By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3 being fully remastered for PS4

LuckyTrouble said:
Guys, they chose the wrong word. It isn't remaster because "from the ground up" would legitimately make no sense. These are remakes built for the PS4, AKA using a modern game engine and redoing everything. Do you really think you can just remaster a freaking PS1 game at this point and produce anything anybody would care about? There is nothing you can do to PS1 graphics to make them look anything even remotely close to a modern PS4 game.

good because Crash 1 and 2 played with just the Dpad and Crash 1 is terrible today.

I am Iron Man

Around the Network

Well something is better than nothing, I suppose...but it was still quite the awful tease (particularly in Skylanders).

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

A playable demo comes on disk with Uncharted 4

Teeqoz said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Yea but its still a remaster... Which doesn't interest me one bit... Sure it will look more pretty but it doesn't change the fact that I will know how everything will go when I play it

Well won't you know the same for a remake as well? The story is the same, the locations are the same, the levels remain moderately the same. About what I expect from this as well.

Well remakes should change enough to keep things more fresh than remasters so for me, its a bit better but as I said with my other post, I would rather have a new entry with a good amount of care going into it than either.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:
Teeqoz said:

Well won't you know the same for a remake as well? The story is the same, the locations are the same, the levels remain moderately the same. About what I expect from this as well.

Well remakes should change enough to keep things more fresh than remasters so for me, its a bit better but as I said with my other post, I would rather have a new entry with a good amount of care going into it than either.

Sure, but with Activision at the helm, that seems unlikely (but maybe if these do well? Nah.... I won't get my hopes up). This is the best we'll get, and frankly, I think it can still be good. The original games could use updated controls, models, graphics, pretty much a complete overhaul.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Sure, but with Activision at the helm, that seems unlikely (but maybe if these do well? Nah.... I won't get my hopes up). This is the best we'll get, and frankly, I think it can still be good. The original games could use updated controls, models, graphics, pretty much a complete overhaul.

Not saying it won't be good but just saying that I don't care for remasters and I was hoping for a new entry. Least its better than what MS did with Conker tho

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Meh, these remakes better be amazing.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Captain_Yuri said:
I was excited until they said "remastered"...

Essentially:

Its a remake not a remaster.

Maybe we will still see a new game in the future?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Mystro-Sama said:
Captain_Yuri said:
I was excited until they said "remastered"...

Essentially:

Its a remake not a remaster.

"Crash Bandicoot 1, 2, and 3 being fully remastered for PS4"

"Sony Interactive Entertainment has partnered with Activision, and are fully remastering Crash BandicootCrash Bandicoot 2, andCrash Bandicoot: Warped “from the ground up” for PlayStation 4."

???