By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Eurogamer full of Bollocks?

Airaku said:
Wasn't the whole thing about the 3DS originally using the Tegra true? They ended up ditching it because of reasons, and because we'd be lucky if we got an hour and half of play time before the battery dies. So the 3DS was powered down, rumors reported that the Vita was also powered down from what it was intended to be.

I remember reading a huge article regarding MGS: Snake Eater 3D and how it was going to take advantage of the 3DS's horsepower. Ugh.... why couldn't Nintendo just go with a better battery and role with it? Then again it would have been too expensive for a handheld to sell..... wait a minute.... if these rumors were to be true? Good luck selling this over $200.

No the original thing about 3ds was not true, people jumped at Nintendo and Nvidia because the early devkits had a Tegra chip set in it until the Pica200 was finished. But Eurogamer posted that as if it was all facts and 7 months later Nintendo unveiled that Nvidia was not the winner of the gpu design by giving the final specs for the 3ds...

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Wyrdness said:

They didn't corroborate nothing, they only reported on the article then contacted Nintendo for confirmation, the WSJ report was an article on what was doing the rounds. If you have a WSJ subscription I'll link the actual article so you can read it yourself it doesn't back up nothing otherwise.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/nintendo-swings-to-loss-1469604309

I don't have a subscription. I already tried the link before but couldn't read it. And no offense to you, but when several sites whose job it is to analyze these things (Gematsu, GameXplain) say the WSJ corroborated it, I'm going to take their word for it until I see proof of the opposite.
Posting the link to an article locked behind a paywall that you should assume I probably can't read doesn't do much in that regard.
I can't be sure if you've read it, and even if you have, that it's not a misinterpretation from your end. Like the MCV article where they first just reported on Eurogamers information, but later updated with a disclaimer at the bottom which changes the entire article from a simple reporting to a corroboration. "UPDATE: As there still seems to be some debate about the veracity of Eurogamer's claims, our aforementioned senior source assures us the site is "100 per cent correct"

Either way, we're having more and more sites corroborating this info through their own sources, which is making it sound very similar to the PS4 Neo situation.
The point is, it's not just Eurogamer any more.

Couldn't they all just be parroting for the same exposure that Eurogamer's currently getting?

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

shikamaru317 said:

SuperMetalDave brought up some really good points about why this report is suspicious. For those unfamiliar with him, he was the one who accurately leaked Nintendo's 2016 release schedule earlier this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ4AlnlYenc

Even though he labels his videos about the NX as speculation, they feel like they have more weight to them than the rumors from eurogamer and emily rodgers that a lot of people think of as factual because he at least explains with detailed reasoning and evidence as to why he believes the things he does.

pokoko said:
This is what videogame media does. They hear something and then they roll with it like it's gospel. I remember Jim Sterling writing a blistering rant on Sony ... for copying Nintendo and putting two touchscreens on the PSP2.

It's fine, though. Gives us something to talk about.

It's the same with console players though. They hear about a new technology they haven't heard before and don't know what it is but instantly attribute it to the next console or handheld.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

No, they're pretty credible.

Around the Network

Don't worry!
- It gave people to write an essay here and be active again!
- Reminds people that NX is coming!
- Extra $$$$ for gaming sites from the clicks
- We would probably have the same threads when another rumour comes out but based on that one.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Eurogamer should be congratulated for not giving popular games undeserved high review scores. 7th generation was extremely generous in regard to high review scores.

Yes

Dark_Lord_2008 said:
Eurogamer should be congratulated for not giving popular games undeserved high review scores. 7th generation was extremely generous in regard to high review scores.

I disagree. There were lots of amazing games in the 7th gen.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3