By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: PS4 version of Rise of the Tombraider is not canceled

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well he's got it right in my opinion.

I don't think IP is damaged, just the potential sales of RotTR. I said that a few times in this thread, that's why a money hat costs money. Tomb Raider's fanbase has grown and shrank in the past.

I think SFV is damaged by being mediocre and losing out to the Xbox userbase entirely. Now lets drop SFV, agreed its a tangent.

I'm not going in circles, you just aren't understanding my points regardless how many times I repeat them. Other users seems to get what I'm saying though.

No most here agree with me.  

And another contradiction is saying SFV sold so little on ps4/pc because it's mediocre but it would have sold "millions" on X1. Like do x1 owners not get put off by mediocre games?  Lol of course they do.  And please do drop the tangent.  There was no need to bring it up in the first place.  

An ip is damaged if it's sales potential is damaged.  All those non ps4 sales won't just simply return.  It's not like ROTTR is an uncharted 4 quality game of the gen.  It's not that simple my friend. 

Good call there actually.

Around the Network

what are we talking about here? if RoTTR would've been released day 1 on ps4/pc/xb1, we all know that the ps4 version would've had sold the most, more than xb1+pc combined, now it's too late, we had uncharted 4 which DESTROYS RoTTR from every point possible as a video game so PS4 fans don't give a f**k about no tomb raider anymore, only hard core tomb raider fans will pick up the game on ps4 and if it sells 500k in a short time that's a lot

Guitarguy said:
Kerotan said:

And another contradiction is saying SFV sold so little on ps4/pc because it's mediocre but it would have sold "millions" on X1. Like do x1 owners not get put off by mediocre games?  Lol of course they do.  And please do drop the tangent.  There was no need to bring it up in the first place.  

An ip is damaged if it's sales potential is damaged.  All those non ps4 sales won't just simply return.  It's not like ROTTR is an uncharted 4 quality game of the gen.  It's not that simple my friend. 

Good call there actually.

I know right.  I generally reply on here while the game I'm playing such as rocket league,  rainbow 6 or battlefront is loading the next match so I give it about 30 seconds.  Or in this case sitting on the toilet so I've a little longer.  

But being I'm generally not arsed going back through the thread pointing out his inconsistencies but he's pretending other wise with his constant replies going nowhere so I said fuck it I'll do it.  Hopefully that's the end of it though. Leave the goal posts alone,  the kids want to play! 

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well he's got it right in my opinion.

I don't think IP is damaged, just the potential sales of RotTR. I said that a few times in this thread, that's why a money hat costs money. Tomb Raider's fanbase has grown and shrank in the past.

I think SFV is damaged by being mediocre and losing out to the Xbox userbase entirely. Now lets drop SFV, agreed its a tangent.

I'm not going in circles, you just aren't understanding my points regardless how many times I repeat them. Other users seems to get what I'm saying though.

I dont think they do, you also struggle to understand my points.

I didnt say it was going to sell millions on X1, but millions may have played it on X1. I choose my words carefully and you still misinterpret pretty much all the time. But you wont admit that.

It could be argued that SFIII hurt the IP. But the success of SFIV tells me it didnt. SFV hurt trust in Capcom and SF is getting stale.

Even if RotTR doesent achieve full potential of sales, the IP can be fine. I dont know how to make argument more simple than that. Maybe there is nothing left to say?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

kyprime said:

what are we talking about here? if RoTTR would've been released day 1 on ps4/pc/xb1, we all know that the ps4 version would've had sold the most, more than xb1+pc combined, now it's too late, we had uncharted 4 which DESTROYS RoTTR from every point possible as a video game so PS4 fans don't give a f**k about no tomb raider anymore, only hard core tomb raider fans will pick up the game on ps4 and if it sells 500k in a short time that's a lot

Rise of the Tomb Raider is a great game on its own. The PS4 version will sell, why should people who like these kind of games miss out on a good game? Shall they play through Uncharted 4 instead the third or fourth time?

Perhaps they call the PS4 version the "Definitive Edition" to boost the sales a bit, but I doubt that sales of the PS4 version stay below 2 million units in the long run.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

I didnt say it was going to sell millions on X1, but millions may have played it on X1. I choose my words carefully and you still misinterpret pretty much all the time. But you wont admit that.

It could be argued that SFIII hurt the IP. But the success of SFIV tells me it didnt. SFV hurt trust in Capcom and SF is getting stale.

Even if RotTR doesent achieve full potential of sales, the IP can be fine. I dont know how to make argument more simple than that. Maybe there is nothing left to say?

So let me get this right.  I say sales on xbox would be low,  because #1 ps4 gets sells multiple times the x1 version of most multiplats #2 the series is Playstation biased #3 because the game was mediocre.  

And you reply with "millions of Xbox players may have played it".  Low just trying to dodge my point big time lol.  

On ROTTR.  Of course the ip can be fine.  I never said it's forever damaged.  But for now it is and they will have to work hard to get it back up. It's clear as day what I'm saying. 

Mr Puggsly said:

Other users seems to get what I'm saying though.

Actually I agree with kerotan more but I do see some of your points as valid. And it's not cool "picking your words carefully" to mislead btw. This isn't a MS PR statement.

kyprime said:

So there's no point in anyone ever releasing another action game again on PS4? lol, I really don't get this logic and see it all the time regarding TR. Sure, if the games launched a week apart, I could kind of see the point to a degree. But Uncharted 4 is already old news in the game world. TR could release today and lots of PS4 fans would be happy to buy it, let alone months from now when it actually does release.

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

So let me get this right.  I say sales on xbox would be low,  because #1 ps4 gets sells multiple times the x1 version of most multiplats #2 the series is Playstation biased #3 because the game was mediocre.  

And you reply with "millions of Xbox players may have played it".  Low just trying to dodge my point big time lol.  

On ROTTR.  Of course the ip can be fine.  I never said it's forever damaged.  But for now it is and they will have to work hard to get it back up. It's clear as day what I'm saying. 

There is arguably more impact on a game from a medicore release thats never coming to a popular platform vs a late port.

I dont think it will take much hardwork to get PS4 users to play RotTR.

Now you get the last word in.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

SWORDF1SH said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Other users seems to get what I'm saying though.

Actually I agree with kerotan more but I do see some of your points as valid. And it's not cool "picking your words carefully" to mislead btw. This isn't a MS PR statement.

People pick their words carefully in hopes of avoiding potential arguments. But when people make presumptions then it cant be avoided I suppose. I've been guilty of that but acknowledge it.

Recently Completed