By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

fuck erdogan... hopefully it turns out the purpose is to bring back Turkey to a secular democracy. best of luck to all my secular brothers and sisters in Turkey

Around the Network

Oh fuck.
Erdogan was clearly trying to set himself uf for a dictatorship, but a military coup is rarely a good thing. From what I hear the military is divided too, the ones couping are pushing against Erdogans state decree islamisation of the country.

Wow, this is crazy.

absolutely not a fan of Erdogan, but I can't see things improve through a coup ..

Holy shit I have family coming back from Turkey tomorrow, hopefully the airports are not closed!

Around the Network

Oh, a military coup. What could possibly go wrong?

Ka-pi96 said:

Oh no

Turkey was like the only secular muslim majority country. Just hope whoever is leading this coup is a decent guy. Dictatorships have much more potential to benefit a country than any democracy ever could, so who knows maybe this could be for the best. But dictatorships are also much more likely to be bad for the country so it doesn't look promising

Coups in Turkey are generally good and dispose of corrupt politicians. The military always gave control back to civilian govt after a while, unlike say South America or Arab World where the generals become dictators for life.

Mar1217 said:
forest-spirit said:
Oh, a military coup. What could possibly go wrong?

Another Syria, Egyptia like case ?

Let's hope not. Another one of those would be kinda bad.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Turkish said:

Coups in Turkey are generally good and dispose of corrupt politicians. The military always gave control back to civilian govt after a while, unlike say South America or Arab World where the generals become dictators for life.

Meh, unlikely. Not quite the situation around for wishful thinking. Plus Kurdish factor.

For the region to go down completely out of control along with considerable chunk of Eurasian energy market, you need to take down two major oil producers there (Saudi Arabia and Iran) and one major oil pipeline to Europe (Turkey). Since Iran is out of question now within any reasonable deadlines, that leaves us two, that'd be the first one it seems. Three little niggers walking in the zoo, a big bear hugged one and then there were two...

At least that'd be absolutely worst scenario. Those who doesn't like Erdogan (who does?), do not start pardaing just yet, that's not a good news for everyone around, d'oh.

Moderated - Miguel_Zorro