By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3 being fully remastered for PS4

I was excited until they said "remastered"...

Essentially:

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Remastered Dashed all my dreams. It is Final Fantasy VII all over again in my mind. 

Captain_Yuri said:

Essentially:

"from the ground up".

VGPolyglot said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Essentially:

"from the ground up".

And?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It depends on the studio. Hopefully they don't get some cheapo port house to remaster it.

Around the Network

I'll take a trilogy remaster over the deafening nothing from Activision.

Guys, they chose the wrong word. It isn't remaster because "from the ground up" would legitimately make no sense. These are remakes built for the PS4, AKA using a modern game engine and redoing everything. Do you really think you can just remaster a freaking PS1 game at this point and produce anything anybody would care about? There is nothing you can do to PS1 graphics to make them look anything even remotely close to a modern PS4 game.

Captain_Yuri said:
VGPolyglot said:

"from the ground up".

And?

It's more of a remake than a remaster.

This will be like Ratchet and Clank. Looks like they are saving stuff for PGS / Gamescom.

Wonder what Sucker Punch is cooking. Also, considering all the reveals, what exactly is left for the other shows?!

VGPolyglot said:
Captain_Yuri said:

And?

It's more of a remake than a remaster.

Idk dude... They said remaster... They are probably gonna change everything in terms of graphics and etc but I doubt they are gonna change the levels and etc enough to call it a "remake" hence the name...