By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Slimebeast said:
Nautilus said:
I..... dont think this is ending anytime soon....
Seems there has been a massive explosion on the capital.Someone has videos on this?

All my video feeds just show masses of Erdogan supporters hugging armymen riding in their tanks, as if it all was over and settled.

I don't believe the coupists are doing much resistance at this point as some people claim.

They already lost. Why would they fight and just risk to get even harsher sentences?

But I am seeing tweets saying there are explosions and gunfire.

They just tried a coup.And by the looks of it, used violence.Do you really think if they stop now Erdogan and the government will say "oh dont sweat it!It was nothing big!" and everyone will leave with their lives?This will end most likely with everyone involved executed or arrested for the rest of their lives, no matter if they stop now or not.And they know it.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

Yeah a NOS reporter from the Netherlands is reporting a big explosion aswell (he is in Istanbull).

Also massive protests going on in the Netherlands.  A camerateam had to flee for their lives in Rotterdam.

Ka-pi96 said:
Slimebeast said:

1. They underestimated the enormous support by people in favor of Erdogan (probably inside the military aswell).

2. It's staged by Erdogan.

I believe in the first explanation.

And yes, if this was a genuine coup and it failed, it will be huge in strengthening Erdogan's power.

If it's #1 then they planned really poorly. They should have just targeted Erdogan directly. Found him (shouldn't have been too hard for military commanders to find out where the president is during regular times), and taken him out before they even let on it was a coup. Then regardless of what happens after that there would still be a new president.

Yeah it all seems pretty strange to me. Where were the infantry? All I've seen are groups of randomly placed tanks

konnichiwa said:

Also massive protests going on in the Netherlands.  A camerateam had to flee for their lives in Rotterdam.

Apparently there's also 3000 pro-Erdogan people protesting outside the Turkish embassy in Berlin

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
Slimebeast said:

All my video feeds just show masses of Erdogan supporters hugging armymen riding in their tanks, as if it all was over and settled.

I don't believe the coupists are doing much resistance at this point as some people claim.

They already lost. Why would they fight and just risk to get even harsher sentences?

But I am seeing tweets saying there are explosions and gunfire.

They just tried a coup.And by the looks of it, used violence.Do you really think if they stop now Erdogan and the government will say "oh dont sweat it!It was nothing big!" and everyone will leave with their lives?This will end most likely with everyone involved executed or arrested for the rest of their lives, no matter if they stop now or not.And they know it.

No. It's over now.

Report just came that the pro-regime army controls the whole of Ankara now and largely has control over the situation as a whole.

EDIT: policemen are arresting coup soldiers now.

Time to change the thread title to "Military coup in Turkey failed"

man-bear-pig said:
konnichiwa said:

Apparently there's also 3000 pro-Erdogan people protesting outside the Turkish embassy in Berlin

Find it a bit to difficult to find some good German news sites who report a lot.  Also a lot of contradicting information going on, some talk about soldiers shooting others say at the same place that everything is calm and soldiers got arrested.

Wow, that coup ended pretty quickly.

So weird, a few hundred  (or something like that) soldiers tried to take over the country? That sounds just illogical to me. 

I mean, it's pretty much only a few helicopters and some tanks/trucks. Every video of civilians you see on Twitter is about the same few tanks driving through the cities.

This is all fake or the most weird attempted coup which ever happened.

I guess it's not faked but man those guys who tried it had not much of a plan. 

Very amateurish coup, to the point that one must ask the question if it was staged by Erdogan to grab more power and marginalize the Gülen faction.