By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky: How Do You Feel About The Game?

How Do You Feel About The Game?

I haven't got it but enjoy hating it 71 31.00%

I have got it and I'm not keen 32 13.97%

I like it but it could be better 34 14.85%

I like it a lot more than some AAA titles 41 17.90%

I love it and can't stop playing 51 22.27%

Total:229

I think it looks right up my alley, but I despise crashes, so waiting for some stability patches before dropping cash.

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:

What else would be behind the game? Chimpanzees?

Algorithms.

OT: I really want to play it. Good or bad, I think this is one of those "most important games of the generation" sort of deals. What they were trying to achieve wasn't unachievable, so I'm interested in picking apart what they did wrong, how they could have done better, and what that means for games going forward.

RolStoppable said:
SWORDF1SH said:

OT - it's clear that this game isn't the same game first shown but it's still a good game. 7 outta 10 is about right. Personally it's a 8, up to a mine when they sort out the bugs.

What we see on these forums isn't genuine interest to talk about the stuff missing in the right manor but blind hate as admitted by RolStoppable. 

It's this type of hate fueled posts that brings down the forum and make it a shit place to go. Yet these people on constant hate trips are allowed to do it time and time again. What we have now is not very nice forum to interact within. 

I have to disagree. Transparent hatred for a game is preferable to disguised hatred, because that way nobody has to deal with exposing people for what they are doing. Transparent hatred is also not much of an issue when the hatred is directed towards a game that underdelivered without a doubt. Or to say it more accurately, it's not much of an issue to people who can accept that a game underdelivered, because in such a case the panning will be considered justified. However, it is an issue for people who are too emotionally invested in a game and thus view negativity directed at the product as an attack on themselves personally. I've mentioned The Order 1886 in my first post in this thread because it's a fitting comparison.

What does more harm to the forum are retaliation posts (or rather attempts at retaliation) like this thread demonstrates:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=219546

The victims of the No Man's Sky hate train (including you) have an interest to pay back at least some of it. You can't really complain about the forums going downhill when you are adding to the problem.

I didn't say disguised hate, I said blind hate. Yes your hate is transparent, it's very clear what you're trying to do. You said it yourself.

As for your perceived interpretation of a retaliation thread you linked, I made valid points in a reasonable manner. I even gave an example of a non MS product that was misleading. What's the name of the product? NMS, the game I supposedly is emotional invested in. 

O and guess what, that game I'm emotionally invested in, I made a thread with a list all the stuff missing to discuss about. I've explained my issue and I'll explain it again, I have issue with people 'loving to hate' a game openly admitted by you. It just shows that you are debating for all the wrong reasons. Since you 'love to hate' nms, it sounds like you're more emotionally invested in it. 

These 'victims' of the 'nms hate train' are pissed off with the blind hate and since the discussions are with these people that 'love to hate', they're not there to listen and debate in the right manner. They want to push through their hate, hence why every Nms thread is one big fuck up. 

I'm addicted, plain and simple. I've got about 35-40 hours in, and i just arrived at that first Monolith, where Atlas wants to speak with me.

game is alot of fun. Cannot stop playing it.

I have noticed a major of people who hate on it say "it looks boring" that tells me everything.

There are alot of things that look boring, but are not once you actually try it. Golf is a perfect example.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
SWORDF1SH said:

I didn't say disguised hate, I said blind hate. Yes your hate is transparent, it's very clear what you're trying to do. You said it yourself.

As for your perceived interpretation of a retaliation thread you linked, I made valid points in a reasonable manner. I even gave an example of a non MS product that was misleading. What's the name of the product? NMS, the game I supposedly is emotional invested in. 

O and guess what, that game I'm emotionally invested in, I made a thread with a list all the stuff missing to discuss about. I've explained my issue and I'll explain it again, I have issue with people 'loving to hate' a game openly admitted by you. It just shows that you are debating for all the wrong reasons. Since you 'love to hate' nms, it sounds like you're more emotionally invested in it. 

These 'victims' of the 'nms hate train' are pissed off with the blind hate and since the discussions are with these people that 'love to hate', they're not there to listen and debate in the right manner. They want to push through their hate, hence why every Nms thread is one big fuck up. 

The point I was making with my distinction between transparent and disguised hatred is that the latter is a lot more toxic to the forums.

Anyway, if the haters were out of line in discussions, then the mod team would certainly take actions against them. After all, most of the hate is very transparent. I guess it's worth pointing out that any statement that is not positive is classified as hate by me as far as this specific topic is concerned.

I mean it's transparent to me. To me obvious the intentions of a lot of users. 

RolStoppable said:
SWORDF1SH said:

The point I was making with my distinction between transparent and disguised hatred is that the latter is a lot more toxic to the forums.

Anyway, if the haters were out of line in discussions, then the mod team would certainly take actions against them. After all, most of the hate is very transparent. I guess it's worth pointing out that any statement that is not positive is classified as hate by me as far as this specific topic is concerned.

I think pointless hating is worse for the forum.

Obviously people agree with you since the poll shows people didn't buy it but are just hating it because it's fun to them.

It makes threads on the topic pointless.  As he said there is nothing to discuss or grow a topic on if one side is only there to have fun creating hate on the topic with no intention of contributing except with hate.  

Btw, I don't care that you and others don't own it and just like hating on it in the forum.  It's surprisingly honest, however, there is no real point in starting threads on the game of any substance beyond that.  

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

RolStoppable said:
Lrdfancypants said:

I think pointless hating is worse for the forum.

Obviously people agree with you since the poll shows people didn't buy it but are just hating it because it's fun to them.

It makes threads on the topic pointless.  As he said there is nothing to discuss or grow a topic on if one side is only there to have fun creating hate on the topic with no intention of contributing except with hate.  

Btw, I don't care that you and others don't own it and just like hating on it in the forum.  It's surprisingly honest, however, there is no real point in starting threads on the game of any substance beyond that.  

A lot of people are just taking the piss, because the biggest fans of No Man's Sky want to see haters everywhere. This thread is an invitation for that. Just look at the poll. If you don't own the game, then your only option to represent your lack of game ownership is to say that you hate it. There isn't a "Show Results" option either. It's a poll that seeks a desired conclusion. That is, if you don't own the game, then the only possible explanation is that you hate it.

Lots of polls on here are missing options for people.  Hard to generally say there all excluding people or options to get a desired result or is it just this one?

Besides, ask him to add the option.  

Even if these emotional fans didn't want to see haters they'd see them because, you know, they're there.  Next up gears of war and then NX.  Haters and defenders will shift about.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

spemanig said:
RavenXtra said:

What else would be behind the game? Chimpanzees?

Algorithms.

OT: I really want to play it. Good or bad, I think this is one of those "most important games of the generation" sort of deals. What they were trying to achieve wasn't unachievable, so I'm interested in picking apart what they did wrong, how they could have done better, and what that means for games going forward.

What they were trying to achieve was a space exploration game with a little bit of action and 18,000,000,000,000,000+ planets. They accomplished this, but people are getting butthurt because it won't run on their PC. 

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:

What they were trying to achieve was a space exploration game with a little bit of action and 18,000,000,000,000,000+ planets. They accomplished this, but people are getting butthurt because it won't run on their PC. 

What's wrong with people voicing complaints and issues with the game not running properly on the rigs they paid good money for?, why does that always have to equal to being butthurt?. If it runs on PS4 it should run on most decent rigs. I've seen people with 980's and even 1080's that couldn't get it to run well at all, that wasn't any of their fault, that was on the devs themselves, nothing butthurt about that at all.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"