By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky: How Do You Feel About The Game?

How Do You Feel About The Game?

I haven't got it but enjoy hating it 71 31.00%

I have got it and I'm not keen 32 13.97%

I like it but it could be better 34 14.85%

I like it a lot more than some AAA titles 41 17.90%

I love it and can't stop playing 51 22.27%

Total:229

Not worth the price

Around the Network

My position. I don't own the game. I watch my friend play it. Im waiting on a real Multiplayer feature. Yes, the game is missing a lot of stuff. And the bugs need to be fixed. The bad optimization for the PC version is unacceptable. But the team also badly needs to start making modding tools. They need people to start adding in features that they can't think up, or do fast enough. I see the game eventually being great. Once this happens.

zero129 said:

Now if you re read what i wrote you will see that maybe PC Reviewers are more harsh on the game since unlike consoles PC has 100's of survival games.

Like i said No Mans Sky is not a bad game, but its also not a great one!. And the is much better survival games on the PC that offer much more content wise and gameplay wise then No Mans Sky does in its current state and they also cost a lot less.

Like i said to me this game should only cost about 30 euro since its an early access title, and lets also not give false facts about the game too. You know well the reason you will never see another player in No Mans Sky is for the simple reason that it has "no" multiplayer..

And also the is a reason why no one will see every planet.. People will be bored with the game after visiting the first 10 planets and realising they are just doing the same thing over and over with no real content, so they will lose the will and interest to visit any more planets after they notice they all pretty much look the same also.

I mean why not give the user something fun to do such as joining a fraction (Something that was ment to be in the game along with many other things), Taking jobs, Finding old Citys not just a building here or there, Give me a reason to keep playing and to keep visiting planets!.

After playing the game for a good 20+ hours i just cant really bring myself to play it much more. The original fun has worn off, all im doing is the same thing over and over and its just boring atm.

When they add building, allow you to join a fraction, have epic space battles like in the videos have multi player like they promised etc, then the game will be more fun as long as its done right and they dont try charging any more for it. Cos like i said in every sense of the word this game is early access with users having to wait for the rest of the content to come and when we have other early access survival games on Steam thats much more complete with much cheaper prices.

I mean for the price of this game you could buy Rust/Ark/Empyrion thats 3 great survival games and hours more content then what your getting here. So yes it really is understandable that PC gamers are going to be more critical when we been playing this type of genre for ages now.

I agree about the survival games yet I never thought of NMS as a survival game, and I think many others were also hoping for more focus on exploration than surviving.

If we look at exploration games I can't think of many. There's Proteus, which was fun for 2 hours. Mirrormoon EP which I played 3 hours. And then there's Elite Dangerous which I played for 11 months combined. However that didn't deliver as promised either and landing on planets came a whole year later, charged at full price again. And while it is done really well it's restricted to airless rocky and icy planets. KSP only does the solar system afaik and is very basic (only played the demo) while I poured many hours in Universe Sandbox creating my own star systems, however planets are nothing more than a bunch of stats. Space engine is very cool too, as a Google Earth for space. (It's free, try it) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve0Bpmx8Fk0

So what should it cost, I dunno. I paid $10 for Proteus, 80 pounds combined to play half the game I wanted Elite Dangerous to be. I've already got more hours of enjoyment out of NMS than from Uncharted 4. U4 is a much, much better game, NMS gets my imagination going. That counts for something. What I find hopeful is that so many people are/were willing to pay $60 for a space exploration game. That should be incentive to actually make the game that was promised. (At least if it's not like ED and over 90% of the players just want to shoot each other)

NMS is facing the perfect shit storm. Massive feature cut and downgrades after years of hype, unstable mess of a game at release and exclusive to one console. A lot of it is deserved, but all this passion shows me that space exploration is not a dead genre at all. Much better than indifference. It's even give Space Engine some press finally! https://www.outerplaces.com/science/item/13054-space-engine-game-is-a-scientifically-accurate-version-of-no-man-s-sky

NMS would already be better for me with very simple things like zooming out on the galaxy map. Show me my path so far, where I'm going. Is the galaxy just a random collection of dots or is there any order to it like the milky way. I feel like I'm traveling blind now. In ED you always had somehwere to go, a Nebula in the distance or cluster of super bright stars. If you see it in the sky, you can go there (apart from other galaxies) NMS has a path linking featureless dots :/

I did find a planet in NMS where I could actually see some stars at night between the clouds. Odd as you can't see them in space. Last night I actually flew at what I thought was a nearby giant planet to realize it was just the green 'space' background soup texture. Anyway going to play some more now, I'm not burned out on it yet.