By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - would a portable (NX) GTAV be huge?

0D0 said:
No because GTA will never be on a Nintendo console.

Never is already now.

Around the Network

I don't know. It's GTA after all. It could release on OUYA and would still sell. Seriously.

But for me personally, it would need a new entry to the series to get me interested. Doesn't matter if it's GTA 6 or some sidekick like Liberty City Stories. Just something new even if it uses the same map. I already bought GTA 5 three times! I won't buy it four times. Seriously, the game's great and all, but that would be just too much.

I wouldn't mind buying Minecraft for the 6th time on NX though... =D

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

jigokutamago said:
0D0 said:
No because GTA will never be on a Nintendo console.

Never is already now.

I was thinking how long it'd take to someone reply this :D

Chinatown Wars is not a mainline GTA

And the first GTA for GBA is history.

The "GTA franchise" isn't on Nintendo devices.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

jardesonbarbosa said:
Does anyone still play GTA V? And stop trying to make Nintendo+GTA happen, it's not going to happen. I'm more excited about a Pokémon with HD graphics than with a HD game on a handheld.

It's still in the Global top 10 here in VGchartz, selling 65k only on ps4

I dont think so. Given what I've heard, I'm worried about the console itself.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

GTA V would be big. It would fill a void since the last Stories game on PSP and establish that the new Nintendo platform can get mature, third party content. But it's still an old game.

Huge would be NX getting GTA 6.

No because of market saturation.

But a port of the next GTA released alongside the other versions would be huge.

I LOVE ICELAND!

0D0 said:
jigokutamago said:

Never is already now.

I was thinking how long it'd take to someone reply this :D

Chinatown Wars is not a mainline GTA

And the first GTA for GBA is history.

The "GTA franchise" isn't on Nintendo devices.

I didn't realize that you were the supreme overlord of what is allowed to be called the GTA franchise.
thank you for bestowing this enlightenment.

I LOVE ICELAND!

StuOhQ said:
There is definitely a GTA audience on Nintendo consoles, it's just much smaller than on other consoles. The trick would be to bring GTA fans onto a Nintendo platform, which might be done by a solid standalone spinoff (in addition to a port of GTA V). I'm not sure that Rockstar has that kind of interest in expanding into Nintendo territory.

That would be good for Nintendo but not for Rockstar. Why would they want to make an NX game to have the same audience they already have on other platforms? Thta would not benefit them in any way.

i use to tought the audience wasnt there. but i looked at AC3 numbers on wii U, they were 10% of ps360.
If 10% of GTA audience is on nintendo console, or even 5%, there are millions of sales...
So, if it was very easy to port, it would be pretty good for rockstar.