By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3 being fully remastered for PS4

BasilZero said:

Sony Interactive Entertainment has partnered with Activision, and are fully remastering Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2, and Crash Bandicoot: Warped “from the ground up” for PlayStation 4.
No release date though.

Damn, i was hoping for Sequel, but oh well. Atleast they give us a whole pack of 3 games.

Anyways, GOD OF WAR HYPE!!!

Around the Network

Random thought, let's hope Bluepoint is tapped for this project.

Captain_Yuri said:
Teeqoz said:

If they change the graphics and bring the controls up to snuff with today, that in and of itself would be a massive, massive change. The original Crash didn't even support dual analog.

Yea but its still a remaster... Which doesn't interest me one bit... Sure it will look more pretty but it doesn't change the fact that I will know how everything will go when I play it

For me it really depends on one thing alone, that they give Crash 1 the controls of 2 and 3, if they do that I'll be satisfied and support the shit out of it to get another game out.

Also, if gamers themselves don't know the difference between a remaster, a remake, and a reboot/reimagining it wouldn't surprise me if bussiness men didn't either.

I'm now filled with determination.

I was wrong. They actually did Crash.

It's not Crash 4, though, and they did Skylanders too, so I'll take a half-loss. Hopefully it's a solid remaster that makes the gameplay enjoyable for me; I can't stand the old Crash games' handling.

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

Funnily enough this Is how I thought they'd do it. Obviously had no belief in a new game so this Is the safe and easy option to scratch peoples nostalgia itch

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
I was excited until they said "remastered"...

Essentially:

Heyy, better than nothing :D maybe it's just the beginning?

leyendax69 said:
Captain_Yuri said:
I was excited until they said "remastered"...

Essentially:

Hopefully! The day they announce a sequel is the day my black laptop turns white

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
leyendax69 said:

Hopefully! The day they announce a sequel is the day my black laptop turns white

DivinePaladin said:

It's not Crash 4, though, and they did Skylanders too, so I'll take a half-loss. Hopefully it's a solid remaster that makes the gameplay enjoyable for me; I can't stand the old Crash games' handling.

I downloaded them all on PS3 a couple years ago and 3 actually aged incredibly well visually and gameplay wise.  The first 2 are virtually unplayable today though ESPECIALLY 1.  Like the checkpoint system is all messed up and controlling crash with Dpad only is dumb now.  So yeah a little big of collision detection and control will be nice.

I am Iron Man

Robert_Downey_Jr. said:
DivinePaladin said:

I downloaded them all on PS3 a couple years ago and 3 actually aged incredibly well visually and gameplay wise.  The first 2 are virtually unplayable today though ESPECIALLY 1.  Like the checkpoint system is all messed up and controlling crash with Dpad only is dumb now.  So yeah a little big of collision detection and control will be nice.

I'll admit I mostly tried 1 and 2, so I don't doubt that's true (although the gimmicky levels seemed terrible in 3). I can't see them NOT fixing the games up but you never really know with a remaster. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!