By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: PS4 version of Rise of the Tombraider is not canceled

John2290 said:
Already have uncharted 4.

Just noticed you have the same amount of plats as me but a far better completion ratio. Did you plat U4?

Around the Network
John2290 said:

Excellent point. People never buy multiple games in the same genre.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
John2290 said:

Excellent point. People never buy multiple games in the same genre.

Of course not.

Only one game per genre is enough. I love RPGs, but I will not touch any other franchise that isn't Final Fantasy. Who needs Dragon Quest, Chrono Trigger, The Witcher, Mass Effect, etc... A different take on my favourite genre? No way! My favourite is the best and I refuse to play anything else in case I could end up enjoying those different games or worse: realising they're just as good as my favourite despite them doing things a bit differently, or dare I say, doing some things even better! How could I take it!?

/s

The arguments some people bring to such topics are "banging head on wall" worthy. -__-

Hynad said:

The arguments some people bring to such topics are "banging head on wall" worthy. -__-

I know the feeling!

This really never was question..

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
SWORDF1SH said:

And apparently I'm spinning according to puggers. 

Well you did.

I chose my words to avoid misinterpretation, you misinterpreted, and you dont want to admit you misunderstood. Which is fine, people have too pride much on the interweb to do that. The only answer is I purposely mislead you with my clever exageration.

Certainly easier to do that than admiting you misunderstood.

Bottom line, RotTR is doing fine. That game has already sold millions, its gonna sell millions more. And many more will play it other ways than buying it new which also helps the fanbase grow. Sorry if that sounds like an exageration.

We know it's going fine but it could be and could have done better.  The ip has been damaged. 

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Well you did.

I chose my words to avoid misinterpretation, you misinterpreted, and you dont want to admit you misunderstood. Which is fine, people have too pride much on the interweb to do that. The only answer is I purposely mislead you with my clever exageration.

Certainly easier to do that than admiting you misunderstood.

Bottom line, RotTR is doing fine. That game has already sold millions, its gonna sell millions more. And many more will play it other ways than buying it new which also helps the fanbase grow. Sorry if that sounds like an exageration.

We know it's going fine but it could be and could have done better.  The ip has been damaged. 

I disagree, but at some point you just stop arguing because it doesn't really matter.

Any other game we've discussed could have done better. Always room for speculation.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

I disagree, but at some point you just stop arguing because it doesn't really matter.

Any other game we've discussed could have done better. Always room for speculation.

You said earlier in the thread exclusivity has hurt it.  Therefore currently damaged like it keep saying.  I never said permanently btw.

You've actually agreed with me already in this thread but it appears you want to argue just for the sake of it! 

Kerotan said:
Mr Puggsly said:

You said earlier in the thread exclusivity has hurt it.  Therefore currently damaged like it keep saying.  I never said permanently btw.

You've actually agreed with me already in this thread but it appears you want to argue just for the sake of it! 

Right, if its not permanent damage than I feel the IP is fine.

As long as fans get RotTR eventually then its all the same. Whether it be for physical sales, digital sales, GwG, PS+, a heavy price cut. All these things bring the fanbase back to where it was or even bigger.

Hence, I don't believe there was any damage primarily because its a great game I think people will get eventually.

As far as financial impact of the exclusivity, we can only assume MS gave them a lot of money and made the exclusivity financially worthwhile.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

Right, if its not permanent damage than I feel the IP is fine.

As long as fans get RotTR eventually then its all the same. Whether it be for physical sales, digital sales, GwG, PS+, a heavy price cut. All these things bring the fanbase back to where it was or even bigger.

Hence, I don't believe there was any damage primarily because its a great game I think people will get eventually.

As far as financial impact of the exclusivity, we can only assume MS gave them a lot of money and made the exclusivity financially worthwhile.

Again you are listing things they have to do (not guaranteed)  to repair the damage.  My point is there is currently damage.  That's what I've been saying all along.  Never said it couldn't be fixed if they play their cards right (not guaranteed).  

You can try and deflect from my argument all you want but it's been very simple and without all possible future variables you bring up.  

The ip is currently damaged.