By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I hope this will lead to a more secular Turkay as Atatürk envisioned.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Around the Network
Turkish said:
Holy shit I have family coming back from Turkey tomorrow, hopefully the airports are not closed!

From which airport are they comming?Its seems like the international airport of Ataturk(in Istambul) has all its flights cancelled.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
Turkish said:
Holy shit I have family coming back from Turkey tomorrow, hopefully the airports are not closed!

From which airport are they comming?Its seems like the international airport of Ataturk(in Istambul) has all its flights cancelled.

Yeah it's that one... Fuck couldn't they have waited another day for their coup?!

Turkish said:
Nautilus said:

Yeah it's that one... Fuck couldn't they have waited another day for their coup?!

God thats one hell of bad luck....

But I dont think this coup is going to get violent.It would be for the best for your family member(s) to just rent a hotel room and wait for the earliest flight back home available.Do they know the city well?

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

People had a lot to say about Gaddafi and Saddam thinking they knew better and look how that ended. We don't know what the intentions are of the takeover, we don't know how the Turkish people will react to it, we don't know how much more of a target Turkey would become under a secular / more hardcore secular government.

An unstable Turkey will open the floodgates for the likes of ISIS into Europe more so than now. It will also put other countries into play such as Israel, Iraq and Iran and that is a world I do not want to be around when that kicks off. No one will be safe unless you move to somewhere like Antarctica.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
What do both sides want?

Well the Military in Turkey is the one that always protect humanrights and in the past were seriously against 'extreme' islamization.  They protect Ataturk's ideology. We know that Erdogan was going in the wrong direction so I don't worry to much about the coup.

Fei-Hung said:
An unstable Turkey will open the floodgates for the likes of ISIS into Europe more so than now. It will also put other countries into play such as Israel, Iraq and Iran and that is a world I do not want to be around when that kicks off. No one will be safe unless you move to somewhere like Antarctica.

I blame Boris

Wow. Just mindblowing that this can happen. Hard to believe it.

Quite laughable though because it's totally impossible to succeed with a coup in Turkey now.

Tayyip Ergodan, crush these guys!

Nautilus said:
Turkish said:

Hm...I have someone coming through Ataturk on monday. At lest they were planned to have an overlay there....:/

Ergodan was a religious extremist, or at the least wanted to manipulate and play on that for his own personal goals. Fuck him.