By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky: How Do You Feel About The Game?

How Do You Feel About The Game?

I haven't got it but enjoy hating it 71 31.00%

I have got it and I'm not keen 32 13.97%

I like it but it could be better 34 14.85%

I like it a lot more than some AAA titles 41 17.90%

I love it and can't stop playing 51 22.27%

Total:229
baloofarsan said:
mZuzek said:

Edit: except for the framerate, holy shit. it's gotten so bad I made it a habit to look up to the sky when exploring on foot just because the framerate (and thus, the movement speed) goes up quite a bit. I mean, my PC is nothing to be proud of, but even as mediocre as it is, it definitely should be able to decently run this game at 720p at the lowest settings.

I play on PS4 and it works fine (two times the game frooze for me).

Have you tried what Hello Games recommends:   http://www.no-mans-sky.com/news/

(Essentially uppgrading drivers)

I play on ps4 too and while I now love the game I wouldn't say it runs fine. I have filed at least 30 error reports so far. Most happen on respawn, reload or simply starting the game. Yet I've also had them while walking around, getting in the ship, opening the inventory page, getting out the ship, picking up stuff or warping to the next system. It is the most unstable console game I have ever played. As long as you don't die it will hold out for a few hours, but it hasn't worked for more than 2.5 hours in a single stretch for me and that was while surviving on a single planet, never leaving nor using the ship.

The framerate is mostly stable though (apart from the occasional hitch). Only once did I have slowdown to 10fps when the sentinels were bugged (stuck somewhere) at a 5 star wanted level. The whole game slowed to a crawl and I had to restart.

Around the Network

Only played it for about two hours, but I'm enjoying it.

I voted "I like it but it could be better" I think its overpiced has too many technical issues and should have more rewarding gameplay, like the ability to find unique items, ship costimazation, base building etc.

Also I think the aliens are not done well, I would have expected to walk into placed where they would be doing stuff, lots of them in a room having drinks in a bar-like scene etc, it just feels like a very lonely collecting resources game and once you realize all you are grinding for is more slots for more resources to store into your ship, its basicly over.

I am expecting a lot of content in the future but its deff not been worth my $60 but I did enjoy exploring for 20-30 hours. (it crashed 12 times in that period, so once every 2 hours)

Twitter @CyberMalistix

walsufnir said:

Also, here is some compiled stuff for the game and its broken promises:

View on YouTube

I'm so glad I boycotted everything about the game since the reveal. Fully agree with that compilation though, epic seeing all those 'thrilled' faces at the end with all the game crashes on the live streams. Wow all those promises he made (although a lot of it seems him not wanting to deny any speculations)

There's still plenty to be disappointed about without all the hype, basic things I did expect from a space exploration game. (no variation in gravity and day/night cycle, no binary stars, no tidally locked planets, no axial tilt or polar regions at all, no celestial movements, space looks like an aquarium filled with floating rocks) but also plenty to be excited about. I was expecting it to be a bit more like Elite Dangerous: Horizons. Actually being able to pick a terrain feature from space and land there but it's all fake. Jet packing over the planets is tons of fun and the variation in planets is still enough for me to stay interesting in exploring them.

If Elite Dangerous, KSP, NMS had a child I would never have to play another game again. (Granted it won't be the worst of all 3)

The i dont own it but enjoy hating it vote is surprisingly honest.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
walsufnir said:

Also, here is some compiled stuff for the game and its broken promises:

View on YouTube

I'm so glad I boycotted everything about the game since the reveal. Fully agree with that compilation though, epic seeing all those 'thrilled' faces at the end with all the game crashes on the live streams. Wow all those promises he made (although a lot of it seems him not wanting to deny any speculations)

There's still plenty to be disappointed about without all the hype, basic things I did expect from a space exploration game. (no variation in gravity and day/night cycle, no binary stars, no tidally locked planets, no axial tilt or polar regions at all, no celestial movements, space looks like an aquarium filled with floating rocks) but also plenty to be excited about. I was expecting it to be a bit more like Elite Dangerous: Horizons. Actually being able to pick a terrain feature from space and land there but it's all fake. Jet packing over the planets is tons of fun and the variation in planets is still enough for me to stay interesting in exploring them.

If Elite Dangerous, KSP, NMS had a child I would never have to play another game again. (Granted it won't be the worst of all 3)

Toss Destiny in.  The FPS mechanics would be nice

Marco....

walsufnir said:
RolStoppable said:
I enjoy hating it. Brings back memories of The Order 1886.

I suppose you posted the picture of the development team to incite sympathy and empathy.

Aww, those memories!

The game was oversold and Sean knew at a certain time that he made promises that he couldn't fulfill. And not telling the truth is lying, no matter how you want to put that. Their current silence is telling...

That doesn't mean people can't be satisfied with what they got but the hype was way too high for what the game turned out to actually be and that the expectations from many people were way too high because of how the game was shown.

I think this is where the internet helped lower the hype.  If I hadn't seen so much on internet for awhile before release about it being boring with nothing to do or how everything will be the same or how it's large universe isn't really large since it's the same over and over my expectations might have been through the roof.

The dehype train this game has been riding for sometime before release helped me temper expectations and it surprises me it didn't for more people.  

Marco....

It's not a good game. Your average generic survival game with awful procedural generation, the boring planets are ugly as is the wildlife in them, they all sound the same too.

It promises the universe but it's a very limiting game. Go through the same old boring planet with the same stations wih the same alien standing there, just to repeat the process over and over again.

SvennoJ said:
baloofarsan said:

I play on ps4 too and while I now love the game I wouldn't say it runs fine. I have filed at least 30 error reports so far. Most happen on respawn, reload or simply starting the game. Yet I've also had them while walking around, getting in the ship, opening the inventory page, getting out the ship, picking up stuff or warping to the next system. It is the most unstable console game I have ever played. As long as you don't die it will hold out for a few hours, but it hasn't worked for more than 2.5 hours in a single stretch for me and that was while surviving on a single planet, never leaving nor using the ship.

The framerate is mostly stable though (apart from the occasional hitch). Only once did I have slowdown to 10fps when the sentinels were bugged (stuck somewhere) at a 5 star wanted level. The whole game slowed to a crawl and I had to restart.

My copy is downloaded (no disc) maybe that is better? I have had very few problems with slow fps. I have played at least ten hours in a row with no problems.

baloofarsan said:
SvennoJ said:

My copy is downloaded (no disc) maybe that is better? I have had very few problems with slow fps. I have played at least ten hours in a row with no problems.

My copy is ps4 digital and I have not had an issue either.

Marco....