By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky Metacritic - Critic 72, User 5.0

SvennoJ said:
naruball said:

Is it still a 3/10 for you?

6/10 now :) Hasn't crashed anymore and I'm having fun despite it all being a bit clumsy. Diamond in the rough. I wish you could turn off the journey milestones that take over the screen all the time but that should be getting less frequent soon.
Space combat so far is pretty crappy but that's probably me. Going to a distress call in the 3rd system had me killed in no time. Time to upgrade the ship.

Good to know! I may end up buying it after all if VR is implemented and is actually good.

Around the Network

VR would be awesome for this game, solves the small fov problem.

RolStoppable said:
Barozi said:

Says the guy who signed up in 2008 and should know better.

Indeed. "Xbox fans" needs to be replaced with "Sony fans" in both instances in order for the post to make sense.

I'm lost! Maybe I need to explain. Can you remember the list wars a few years ago, hordes of Xbox fans used to come in and discredit Sony console exclusives because at the time (still now) Sony gets the most console exclusives. Since MS now send all the games to PC, Xbox fans never use that argument anymore. 

Nintendo fans can still use that argument of console exclusives not being proper exclusives without fear of wiping off most of their exclusives. It's just funny how stances change. 

Barozi said:
SWORDF1SH said:

It used to be Nintendo and Xbox fans that used to question if a console exclusives should be considered exclusive, now it's only Nintendo fans that question it. I wonder why Xbox fans changed their stance? Lol 😁 

Says the guy who signed up in 2008 and should know better.

Not sure what that has to do with anything. Am I missing something? 

CGI-Quality said:
Some of the posts in here are borderline (while others have gone too far and are being dealt with). I suggest everyone consider this moving forward.

You would get a heart attack if you knew what was going on at the steam discussion thread for no man's sky.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3

Around the Network

Around 2 hours now until PC version will be playable, Anyone else skipped on the PS4 version to grab it on PC instead?

Any word on a (timeframe) for VR implementation for NMS? I got my Oculus Rift a few weeks ago and would love to play this game in VR (once the price drops to around $40.)

On topic.....currently a 69 on MC. It looks like my 73 guess is going to be off. It looks like it will settle in the high 60's.

I gave it a bad review because this game is horrible.

Tenwyn said:
I gave it a bad review because this game is horrible.

Fair enough, Care to elaborate on what made it fall in the horrible catogory for you?

I cancelled the pre-order I had for the LE after seeing the reviews. The survival and grinding aspect put me off and the procdurally generated environs look ugly from that DF video, very garish and eye hurting colors. The water looks awful as well compared to the 2013 reveal. Max I would spend on it is $15 on a steam sale.