By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky: How Do You Feel About The Game?

How Do You Feel About The Game?

I haven't got it but enjoy hating it 71 31.00%

I have got it and I'm not keen 32 13.97%

I like it but it could be better 34 14.85%

I like it a lot more than some AAA titles 41 17.90%

I love it and can't stop playing 51 22.27%

Total:229
SvennoJ said:
Fei-Hung said:

Have you been feeding them too? I've made some pets poo some rare shit!

Yeah, that was before I had enough inventory space to pick up all that stuff. All they pooped was "No space in suit inventory".
I haven't managed to feed any birds yet!

Good point. I haven't fed any either and I have no idea how to either since I've never seen them land and walk. You come across any sea life and tried feeding them? 

On another note, I watched an old documentary yesterday called Alien Planet. Reminded me a lot of NMS. Really recommend watching it. 

https://youtu.be/mS3mbKvSVDI

Around the Network

Was very interested, got less interested after seeing streams, and lost almost all interest when everyone realized we'd been duped by Murray and HG.

So I guess you can say I love to hate it, if only because any dev who markets their game like this imho deserves all the hate they can possibly get.

You should add "I don't really have an opinion about it" to the poll.

I haven't kept up with the game and don't know enough about it to care.

I LOVE ICELAND!

RolStoppable said:
Lrdfancypants said:

Lots of polls on here are missing options for people.  Hard to generally say there all excluding people or options to get a desired result or is it just this one?

Besides, ask him to add the option.  

Even if these emotional fans didn't want to see haters they'd see them because, you know, they're there.  Next up gears of war and then NX.  Haters and defenders will shift about.

This goes back to my first post in this thread. The Order 1886 made GribbleGrunger behave in a very similar way. The thread concerning the length of the game was amazing.

Haters will always be present, regardless of the quality of a product. The deciding factor is how people approach products and topics.

I saw lots of hate across the net on that game.  Length, QTEfest, linear, shoot something then walk for a bit and shoot some things and rinse while repeating, scripted and so on. 

I enjoyed the game which is why I'll likely enjoy Gears but fully expect many of the complaints lodged at the order will be tossed back the other direction except maybe length (I don't know but I assume it will be decent length) at Gears.  

I don't remember the thread you're mentioning specifically because they began to all bleed together much like the NMS thread.  There is nothing of particular interest to me on any one individual getting upset or frustrated over a game anymore than any other individual because it happens on all sides to everyone, probably.  I'm sure I've let it get me frustrated as well.  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

I'm addicted just because of the rare chance of finding stuff like this

I also just got an upgrade for my Hyperdrive, and apparently that means I can now travel to systems where the planets are more extreme and the animals are even weirder, so that should be good.

Around the Network
Chazore said:
Azuren said:

What they were trying to achieve was a space exploration game with a little bit of action and 18,000,000,000,000,000+ planets. They accomplished this, but people are getting butthurt because it won't run on their PC. 

What's wrong with people voicing complaints and issues with the game not running properly on the rigs they paid good money for?, why does that always have to equal to being butthurt?. If it runs on PS4 it should run on most decent rigs. I've seen people with 980's and even 1080's that couldn't get it to run well at all, that wasn't any of their fault, that was on the devs themselves, nothing butthurt about that at all.

I agree on the PC side of things, they have every right to complain and be pissed.

Fei-Hung said:
SvennoJ said:

Yeah, that was before I had enough inventory space to pick up all that stuff. All they pooped was "No space in suit inventory".
I haven't managed to feed any birds yet!

Good point. I haven't fed any either and I have no idea how to either since I've never seen them land and walk. You come across any sea life and tried feeding them? 

On another note, I watched an old documentary yesterday called Alien Planet. Reminded me a lot of NMS. Really recommend watching it. 

https://youtu.be/mS3mbKvSVDI

I managed to get close to birds with the jet pack, but since you can't steer in the air and they fly rather erratic it's impossible to be close long enough. Feeding them after you shoot them down doesn't work :) I haven't tried feeding sea life yet, last ocean I was in had extreme radiation and the worm like things swimming around were rather fast. Will try on a less hostile planet.

I watched that documentary a couple years ago, was fascinating. I had hoped NMS had taken inspiration from that. Too bad all planets seem to have standard atmosphere, liquid water if any, 1g gravity, standard day/night cycle. It's not simulating anything, just procedurally mixing and matching. It's a start, but it would be so awesome if the procedural generation was linked to planetary physics. Planets with amonia based life, rivers of liquid methane, dual suns, tidally locked planets with temperate zones, huge neverending storms. Always something more to dream about.

Got to start somewhere ofcourse, NMS is on the level of one of those mix and match animals children's books. Long way to go.

Chazore said:
Azuren said:

What they were trying to achieve was a space exploration game with a little bit of action and 18,000,000,000,000,000+ planets. They accomplished this, but people are getting butthurt because it won't run on their PC. 

What's wrong with people voicing complaints and issues with the game not running properly on the rigs they paid good money for?, why does that always have to equal to being butthurt?. If it runs on PS4 it should run on most decent rigs. I've seen people with 980's and even 1080's that couldn't get it to run well at all, that wasn't any of their fault, that was on the devs themselves, nothing butthurt about that at all.

I'm not saying people don't have a right to be upset that it released without proper optimization, but leaving a negative review based on something the company is communicating that it is working overnight to fix is just childish.

zero129 said:
Azuren said:

People are not getting butt hurt cos it wont run on their PC (Otherwise why is PS4 fans complaining?). People are upset since they where made lots of promises that turned out to be lies. Does this make no mans sky a bad game?. No, but its also not a great game. Its not even a great survival game since it doesnt have much content. Sure it has billions of planets but when your doing the same thing on each of them with not much more content it gets pretty boring. In fact here have a read of this https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4y4i3a/wheres_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_front_page/

Can they fix it? sure with updates and adding in the things they said would be in it and pretty much adding more content. However right now the game is not worth the 60 euros they are asking for it since the is much better survival games out for much less such as Emprion, Ark, Rust etc games that has lots of content plus a cheap price.

Imo this game should of launched in early access right now with a price of 30 euros and then rise the price as more content is added.

Instead of that it looks like they gave you the bare game with lots of promised stuff stripped not much content just so they can sell you the rest at a later time as Expensions/DLC. If they add online/Base bulding/More content under an expension and charge of it they should be a shamed of themselfs...

So because ships are homogenized, planets have less physics, and no real importance on faction? Those are really the reasons why PC reviews for NMS are alarmingly negative?

Because I'm pretty sure it's performance issues. Those things are superfluous to what NMS has been about since the beginning: exploring a huge universe, one so massive that the odds of finding someone is slim to none. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Turkish said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4y4i3a/wheres_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_front_page/

That explains a lot, interesting read. Basically they were promising Elite Dangerous: Horizons with being able to land on planets with atmosphere and life. I'm enjoying exploring the various planets but true, that game they promised sounds awesome. Can't wait to discover more planets tonight though. Just unlocked the 3rd warp reactor, can visit those bright class B and O stars now. Maybe there will be a tiny difference, not getting my hopes up yet.

No neutron stars, white dwarfs, black holes, WR, carbon stars, super giants I guess. ED sometimes puts earth like planets in binary systems with black holes or neutron stars as the primary, but I guess all systems are just 1 star in NMS? Haven't found any different yet. Not that NMS cares about the goldilocks zone or anything anyway. Space is nothing more than a menu selector in NMS, oh well, the planets are still interesting as is the bread crumb 'story' trail. Doubt it can entertain me for 11 months like ED did.

If those things were superfluous to what NMS was "supposed to be" then why is there such a neat and organized list of all of them being discussed by the creator/director of the game? A lot of them with multiple references.

If the game is just about exploring a large universe then he never should have lied about MP at all, there should be no resources. You should just go and take pictures or something.