By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii does not = , > the PS2,PS3,360 because they are NOT THE SAME!!

Nintendo fanboys braging about how excellent the Wii is because of it's amazing hardware and software sales is fine by me , they can scream about how legendary and excellent it's sales are all over the forum for all I care . But what really pisses me off is when Ninteno Fanboy's compare the graphical capablilties , hardware sales, software sales to the PS2 , PS3 , 360.

• The PS2 was made what , 8 years ago ? OBVIOUSLY THE WII WILL BE MORE POWERFULL the comparison threads are stupid !
  • I'd argue that the Wii's in a league of it's own , it's not in direct competition with the 360 and PS3 . Many Wii owners( who are also hardcore gamers) are PSWii or Wii360. I can't imagine anyone settling with the Wii alone for current gen gaming.
  • STOP making threads about wether the Wii can play 360/PS3 games , NO IT CAN'T ( well without some severe degrading) how many mini's do you see with Ferrari engines in em ?.
  • I don't think the 360 or the PS3 (unless you wanna compare the PS3 with sony's last console) should be seen as doing badly simply because the Wii is doing good , I read some where on this site that the 360 has significantly better attach rates than the Wii, wouldn't this imply that a higher percentage of 360 and PS3 owners are different kinds of gamers ?(hardcore gamers maybe) THEY AREN'T IN THE SAME MARKET.
  • Up until recently the 360 and the PS3 where much more expensive than the Wii , at launch I coulda bought multiple Wii's for the price of the PS3 , why ? BECAUSE THEY AREN'T IN THE SAME BLOODY MARKET.
  • A grandma , 40 , 35 year old doesn't walk into a shop and say "oh the Wii's are sold out , i'll buy a 360 instead because it's equally cheap) a large % of Nintnedo's market aren't 

IF PS3 , XBOX 360 , PS2 VS WII IS AN ACCEPTABLE COMPARISON THEN SO IS SKODA VS FERRARI OR FOOTBALL VS BASKETBALL , IPOD VS CHEAP IMPORTS.

GRANTED SOME OF THEY'RE CUSTOMERS ARE THE SAME PEOPLE BUT I'D BET A LARGE % OF NINTENDO'S CUSTOMERS WOULD NEVER BUY A PS3 OR 360.

I know i'll probably get flamed to hell but the satisfaction of getting this off my chest was and is well worth it.

Around the Network

I for one kinda consider myself a "hardcore gamer" and will only own a wii the gen. Thanks for the branding though. ^^

Yet when anything beats the Wii for the week, people are all over it. Don't see you complaining when that happens.

Also, there are a lot more threads trashing the Wii's graphics than those that advocate for it. 

Sorry Luinil but I was making generalisations , there will probably be many exceptions to what i've said but I don't think there'd be a significant amount.

At fishy , if the Ipod beat all chineese imports in sales , Wouldn't apple fan boys scream about it ?. Or if the Ferrari with a higher price point beat the sale of much cheaper ford car's . It's an achievment because all the odds are stacked against the more expensive consoles , especialy in our economy state.

This topic is an epic fail. I reccomend all reading this to turn away before your eyes bleed. All I needed to read was Wii is not in the same market as PS3 and 360 to understand the failure.

Around the Network

I have two friends who are hardcore gamers (one who is even greater so than myself) and they only plan on owning Wiis this gen. So... failure?

Also, the comparison threads between Wii and PS2 usually go something like:
"Sony fanboy tries to show that Wii=PS2 graphically."
"Wii fanboy proves them wrong."

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Also, why do most of the PS3 fanboys in this forum have avatars that looks totally pissed?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Million said:

Nintendo fanboys braging about how excellent the Wii is because of it's amazing hardware and software sales is fine by me , they can scream about how legendary and excellent it's sales are all over the forum for all I care . But what really pisses me off is when Ninteno Fanboy's compare the graphical capablilties , hardware sales, software sales to the PS2 , PS3 , 360.

• The PS2 was made what , 8 years ago ? OBVIOUSLY THE WII WILL BE MORE POWERFULL the comparison threads are stupid !
  • I'd argue that the Wii's in a league of it's own , it's not in direct competition with the 360 and PS3 . Many Wii owners( who are also hardcore gamers) are PSWii or Wii360. I can't imagine anyone settling with the Wii alone for current gen gaming.
  • STOP making threads about wether the Wii can play 360/PS3 games , NO IT CAN'T ( well without some severe degrading) how many mini's do you see with Ferrari engines in em ?.
  • I don't think the 360 or the PS3 (unless you wanna compare the PS3 with sony's last console) should be seen as doing badly simply because the Wii is doing good , I read some where on this site that the 360 has significantly better attach rates than the Wii, wouldn't this imply that a higher percentage of 360 and PS3 owners are different kinds of gamers ?(hardcore gamers maybe) THEY AREN'T IN THE SAME MARKET.
  • Up until recently the 360 and the PS3 where much more expensive than the Wii , at launch I coulda bought multiple Wii's for the price of the PS3 , why ? BECAUSE THEY AREN'T IN THE SAME BLOODY MARKET.
  • A grandma , 40 , 35 year old doesn't walk into a shop and say "oh the Wii's are sold out , i'll buy a 360 instead because it's equally cheap) a large % of Nintnedo's market aren't 

IF PS3 , XBOX 360 , PS2 VS WII IS AN ACCEPTABLE COMPARISON THEN SO IS SKODA VS FERRARI OR FOOTBALL VS BASKETBALL , IPOD VS CHEAP IMPORTS.

GRANTED SOME OF THEY'RE CUSTOMERS ARE THE SAME PEOPLE BUT I'D BET A LARGE % OF NINTENDO'S CUSTOMERS WOULD NEVER BUY A PS3 OR 360.

I know i'll probably get flamed to hell but the satisfaction of getting this off my chest was and is well worth it.

Epic Fail.

Zucas said:
This topic is an epic fail. I reccomend all reading this to turn away before your eyes bleed. All I needed to read was Wii is not in the same market as PS3 and 360 to understand the failure.

Isn't that what Nintendo said though? That they're not competing on the same level as the others?

I know that was probably an excuse they could use if they failed, but still, hypocracy. 

Read this, and some of his other articles. It makes very clear on what nintendo is trying to do with the wii. They start out on casual games then move up to more , and more hardcore games. This is what happend to the ds http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html .