By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Just read that Erdogan said live on TV something like "this attempt is a gift from God... Because it gives him opportunity to cleanse the Army"

Yep, sounds more and more like it was staged. He will have it really easy now to get what he wants. 

Around the Network

Yippie. Another Muslim majority country doubling down on authoritian/religious conservative leadership. This couldn't possibly lead them to a bad future.

How's Russia's ass taste Erdogan?

crissindahouse said:

Just read that Erdogan said live on TV something like "this attempt is a gift from God... Because it gives him opportunity to cleanse the Army"

Yep, sounds more and more like it was staged. He will have it really easy now to get what he wants. 

Wow. Who can believe that BS?

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

barneystinson69 said:
crissindahouse said:

Wow. Who can believe that BS?

The right wing/conservatives of Turkey will buy it hook, line, and sinker. Predictably. 

It doesn't look to be staged because there is radio silence in the capital of Anarak. Istanbul is either partial or half under control of the coup forces, and actual force is being used in pocket areas.

Around the Network
gokart48 said:
It doesn't look to be staged because there is radio silence in the capital of Anarak. Istanbul is either partial or half under control of the coup forces, and actual force is being used in pocket areas.

Nobody said that there aren't real fights but just as example those soldiers who fight could believe they will take over the country not knowing that they won't get support by the rest of the army. Some realized it very fast, some might still believe they really fight for this coup even if they were sent to lose. 

But that's just a theory, maybe it's totally crazy^^

The turksh arm has a lot to learn on how to perform a coup with brazillian media/politicians/elites.

Guys, do we seriously believe, that 104 turk soliders decided to takeover the country?

This is staged.

If this was a staged coup, they would show the police and military forces gallantly reconquering the capital within an hour or two of the attempt while pocket resistance occurred in major cities to make it seem more believable. The coup members also have Tanks and jets that are fully operational, and if this coup fails than there will be a long list of court martial. If this is staged then it has gone too far, because if this is not resolved by dawn, things can get very militant from the people who wake up and take sides.

Saddening result. I was hoping for the coup to succeed. Turkey will slowly go down into kaos just like the rest of the middle east.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).