By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Sony or Microsoft only showed one game at E3 they would be burnt

And so was Nintendo, and it was mostly deserved, however is impossible not to be hyped for the new Zelda.

Also, they did showed more games, Zelda and Pokemon were the only big ones, but they showed more.

Around the Network

well Bethesda showed no game and got not burned too

I would understand your use of "essentially" if they didn't reveal two to three new games at E3 this year. For comparison's sake, since we're doing hypothetical comparisons, Sony revealed three games too, and a couple more if we're throwing in the obvious PSVR new platform launch rush. Microsoft revealed about three games too!

There's only a discernible difference in how they chose to do the revealing. Two of them did it in conferences surrounded by several known games, one of them did it surrounded with live gameplay of mostly one known game.

Different methods are allowed in gaming, it's not a sin or something. Especially if we're allowed to take into account different circumstances for each company that determine their choice of reveal, because Nintendo is not an equivalent to Sony or MS at this current point.

You don't get to compare the two methodologies if you're going to ignore the circumstances behind the two.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

That's because Sony and Microsoft has a lot of games to show, unlike Nintendo.. :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

We also need to remember that Nintendo hasn't been showing much since E3 2015, all very likely being due to development shifting over to NX. We can accept the drought as long as we know that it has clear reasons.

When they show NX later this year and there ISN'T a good amount of cool games watch us tearing them a new one!
I am a fan of Nintendo but I'm the last one to excuse their bullshit when they decide to pull it again!

2015 we were pissed because E3 was the big showing. Whatever wasnt shown there wouldnt be shown otherwise. This year they went out of their way to tell everyone: "Yes, its mostly Zelda, but dont worry, we'll be showing NX and more soon enough"
We know theres more it it will come sooner or later this year, so we begrudingly accept that.

The new guy.

Sorry for possible mistakes, not a native speaker!

Around the Network
Guitarguy said:
MohammadBadir said:
Are you saying Nintendo wasn't bashed because of showing one game? :p
Though I do think that if it wasn't Zelda things would be a lot worse.

Nintendo did not get the wrath that Sony and especially Microsoft would have gotten had they have shown one game. :P That's what I'm saying.

The fact is that Nintendo owns IPs that are far more recognizable than the Sony/MS ones, I mean Zelda is one if not the highest rated series in gaming across all of it's mainline titles, to make an example: Horizon Zero Dawn looks stunning, it wins 10-0 against Breath of the Wild graphically even if they have different Art Styles, but the fact is that Horizon Zero Dawn is a new IP, we know that the people working on it at Guerilla are certainly skilled, but it's still a new IP, so there's the chance that it could flop. Zelda on the other hand proved itself succesfull for 30 years, going throught major changes.

V-r0cK said:
As a Wii U owner I wish Nintendo was more like Sony/MS and showed a lot more games cause now I feel like "F*ck Zelda is all I got left"

How about next E3? I dont think Nintendo can keep showing Zelda every year at E3 lol

Nah, Next E3 will be fine, MK9 will be there :p

0D0 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Are you saying Nintendo fans are dishonest with themselves and others, and will do and say anything to justify the actions of their favorite company?

Or do you mean that fans of all companies and genres are capable of moving goalposts and displaying brand loyalty in the face of overwhelming negative evidence? And if so, why didn't you say so?

I don't know their reasons. That's just what I always see happening.

It's like E3 presence. If Nintendo has rubbish presence at E3, Nintendo fans say that E3 doesn't matter. But when Nintendo has a great presentation, they say Nintendo won E3, so E3 only matters when Nintendo does a good job.

Yeah, because it's not like Nintendo fans aknoledge and backlash at Nintendo in the first place when they have shitty E3 presence like at E3 2015, look up the games that were announced at that E3 conference and tell me how many sold well...