By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3 being fully remastered for PS4

Well no surprise for me. :-p Though not a sequel, Ratchet and Clank on PS4 gives me hope.

Couldn't watch it live but, did the internet explode when Crash first showed up? :D

Around the Network

If this does well, maybe we'll get a proper sequel or reboot.

LuckyTrouble said:
Guys, they chose the wrong word. It isn't remaster because "from the ground up" would legitimately make no sense. These are remakes built for the PS4, AKA using a modern game engine and redoing everything. Do you really think you can just remaster a freaking PS1 game at this point and produce anything anybody would care about? There is nothing you can do to PS1 graphics to make them look anything even remotely close to a modern PS4 game.

Yes, not to mention that would be very hard to remaster PS1 game in order to look good in 2017. They will probably remake games.

Trunkin said:

A remaster "from the ground up" of a PS1 game is essentially a brand new game. I didn't care for the Original Crash games on PS1, but I'm starved for quality 3D platformers, so I must have hope that these turnnout at least decent...!

I think you'll be disappointed, because it you want 3D gameplay, you'll have none. If it's a remaster, it's probably just new graphics but the same old levels. The levels essentially had 2D gameplay. There's a reason the games didn't have any manual camera controls. You know, an old-fashioned remake where you remake the audiovisual presentation but keep the core game intact.

At least that's what I assume what it's going to be. I have no idea why they'd choose to use the word 'remaster' if they wanted to completely remake the games, including levels. And I bet they wouldn't include all three games if they did that.

DivinePaladin said:
thismeintiel said:

This.  Of course, people are getting stuck on the word remaster, as if it's just going to look like a PS1 game in HD with AA.  What he meant was a remake.  You can't remaster a game from the ground up.  This will be in the same vein as the R&C remake.

The R&C remake was a different game entirely though. If you're expecting three different new-but-faithful Crash games, I don't know what to tell you. 

I see them making what they promised: A ground-up remastering. The same games, with moderate fixes to prevent dated mechanics, with an all new graphics engine but essentially the same gameplay engine just modified to run on PS4. That's essentially what every remaster thus far has been. FFXHD didn't run on the PS2 game's engine, there was an engine made to run it on PS3,  4, and Vita faithfully. 

Plus, he tripped over his words several times tonight. You can't assume you know what he meant, nor can I. I'm just taking his quote literally, because that's much closer than stretching to ground-up-remake. The closest thing this game might have to the Ratchet game is that they might straight-up grab the level geometry out of the archives and throw it in the mesh. Otherwise the two aren't remotely comparable.  

Every remaster thus far has not been that. True they have been made to run on newer systems, but all the assets are usually the same.  The only difference is they are made to run at higher resolutions and higher framerates, with a touch of better AA and sometimes lighting.  They are not remastered "from the ground up." I'm expecting better controls, PS4 graphics, with levels having very similar layouts, just larger in scope.  I fully expect them to keep the fixed camera, but who knows.  It'll most likely be an even better Knack, which I enjoyed.  So yea, I won't be disappointed.

Around the Network

No its skylanders bs amirite ??

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

BEST ANNOUNCEMENT AT E3!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CRASH BANDICOOT IS COMING BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

Any footage?