By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3 being fully remastered for PS4

arcaneguyver said:
I'll take a trilogy remaster over the deafening nothing from Activision.

This.  Of course, people are getting stuck on the word remaster, as if it's just going to look like a PS1 game in HD with AA.  What he meant was a remake.  You can't remaster a game from the ground up.  This will be in the same vein as the R&C remake.

Around the Network

Would prefer they just port and release. Did they mention price?

Yeah, that was rather weak. They dashed through that so quickly. "Crash will be in skylanders and 1,2 and 3 will be ramade. QUICK, NEXT GAME!" It was kinda comical...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Fei-Hung said:
This will be like Ratchet and Clank. Looks like they are saving stuff for PGS / Gamescom.

Wonder what Sucker Punch is cooking. Also, considering all the reveals, what exactly is left for the other shows?!

Technically Eight Days, The Getaway and Agent were never officially canceled, the first 2 were just "placed on hold" in like 2011 and SCE London, Shu or everyone else from Sony has just gone quiet about them.

Agent is one of those whenever Rockstar are ready to talk about it or be on a conference stage they'll do their thing, probably away from E3.

Sony Japan were rumored to have Knack 2 ready to show, but maybe that will be a TGS thing, Eight Days and The Getaway could be the big Gamescom or Paris Games Week things.

A while ago Resistance was trademarked, so maybe that's being cooked up by some studio, somewhere within Sony.

Sony Japan are also rumored to be working on a massive new IP, something like a Final Fantasy game, but more western focused.

Sucker Punch has been hinted by Scott Rhode to be making a new IP, that was in an interview with Colin Moriarty at Kinda Funny Games last PSX.

So tonnes of potential things could still happen this year, along with cool new gameplay and release dates for all of the other titles Sony have announced, but that still need concrete details.

There's also the possibilty that Ready at Dawn are making a new The Order game and From Software could have another PS4 exclusive, similar to Bloodborne or Souls, but maybe some fresh take or new setting that changes the formula up.

Verendus on Neogaf has been pretty reliable with a lot of stuff, like FF7 remake, a bunch of other things and he's made a big list of things that Sony has in the works, Shinobi602 has also been reliable, talking about Days Gone, basically nailing what was shown today, along with talking about Horizon well before anyone else had said anything about it, I think he's mentioned some other stuff.

Oh yeah Verendus mentioned a PS All Stars rework, like a sequel of sorts that takes that game idea in a different direction.

Maybe we'll get some of this stuff at the next events Sony has coming up.

DivinePaladin said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

I downloaded them all on PS3 a couple years ago and 3 actually aged incredibly well visually and gameplay wise.  The first 2 are virtually unplayable today though ESPECIALLY 1.  Like the checkpoint system is all messed up and controlling crash with Dpad only is dumb now.  So yeah a little big of collision detection and control will be nice.

I'll admit I mostly tried 1 and 2, so I don't doubt that's true (although the gimmicky levels seemed terrible in 3). I can't see them NOT fixing the games up but you never really know with a remaster. 

a big part of 3 aging so well is the controls are designed for analogue sticks so yeah it's a big departure and many of the gimmick levels really keep things fresh through the 30 or so levels

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

Just quickly was this announced as exclusive or just coming to ps4?

thismeintiel said:
arcaneguyver said:
I'll take a trilogy remaster over the deafening nothing from Activision.

This.  Of course, people are getting stuck on the word remaster, as if it's just going to look like a PS1 game in HD with AA.  What he meant was a remake.  You can't remaster a game from the ground up.  This will be in the same vein as the R&C remake.

The R&C remake was a different game entirely though. If you're expecting three different new-but-faithful Crash games, I don't know what to tell you. 

I see them making what they promised: A ground-up remastering. The same games, with moderate fixes to prevent dated mechanics, with an all new graphics engine but essentially the same gameplay engine just modified to run on PS4. That's essentially what every remaster thus far has been. FFXHD didn't run on the PS2 game's engine, there was an engine made to run it on PS3,  4, and Vita faithfully. 

Plus, he tripped over his words several times tonight. You can't assume you know what he meant, nor can I. I'm just taking his quote literally, because that's much closer than stretching to ground-up-remake. The closest thing this game might have to the Ratchet game is that they might straight-up grab the level geometry out of the archives and throw it in the mesh. Otherwise the two aren't remotely comparable.  

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

OMG awesome news, everything I would want!! :D

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh! Crash lives! I'll take it and run. I've been told for years that crash was dead. 

A remaster "from the ground up" of a PS1 game is essentially a brand new game. I didn't care for the Original Crash games on PS1, but I'm starved for quality 3D platformers, so I must have hope that these turnnout at least decent...!