By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix: PS4 version of Rise of the Tombraider is not canceled

Mr Puggsly said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Actually I agree with kerotan more but I do see some of your points as valid. And it's not cool "picking your words carefully" to mislead btw. This isn't a MS PR statement.

People pick their words carefully in hopes of avoiding potential arguments. But when people make presumptions then it cant be avoided I suppose. I've been guilty of that but acknowledge it.

I disagree, it causes more arguments. Being specific and not loosely applying what you mean prevents your statement open for interpretation. Everybody is on the same page and also prevents debates going off at a tangent.

As far as I'm aware when people talk about sales it's odd to start bringing up secondhand sales. So saying "millions of XB1 fans will not play SFV", is just a clever way to exagerate the effect of SFV not being on XB1 with a clause to come back on if you're pulled up on it. 

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:
Kerotan said:

So let me get this right.  I say sales on xbox would be low,  because #1 ps4 gets sells multiple times the x1 version of most multiplats #2 the series is Playstation biased #3 because the game was mediocre.  

And you reply with "millions of Xbox players may have played it".  Low just trying to dodge my point big time lol.  

On ROTTR.  Of course the ip can be fine.  I never said it's forever damaged.  But for now it is and they will have to work hard to get it back up. It's clear as day what I'm saying. 

There is arguably more impact on a game from a medicore release thats never coming to a popular platform vs a late port.

I dont think it will take much hardwork to get PS4 users to play RotTR.

Now you get the last word in.

Lmao.  You brought up the SFV tangent as a way to shift the goalposts.  I started off by saying they've damaged the ip.  Didn't bring it up.  You keep trying to argue the SFV thing as if it takes away from what I originally said.  

Yeah it might not take much for them to win the ps4 owners back and the future games will probably sell well on the ps4 because it's a software beast.  But right now the ip is damaged.  No amount of sfv goal post shifting will change that.

Mr Puggsly said:

There is arguably more impact on a game from a medicore release thats never coming to a popular platform vs a late port.

I dont think it will take much hardwork to get PS4 users to play RotTR.

Now you get the last word in.

This isn't GTA we're talking about here, a late port is not going to get any excitement at all this holiday season. I expect it to do mediocre to decent in the UK and EU, where the franchise is the strongest, and where the X1 is weakest, but in the US the PS4 and X1 are pretty close. Most of the people who really cared bought it already, or have simply forgotten about it by now.

It could manage a decent opening if they worked on a new expansion to it that they packed in for free, and released it either no later than September, or simply hold it until March 2017.

It will have a dismal number of sales if they indeed stick to sometime between Oct-Dec of 2016. We're talking not charting at all, and dropping to half price before Christmas levels of bomba.

SWORDF1SH said:
Mr Puggsly said:

People pick their words carefully in hopes of avoiding potential arguments. But when people make presumptions then it cant be avoided I suppose. I've been guilty of that but acknowledge it.

I disagree, it causes more arguments. Being specific and not loosely applying what you mean prevents your statement open for interpretation. Everybody is on the same page and also prevents debates going off at a tangent.

As far as I'm aware when people talk about sales it's odd to start bringing up secondhand sales. So saying "millions of XB1 fans will not play SFV", is just a clever way to exagerate the effect of SFV not being on XB1 with a clause to come back on if you're pulled up on it. 

As you said.  It was very MS PR like.  That's why I stopped reading their statements. It's infections and I don't want it rubbing off on me :P

Square Enix damaged the franchise because of easy money. I think from now on every publishers well think twice before doing a similar thing in the future.

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Wow, thats some spin you got there.

The thing is people have access games on consoles even without buying it new. Used market is a thing. Free games via PS+ and GwG is also helps bring fans to an IP.

So you think I was trying to mislead you but I was thinking of how people access games in various ways this era.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Wow, thats some spin you got there.

The thing is people have access games on consoles even without buying it new. Used market is a thing. Free games via PS+ and GwG is also helps bring fans to an IP.

So you think I was trying to mislead you but I was thinking of how people access games in various ways this era.

... and on that note. Seeya! 

Kerotan said:
SWORDF1SH said:

As you said.  It was very MS PR like.  That's why I stopped reading their statements. It's infections and I don't want it rubbing off on me :P

And apparently I'm spinning according to puggers. 

SWORDF1SH said:
Kerotan said:

That's actually the best face palm gif ever and very fitting.  He needs to put the shovel down and stop digging before he hits Australia. 

SWORDF1SH said:
Kerotan said:

Well you did.

I chose my words to avoid misinterpretation, you misinterpreted, and you dont want to admit you misunderstood. Which is fine, people have too pride much on the interweb to do that. The only answer is I purposely mislead you with my clever exageration.

Certainly easier to do that than admiting you misunderstood.

Bottom line, RotTR is doing fine. That game has already sold millions, its gonna sell millions more. And many more will play it other ways than buying it new which also helps the fanbase grow. Sorry if that sounds like an exageration.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)