By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No Man's Sky Metacritic - Critic 72, User 5.0

SvennoJ said:
^ The thing is, you'll find the same stuff on the next planet and so forth.

I restarted since I couldn't leave the first system after 8 hours as I broke the tutorial by trading for a better ship. This time I obediently followed the tutorial steps and now have the blueprint for anti matter from the second system. I went to the 3rd system still afraid to abandon the tutorial but it looks like I should be in the clear and free to start exploring. Suspension fluid seems to be always available.

It wasn't so bad to start over, new alien species and new planets of course. Next I'll dupe some gold to get my 34 slot ship back. I've heard nothing but "inventory full" on a loop all night.

Ok. I just didn't know if they had it set up, so that u could only learn certain words and get certain things, on certain planets. 

Around the Network
TheTruthHurts! said:
Any word on a (timeframe) for VR implementation for NMS? I got my Oculus Rift a few weeks ago and would love to play this game in VR (once the price drops to around $40.)

On topic.....currently a 69 on MC. It looks like my 73 guess is going to be off. It looks like it will settle in the high 60's.

All I've heard about VR in regards to this game is the creator sayign he would love to, but they are like a 10 man team. I mean heck he basically says that he can't put it on Xbox One because porting is a lot of work for a small team. With just constant updates and expanding the universe with thigns to do, like owning stapce stations and outposts and stuff, I would guess it would be a while for them to even start tackling VR.

I have no VR, besides the free thign that came with samsung galaxy phone, but I agree this game would be a perfect VR game. 

Sixteenvolt420 said:
SvennoJ said:
^ The thing is, you'll find the same stuff on the next planet and so forth.

I restarted since I couldn't leave the first system after 8 hours as I broke the tutorial by trading for a better ship. This time I obediently followed the tutorial steps and now have the blueprint for anti matter from the second system. I went to the 3rd system still afraid to abandon the tutorial but it looks like I should be in the clear and free to start exploring. Suspension fluid seems to be always available.

It wasn't so bad to start over, new alien species and new planets of course. Next I'll dupe some gold to get my 34 slot ship back. I've heard nothing but "inventory full" on a loop all night.

Ok. I just didn't know if they had it set up, so that u could only learn certain words and get certain things, on certain planets. 

I guess certain things only became available later on as I kept finding already known blue prints in the system I was stuck in. I got new random words on my second playthrough and some the same. I guess you have to travel for better tech, perhaps not for language.
Just make sure you don't do what I did and lose or waste your first anti-matter or power cell. You can't get another one, travel asap after powering up the hyper drive.

RolStoppable said:

But since now Sony has so many games which are console exclusives instead of actual exclusives, Sony fans aren't rallying against console exclusive titles anymore.

Hmm... Last time I checked XO was going to have all its games released on PC as well?

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Tmfwang said:
RolStoppable said:

But since now Sony has so many games which are console exclusives instead of actual exclusives, Sony fans aren't rallying against console exclusive titles anymore.

Hmm... Last time I checked XO was going to have all its games released on PC as well?

Update your info... not all games.

Around the Network
Turkish said:

I cancelled the pre-order I had for the LE after seeing the reviews. The survival and grinding aspect put me off and the procdurally generated environs look ugly from that DF video, very garish and eye hurting colors. The water looks awful as well compared to the 2013 reveal. Max I would spend on it is $15 on a steam sale.

I think it shouldn't be a full priced game to begin with. It may have all these billions of planets (which doesn't mean much) but it still looks like a cheaper indie game (game mechanics, design and so on) and should cost as much as the more expensive indie games (like $30-$40).

I really don't see how it deserves the full price just because you can theoretically play the game for your whole life. It just doesn't offer some other stuff it has to offer for that price in my opinion. 

But it will be one of the most successful indie games of all time and that already pretty short after release so well, they did everything right I guess. 

hmm, I hope it gets back to 70+. Looks like the devs put a lot of work into it, so it must be disappointing that the game has received mediocre/poor reviews.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Well it's downloading time.

Goatseye said:
Tmfwang said:

Update your info... not all games.

Yeah only 95% of them...

PC port it's very bad. TotalBiscuit says Arkham Knight level, a lot of people are already refunding.