By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Sony or Microsoft only showed one game at E3 they would be burnt

pokoko said:

Well, I mean, let's be honest about something.  Nintendo-only fans are used to less games on home console and they're used to less choice.  It's part of the culture, at this point.  The fanbase has been culled of people who need the types of games Nintendo does not offer, which is substantial, and of players who want a great deal of titles to select from.  What's left are people who like what Nintendo offers and are willing to accept less overall content.

You do that with Sony or Microsoft and they'd lose the same types of gamer that Nintendo has already lost.  That's the difference.

Ck1x said:
The sad thing is if games like UC4's game play was as unique as Zelda BoTW Sony could get away with showing 1 game. But you get the feeling that most Sony 1st party titles resemble the next one. Everyone quotes Tflops this and that but can we get decent Ai and physics in these "next-gen" games? How is it that a cartoony Zelda game has more realistic physics than 90% of the games on the other consoles striving for realism?

Take a game like Horizon for instance, Alloy takes a direct hit from a monstrous Transformer dinobot and gets up completely unfazed. These games are dumbed down because visually gamers like to think they are playing hardcore games, but they really want their hands to be held. Just look at all of the games that sell truckloads every year! Completely unrealistic games hiding under the impression of gritty game play, to only realize that there are no consequences for you taking a clip of bullets to the chest.

Yes, that's true.  Link getting hit by a giant rock golem and popping back up is much more realistic.  In fact, I had it happen to me earlier this week and it didn't hurt a bit.  I also commute to work by flying in on a pillow case.

Heh.  Stop it.  None of these games are realistic.  I just watched Link get hit by an arrow.  He didn't even twitch, he just flashed a different color.

I just burst out laughing - that's gold. I have to remember to stop reading VGChartz at work

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
0D0 said:

Nintendo fans are like this:

Nintendo shows only 3 games - That's ok, why do we need 10? We need quality.

Nintendo shows only 1 game - That's ok, why do we need 3? We need quality. This game is top-notch. The best game evaaaaaaaaaaaa

Nintendo shows only half a game - That's ok, why do we need 1 full game? Nintendo is focusing on quality, no problem if they delay it for 10 years.

Nintendo shows nothing - Blast E3. E3 isn't important any more. why they need to show anything?

Among the big 3, Nintendo is still the worst performer at E3.

Yeah, People cant read between the lines these days. Nintendo was only about Zelda and in my opinion, that wasn't THAT extraordinary. That Zelda is just Nintendo finally deliverying a modern open world adventure game with cute graphics.

Are you saying Nintendo fans are dishonest with themselves and others, and will do and say anything to justify the actions of their favorite company?

Or do you mean that fans of all companies and genres are capable of moving goalposts and displaying brand loyalty in the face of overwhelming negative evidence? And if so, why didn't you say so?

I don't know their reasons. That's just what I always see happening.

It's like E3 presence. If Nintendo has rubbish presence at E3, Nintendo fans say that E3 doesn't matter. But when Nintendo has a great presentation, they say Nintendo won E3, so E3 only matters when Nintendo does a good job.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Guitarguy said:

If Sony or Microsoft essentially showed off one game at E3 like Nintendo did, they would be completely castrated by gamers, whilst Nintendo seem to have gotten not only a free pass, but immense praise! Yes Zelda looks good but it is one game! If Sony just displayed The Last Guardian for the whole entire show heads would roll, someone at Sony would be getting fired.

Except your forgetting that the majority of Nintendo faithfull are completely and utterly aware of the fact that Nintendo is working on a ton of games that they haven't announced yet for the NX and that those announcements will be made when the NX is announced either the end of this summer or this fall. We, the Nintendo fans, know what's coming. If they said the NX is launching in 2018, then we'd be mad, but they said Q1 2017, which is 6-9 months away, and we know for a fact that they want to have the NX launch with a much stronger lineup than they usually dish out, which implies that they have a BUTT TON of games being made behind the scenes that none of us are aware about.

Mark my words, "Fall is coming."

Guitarguy said:
AnthonyW86 said:
Sony showed zero games for the Vita, no burn there.

Vita been dead for quite some time.

Then why are they still being sold?

Blob said:
Nobody was fine with nintendos e3. Everybody complained about it before it happened, by the time it came everybody had reached the acceptance phase.
If this was next e3 after nx has released then the world would have ended.

Pretty much. I don't remember anyone seriously trying to paint Nintendo's toned down plans for E3 as a good thing. They didn't get away with anything because there was nothing but confusion and complaining immediately after the announcement. That doesn't mean people aren't allowed to enjoy what was actually shown (which was more than Zelda just by a simple search of the Treehouse schedule), people have to make due with what they got and I think 'that' is what happened here, not Nintendo getting special treatment.

Around the Network
0D0 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Are you saying Nintendo fans are dishonest with themselves and others, and will do and say anything to justify the actions of their favorite company?

Or do you mean that fans of all companies and genres are capable of moving goalposts and displaying brand loyalty in the face of overwhelming negative evidence? And if so, why didn't you say so?

It's like E3 presence. If Nintendo has rubbish presence at E3, Nintendo fans say that E3 doesn't matter. But when Nintendo has a great presentation, they say Nintendo won E3, so E3 only matters when Nintendo does a good job.

I'm sorry you feel that way. I would just ask that you try to see shades of gray in everything. All Nintendo fans aren't biased and hypocritcal. And all Nintendo fans aren't saints. There are many different types Nintendo fans, and Sony fans, and Microsoft fans, and Apple fans, etc. They represent many different personalities.

Guitarguy said:

If Sony or Microsoft essentially showed off one game at E3 like Nintendo did, they would be completely castrated by gamers, whilst Nintendo seem to have gotten not only a free pass, but immense praise! Yes Zelda looks good but it is one game! If Sony just displayed The Last Guardian for the whole entire show heads would roll, someone at Sony would be getting fired.

Uhh...no.

Everyone was pissed off at nintendo for only having one game. Do you live under a rock or something? Everyone was irritated that we won't see anything else.

Then again, the new Legend of Zelda simply blew us all away. Fans have accepted that it's basically the last good wii u game.

But for the 3ds, e3 wasn't even that bad. I don't see why anyone didn't talk about the games releasing. Some pokemon footage was shown, new monster hunters, a new harvest moon, Rhythm Heaven, and even a new IP!

Overall nintendo's e3 wasn't even that bad. It sounds like you're getting angry over nothing 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Completely agree with the op!

I think we've been conditioned by Nintendo's continued disinterest in E3 entirely (that's actually becoming an industry-wide attitude over the past half decade), as well as their many Treehouse presentations throughout the year. We know there will be a couple more this year and a great many things will soon be announced with the Nx coming, so, at least in my case, I didn't much care. Really, I'm glad they dedicated a day to Zelda lol

That said, they did get a lot of grief leading up to the event.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
0D0 said:

I'm sorry you feel that way. I would just ask that try to see shades of gray in everything. All Nintendo fans aren't biased and hypocritcal. And all Nintendo fans aren't saints. There are many different types Nintendo fans, and Sony fans, and Microsoft fans, and Apple fans, etc. They represent many different personalities.

You're right.

Apologies if I sounded like I'm hating Nintendo fans. I didn't meant to generalise about them, but this is usually the way I see their reactions about quantity, quality, presentations and E3.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?