By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If Sony or Microsoft only showed one game at E3 they would be burnt

If Nintendo hadn't been upfront about E3 basically being a Zelda-fest with a few other pieces thrown in here or there I think they would've received a lot more backlash. Fact is though that Sony and MS are both in different situations than Nintendo, they aren't trying to salvage what time they can with a dying console while prepping to launch a new one.

Around the Network

Sony showed zero games for the Vita, no burn there.

RolStoppable said:
Guitarguy said:

I did add the word "essentially" one game meaning 'pretty much one game". I do find it slightly unfathomable that alot of people seem to be fine with Nintendo's E3.

Two years ago Sony fans were ecstatic over an Uncharted 4 trailer. Consider such a level of prestige, double it and then add that Zelda wasn't just a trailer but an indepth look at the game. Then comes the question how can people be happy about getting so much information for such an anticipated game, and the only correct answer is another question:

Why do you ask such a silly question?

So Sony only basically showed off Uncharted 4 two years ago at E3? Right...

AnthonyW86 said:
Sony showed zero games for the Vita, no burn there.

Vita been dead for quite some time.

No they wouldn't. Because that one game they showed would be so AMAZING that it is better than all other showings combined.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Nintendo got panned after releasing their E3 plans but they showed more than 1 game. Zelda was just the biggest one that always generates that much excitement. It happens with every new Zelda as they're extremely scarce. I was fine with Nintendo's E3 because I'm excited for a lot of the games shown. And I don't have time to play or even get interested in all of the games show at E3. I do much more than play games and the games that I'm interested in: Zelda, Horizon, Last Guardian, Detroit: Become Human, Dragon Quest VII, will easily hold me over.

Yeah, good thing Nintendo showed more than one game. /basicresearch

The sad thing is if games like UC4's game play was as unique as Zelda BoTW Sony could get away with showing 1 game. But you get the feeling that most Sony 1st party titles resemble the next one. Everyone quotes Tflops this and that but can we get decent Ai and physics in these "next-gen" games? How is it that a cartoony Zelda game has more realistic physics than 90% of the games on the other consoles striving for realism?

Take a game like Horizon for instance, Alloy takes a direct hit from a monstrous Transformer dinobot and gets up completely unfazed. These games are dumbed down because visually gamers like to think they are playing hardcore games, but they really want their hands to be held. Just look at all of the games that sell truckloads every year! Completely unrealistic games hiding under the impression of gritty game play, to only realize that there are no consequences for you taking a clip of bullets to the chest.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Let's just get this over with. Let's say your OP is true. What does it say about Nintendo fans and how they differ from Xbox/PlayStation fans?

Let's just put the cards on the table so we don't need to pussyfoot for 10 pages.

Pussyfoot?

RavenXtra said:

Yeah, good thing Nintendo showed more than one game. /basicresearch

Hence why I had "essentially" in the OP which means "pretty much". Learn.