By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4Pro was made to compete with PC - Sony Exec.

Tagged games:

And they will succeed. You already have pc gamers on this very site saying they'll get the neo. One big thing that pc players used to say was, with a Playstation you only get an upgrade every 6/7/8 years. Well now you get it every 3/4 years which is perfect.

Sony will never have this problem again. In 4 years we get the ps5, 3 years later we'll get the ps5.5 and 4 years later we'll get the ps6.

Comsole gaming is hitting it's stride now and it's so affordable considering the very good Playstation prices.

The future is bright!

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Captain_Yuri said:

"We wanted to keep those people within our eco-system by giving them the very best and very highest [performance quality]"

By using a mid ranged 2016 GPU with a weak sauce CPU? Where the gamers have to choose between visuals or performance? While not allowing Mod Support?

Good Luck lawl

4 the players though! =D.

If they wanted to make it the ebst then they should have gone with the ebst. Also full mod support and free online would have helped but apparently that's not good enough, even for rock solid 60fps either.

End of the day I find it amusing how some fans claim that Sony never saw the platform as a form of direct competition and here we are seeing the company going with"we don't like people playing on PC, we want them locked inside our garden that we own and control".

I know right. If they at least had 1080p 60fps max settings locked up with most games that are normally 30fps, I can give them some credit but it can't even do that. Rise of Tomb Raider's best performance option is 45+ lawl. That means they don't think its gonna hit 60 most of the time. And of course, in order to achieve the 45+ fps, it has to turn down the settings at 1080p.

I actually thought this week was going to be average. A new iphone, an upgraded ps4. Cool stuff sure but nothing too surprising. But man has this week delivered on all the lolz.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I still don't understand why PS4 Pro has recieved so much attention. It's just a new PS4. It's like the New 3DS. The only new thing about it is non native 4k that you can't enjoy without a 4k TV and in some games (not all) a little boost in performance, if anything. I just... don't understand.

FloatingWaffles said:
It was made to compete with PC but yet it won't have mod support.

Also no console will ever be able to compete with PC anyway.

In what way? Because consoles definitely do a lot better at economic part of the competition.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Captain_Yuri said:

"We wanted to keep those people within our eco-system by giving them the very best and very highest [performance quality]"

By using a mid ranged 2016 GPU with a weak sauce CPU? Where the gamers have to choose between visuals or performance? While not allowing Mod Support?

Good Luck lawl

But midranged in the PC world takes you very far these days because Moore's law is broken and hardware technology is advancing so slow now.

The only GPU that is twice as fast as a PS4 Pro is the GTX 1080p and the new Titan. For $600. And only 1% av all PC guys own one of those. And even these guys struggle to run Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 in 4K and 60fps.

A GTX 1070 is 60% faster than the PS Pro and that GPU still costs 500 Euro! And these guys can not run most games in 4K/60fps.

So only a tiny minority of PC gamers (perhaps 4-5% in the upcoming year) actually have that choice of getting "both visuals and performance" you speak of.

Around the Network
celador said:
Not sure what people's issue is. It's an upgraded option. Meant to compete better with pC, not to be at par with the best ones. Of course Sony have to say otherwise but that is marketing.

Hope Xbox fans don't think Scorpio will be as good as the best PCs either. Will be interesting to see what is said then.

Microsoft has an Xbox app on W10. I'm pretty sure xbox fans know what's up.

outlawauron said:
FloatingWaffles said:
It was made to compete with PC but yet it won't have mod support.

Also no console will ever be able to compete with PC anyway.

In what way? Because consoles definitely do a lot better at economic part of the competition.

Economically sure, consoles do well because they are simple and easy. Pay $400 for a box that you can place a game into and just play and not have to worry about setting or anything like that. That is the whole point essentially, also exclusives and such as well.

They will never be able to compete with PC because PC is an always evolving thing unlike consoles. There are no "hardware generations" for PC. When Sony wanted to make a more powerful PS4 they couldn't just update the regular PS4, they had to release a whole new seperate devision called the PS4 Pro. Where as with PC you can do it at anytime you want and new PC hardware is always coming out that you can always just keep adding new stuff to, where as with consoles you are constrained to what is actually in the box and you can't upgrade it. 

That is why consoles can't compete with PC because PC is always years ahead in terms of hardware because they can just release whenever they want, they don't have to wait for a new  generation or such.And while the price can cost a lot more for a PC, it depends on what hardware you want in it, sure if you want the BEST and most recent hardware in your gaming PC it will cost a lot, but I remember reading articles when the PS4 and Xbox One came out about how you could build a gaming PC for the same price and it would be more powerful than the consoles.

It's also why consoles are always less powerful than even years old PC's because they have to keep the price affordable to sell, so they have to get the cheaper components that maybe released a few years back and not the most recent graphics card and stuff like that, unless they want to sell the console at a loss.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! So Sony does have some sense of humour! Nice one, milk almost came out of my nose!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n29CicBxZuw

01001011 01101001 01110011 01110011 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001

It's seems like it's trigger happy day for many people in here.

Slimebeast said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Good Luck lawl

But midranged in the PC world takes you very far these days because Moore's law is broken and hardware techonology is advancing so slow now.

The only GPU that is twice as fast as a PS4 Pro is the GTX 1080p and the new Titan. For $600. And only 1% av all PC guys own one of those. And even these guys struggle to run Witcher 3 and Fallout 4 in 4K and 60fps.

A GTX 1070 is 60% faster than the PS Pro and that GPU still costs 500 Euro! And these guys can't run most games in 4K/60fps.

So only a tiny minority of PC gamers (perhaps 4-5% in the upcoming year) actually have that choice of getting both visuals and performance you speak of.

You do know that a) The Ps4 Pro is an underclocked 480 and b) The 480 struggles to beat the gtx 970 (except for a couple of games) which is a 2 year old GPU

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/1748?vs=1743

And you do realize that the Ps4 pro a) upscales to 4k, not native b) Uses ps4's settings which is around medium-high depending on the game? c) Can't run at 60 fps even at 1080p for games that ran at 30fps previously?

So I am not sure why would any PC gamer choose a ps4 Pro for the "best visual" or "best performance" experience since it has neither and can't even beat GPUs that are 2 years old...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850