $450 it will do well like the original.

If it's called Xbox One something and it's above $500 it will do poorly.

If it's called something new and it's above $500 it will sell better than any Xbox One name bit still not great.

The Scorpio will take a sales hit because of the price no doubt, but it should be $499- $599 to display the power potential they are investing in for enthusiasts before next gen. No doubt I am investing this for all of my multiplats. The PS4 Pro failed to impress on two fronts:
1) HDR will be available on all home consoles between the MS and Sony.
2) They failed to prove that this console will keep enthusiasts with consoles (the main objective).

The PS4 is $100 Less than the Pro. All one would have to do is sell the power of one over the other at the holiday season to have the pro sell very well at the expense of the Slimline. This has me questioning whether the Pro was the real console Sony wanted to make, rather than the upgrade they promised to a specific audience.

The price was supposed to pigeonhold the platform in second place status in the first place, by default.