By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky Metacritic - Critic 72, User 5.0

Might get it if the devs keep working at it and it keeps improving. Otherwise, might give it a miss

Around the Network
celador said:
Might get it if the devs keep working at it and it keeps improving. Otherwise, might give it a miss

They will. They already announced that they are working on base building and adding the ability to own space freighters. They're also working on Temporal AA and a new cloud rendering tech.

celador said:

They've already outlined next big update which includes base building. I believe they will continue to improve the game. 

One thing that's a huge disappoint IMO is hazardous planets. It doesn't matter if a planet is extremely cold, extremely hot or has a toxic atmosphere or it rains acid or something like that, all hazards affect your suit in the same exact way and thus all impact you in the same exact way. It's not like you have to specifically upgrade your suit to specifically withstand extreme hot temperatures better, or to withstand toxic air better. It would be awesome if they can add this post-launch.

It's about where I expected it to be in terms of critic score. As for user score: a Metacritic userscore is about as useful to gamers as a drum set would have been for Anne Frank

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

Well I'm glad to hear they are already detailing future improvements. I think they may have to be quick about it though if they want a decent player base to stick around

celador said:
Well I'm glad to hear they are already detailing future improvements. I think they may have to be quick about it though if they want a decent player base to stick around

The games core won't change though. If you don't like the concept now, chances are you won't like the same concept but improved. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Lets hope that they fix all the shit bugs and other crap the game have, still its mindblowing how this game is 60 fucking dolars, 70 euros...

Actually $88 after tax (Canada)  I'm still hopeful it will get better, less crashes and I'll follow the tutorial this time like a good boy instead of going my own way from the start. Once I'm free to wander the universe it will be fun for a long time. Exploring the 3 planets and 1 moon I had access too was pretty nice already.

However there are many things I wish would have been worked out better. A system map, planets that actually act like planets and not just sit in the same spot. A sun that's more than a bloom effect in the sky map, you can't go there, day/night cycle is faked, planets don't actually rotate. The game actually gets very glitchy when you fly away a bit, flickering icons and displays, you're not meant to explore space. It's more like a 3D menu. There also was zero difference in gravity between the big planet and tiny moon I had access too. Space itself is littered with static rocks no matter how far you go. For a space exploration game, none of the basics are covered.

I had hoped for a more lively version of Elite Dangerous (which so far only allows access to planets without atmosphere, barren rocks) But they only worked on the planets themselves, not on simulating star systems at all. Elite Dangerous' stellar forge and realistic planetary movements combined with No man's sky planet generation would be epic. Add on option to have a realistic KSP flight model and I'll be in heaven :)

IGN

It gone up a point! Whoop! Whoop!