By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii does not = , > the PS2,PS3,360 because they are NOT THE SAME!!

I predict at least another page once again debating what the 'real' meaning of hardcore is.

Around the Network
tastyshovelware said:
sc94597 said:
Read this, and some of his other articles. It makes very clear on what nintendo is trying to do with the wii. They start out on casual games then move up to more , and more hardcore games. This is what happend to the ds http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html .

well, i guess it depends on what you consider to be 'hardcore.'

i really think the wii to this point has rather few 'hardcore' titles. im a gamer who thinks kart and galaxy aren't hardcore. now, im not saying they're casual, but at a point in between. i think a lot of nintendo games fall into the in between category.

i don't think nintendo will see many modern 'core' gamers choose the wii as their primary system. a lot of the ones who do pick the wii solely, pick it for nintendo games. these are gamers that grew up with nintendo and look for the familiar releases.

i don't see nintendo ever going really hardcore. at least, not in the way the word is often used.

Considering the alternatives, I don't think hardcore gamers have much of a choice when it comes to not owning a Wii. You can play a non-dependable console, a console with mediocre multiplats and very few AAA games, or a console with some really great AAAexclusives from Intelligent Systems and other Nintendo developers.

How could a "hardcore" gamer justify not owning a Wii.

In fact, I probably haven't played my PS3 as much as I have most single games on my Wii, because the worthy games on that system are usually about 5 hours long, and not that epic to begin with.

Frankly, it just awes me that people contine to attack the Wii, week after week, while ignoring the problems of the PS3 simply because they want to jump on the bandwagon, or because they got pissed off because of what some Nintendo fanboy said in the latest sales figures thread.

That's what this post is all about you know. Someone got pissed off cause a Marioboy bragged about this weeks Wii sales.

The Wii is fine, learn to play. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

On a side note, my Wii has differentiated itself in my household, as a great machine and a plausible alternative in single play, to my PS2.

On the other hand, my PS3 is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY shittier than my PS2, and if I had to choose one, I'd throw the PS3 in the river at this point, because its got no good games.

I didn't buy a damn PS3 to play FPS and western games on it, ffs, and I got what, Uncharted, Orange Box, Rachet and Clank. Come on man, you guys give the PS3 way too much credit, its got nothing till its big games hit, I own one, I freakin' know what its like.

The only thing that saves the PS3 for me is Guitar Hero 3's availability on the system, at I actually bought that for the Wii early on, but I do give it props for at least having a game that someone could enjoy for a really long time without having to resort to online play, even if it is a multiplat.

I NEED Disgaea 3, Final Fantasy XIII or ANY JRPG ffs, Metal Gear, come on. Those 3 games are all I need for this gen to be ok for the PS3 by me, but until I get those, this black fuzz bucket is not worthy to the PS2 name, imo. Speak against that, if you can.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

The Wii has no decent third party support. I would rather have Lost Plant with bad framrates then not have Lost Plant at all. The same with CoD4, DMC4, RE5, Army of Two, Ace Combat 6, Assassin Creed, and many others in which is not on the Wii.

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills
joshmyersBV said:
sc94597 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
I wonder if the Wii will still be in "a different market" when Kingdom Hearts 3 is announced for it.

Now that you mentioned it.

Million If the wii isn't competing how is it taking games from the ps3 such as MH3.

That's the only game and its not like the PS3 can't sell without it.

The Wii was aimed for the casual market, not the Hardcore gaming market and Third parties know that. Thats why EA made madden easy to play on the Wii. The Wii is still competing with the PS3 and 360 but not in the same market.

That still means they are in competition even if it is one game. It still got games that were on the ps brand too such as Fatal Frame 5. 

Also read this http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html then reconsider what casual is.  

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
joshmyersBV said:
sc94597 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
I wonder if the Wii will still be in "a different market" when Kingdom Hearts 3 is announced for it.

Million If the wii isn't competing how is it taking games from the ps3 such as MH3.

The Wii was aimed for the casual market, not the Hardcore gaming market and Third parties know that. Thats why EA made madden easy to play on the Wii. The Wii is still competing with the PS3 and 360 but not in the same market.

That still means they are in competition even if it is one game. It still got games that were on the ps brand too such as Fatal Frame 5. 

Also read this http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html then reconsider what casual is.  

The wii to me just does not have the games I like and what I think are Hardcore games but thats me. Its different for other people.

"I could make Halo. It's not that I couldn't design that game. It's just that I choose not to. One thing about my game design is that I never try to look for what people want and then try to make that game design." - Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto

PSN joshmyersBV Global rank in Warhawk: 1734 Rank: Wing Leader Over 200 Mine kills
ZenfoldorVGI said:

Considering the alternatives, I don't think hardcore gamers have much of a choice when it comes to not owning a Wii. You can play a non-dependable console, a console with mediocre multiplats and very few AAA games, or a console with some really great AAAexclusives from Intelligent Systems and other Nintendo developers.

How could a "hardcore" gamer justify not owning a Wii.

I consider myself a pretty hardcore gamer.  I will probably never own a Wii.  I've owned an NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Gameboy, and the DS.  I used to be a huge fan of Nintendo.  When the Revolution/Wii was announced, I was excited about all the possibilities.  Then I got to try out the Wii and was left thoroughly unimpressed by everything about it, except for the nice compact size of it.

Whether or not they are in the same market isn't an opinionated question, its simply a fact that they are.

All consoles and games are competing for the disposable income of gamers, that is one market. There are niches in that market like "hardcore" and "casual" etc..and each console makes its appeal to those segments differently but all three consoles have appeal to the entirety of this market on some level.

Just the fact that people own PSWii and Wii60 setups means that when they go to the store they have to choose where their gaming dollar is going and that money gets split between the two.

Again, its a FACT that they are in the same market, and no amount of crying, ranting, or closing your eyes and wishing really hard is going to change it.

PS - @Fishy, next time just add a "/thread" at the end of your post and lock it please.

To Each Man, Responsibility
joshmyersBV said:
sc94597 said:
joshmyersBV said:
sc94597 said:
ClaudeLv250 said:

The wii to me just does not have the games I like I what I think are Hardcore games but thats me. Its different for other people.

That is it. The games you like are different from the games other people like. ANd just because they aren't the games you like doesn't mean they aren't hardcore. I could name 10 hardcore games on the top of my head that I like, but you may not. RE4wii edition,SMg,MP3,FE:RD,LoZTP,BW2,Mohh2,Z&W,NMH,and SSBB. I could also name multiple other hardcore games that I don't like such as CoD3, MoHV,Manhunt 2,Sonic Riders, Soni, Agatha Christie,and about 20 others. Just because a game is bad doesn't mean it isn't hardcore. The reason why the wii is thought as casual is , because the casual games sell more than the hardcore ones. 

well Zen there is also Heavenly Sword, Folklore was at least worth renting, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Pixel Junk Monster, plus some western or fps or tps that although you may not enjoy do make the system worth owning.  COD4, Assasins Creed, Devil May Cry 4, Oblivion,  Rock Band