By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky Metacritic - Critic 72, User 5.0

I never really saw the appeal. I don't really generally see the appeal in games where you are basically "lost" for hours on end.

It looked like a sleeping aid to me.

Around the Network

I'm about 8-9 hours played, still have yet to leave my starting planet. I've learned about 65 words in the Gek language, i'm on my 3rd multitool, found tons of upgrade plans. I'm definitely enjoying the exploring. Oh, i finally found the last creature that i needed to get the 200,000. Maybe tomorrow i'll leave the planet, maybe not. I just keep finding so much more stuff on it.

I do wish they'd add an option in the future, for us to be able to fast travel, to planets that we've discovered.

^ The thing is, you'll find the same stuff on the next planet and so forth.

I restarted since I couldn't leave the first system after 8 hours as I broke the tutorial by trading for a better ship. This time I obediently followed the tutorial steps and now have the blueprint for anti matter from the second system. I went to the 3rd system still afraid to abandon the tutorial but it looks like I should be in the clear and free to start exploring. Suspension fluid seems to be always available.

It wasn't so bad to start over, new alien species and new planets of course. Next I'll dupe some gold to get my 34 slot ship back. I've heard nothing but "inventory full" on a loop all night.

Goodnightmoon said:
alternine said:
Lol I love this site when exclusives come out. Feelings are hurt and agendas are pushed. It's rather hilarious.

What exclusive?

It used to be Nintendo and Xbox fans that used to question if a console exclusives should be considered exclusive, now it's only Nintendo fans that question it. I wonder why Xbox fans changed their stance? Lol 😁 

I'm about 6/7 hours in so far, enjoying it, about what I expected the game to be. 7 seems reasonable for what you're getting and the game was always going to be divisive so wouldn't be surprised to see it swing .5-1 point in either direction. I have a few niggles with the game, but I can see myself putting a lot of time into it. Very much looking forward to seeing what they add in the future, bases/freighters are gonna be awesome for sure if only to give more inventory space, lol.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

Around the Network

I'm really enjoying it so far, been about 4 hours in, just been in the local system (5 planets) and making them mine :)

I think it has issues, but I like the exploration side. If they can add bases and more content, then i think this could be an amazing experience, so far its been really enjoyable.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

SWORDF1SH said:
Goodnightmoon said:

What exclusive?

It used to be Nintendo and Xbox fans that used to question if a console exclusives should be considered exclusive, now it's only Nintendo fans that question it. I wonder why Xbox fans changed their stance? Lol 😁 

Says the guy who signed up in 2008 and should know better.

IDOLxISxDEAD said:
SWORDF1SH said:
I can see why there are low scores although I thought more reviewers would 'get it'. 
It's immensely impressive what this small team have achieved.

That's some impressive damage control, there.

The game never looked interesting to me, so it's nice to see some reviewers are being honest about it and we're actually getting properly critical reviews from the "professional" critics.

Them agreeing with you does not make them honest. It makes their opinion being in line with yours. Nothing more, nothing less.

SvennoJ said:

I restarted since I couldn't leave the first system after 8 hours as I broke the tutorial by trading for a better ship. This time I obediently followed the tutorial steps and now have the blueprint for anti matter from the second system. I went to the 3rd system still afraid to abandon the tutorial but it looks like I should be in the clear and free to start exploring. Suspension fluid seems to be always available.

It wasn't so bad to start over, new alien species and new planets of course. Next I'll dupe some gold to get my 34 slot ship back. I've heard nothing but "inventory full" on a loop all night.

Is it still a 3/10 for you?

naruball said:
SvennoJ said:

Is it still a 3/10 for you?

6/10 now :) Hasn't crashed anymore and I'm having fun despite it all being a bit clumsy. Diamond in the rough. I wish you could turn off the journey milestones that take over the screen all the time but that should be getting less frequent soon.
Space combat so far is pretty crappy but that's probably me. Going to a distress call in the 3rd system had me killed in no time. Time to upgrade the ship.