By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Eurogamer full of Bollocks?

I hope they're wrong. The whole device sounds stupid.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network

I hope it false. I want the console Reggie promised. I also don't want to see Nintendo leave the console market.

Wasn't the whole thing about the 3DS originally using the Tegra true? They ended up ditching it because of reasons, and because we'd be lucky if we got an hour and half of play time before the battery dies. So the 3DS was powered down, rumors reported that the Vita was also powered down from what it was intended to be.

I remember reading a huge article regarding MGS: Snake Eater 3D and how it was going to take advantage of the 3DS's horsepower. Ugh.... why couldn't Nintendo just go with a better battery and role with it? Then again it would have been too expensive for a handheld to sell..... wait a minute.... if these rumors were to be true? Good luck selling this over $200.

Airaku said:
Wasn't the whole thing about the 3DS originally using the Tegra true? They ended up ditching it because of reasons, and because we'd be lucky if we got an hour and half of play time before the battery dies. So the 3DS was powered down, rumors reported that the Vita was also powered down from what it was intended to be.

I remember reading a huge article regarding MGS: Snake Eater 3D and how it was going to take advantage of the 3DS's horsepower. Ugh.... why couldn't Nintendo just go with a better battery and role with it? Then again it would have been too expensive for a handheld to sell..... wait a minute.... if these rumors were to be true? Good luck selling this over $200.

Yup, as presented by Eurogamer, this is a device that's trying to appeal to everyone and will end up appealing to no one outside of dedicated Nintendo fans.

wombat123 said:
Airaku said:

Yup, as presented by Eurogamer, this is a device that's trying to appeal to everyone and will end up appealing to no one outside of dedicated Nintendo fans.

I'm a dedicated Nintendo fan and this doesn't appeal to me. Maybe I'm not dedicated enough. I hope it isn't true.

Around the Network

Maybe, maybe not. Hopefully Nintendo will soon say something about the NX and this whole situation.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I'm not gonna claim it's true or false, I'll just wait, but this does make a lot of sense to me so I do hope it's legit.

I certainly hope the rumor isn't true. I'm not a fan of this concept at all.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Hiku said:
Wyrdness said:

WSJ didn't back them up they just reported on the article otherwise you're essentially saying they backed up other rumours in the past like the one on NX being more powerful than the current gens.

They didn't merely report on it. They "corroborated" it according to Gemnatsu: http://gematsu.com/2016/07/wall-street-journal-nx-compatible-nintendo-smartphone-games
And "backed it up" according to GameXplain: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vjJLHQ_qgk

And now several others like IGN and MCV have done the same, with their own independant sources.
This is looking like the PS4 Neo situation again, where Eurogamer broke the news, and several others followed suit, corroborating it.

They didn't corroborate nothing, they only reported on the article then contacted Nintendo for confirmation, the WSJ report was an article on what was doing the rounds. If you have a WSJ subscription I'll link the actual article so you can read it yourself it doesn't back up nothing otherwise.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-swings-to-loss-1469604309

pokoko said:
This is what videogame media does. They hear something and then they roll with it like it's gospel. I remember Jim Sterling writing a blistering rant on Sony ... for copying Nintendo and putting two touchscreens on the PSP2.

It's fine, though. Gives us something to talk about.

Much better than the horrible concept arts and rumours about Nintendo having the new AMD RX480

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.