By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii does not = , > the PS2,PS3,360 because they are NOT THE SAME!!

HappySqurriel said:

because the difference between the PS2 and Wii is similar to the difference between the Wii and the PS3.

Technicaly ? Saleswise ? No .

Around the Network
kenzomatic said:
I love these threads.

Why?

Million said:
HappySqurriel said:

because the difference between the PS2 and Wii is similar to the difference between the Wii and the PS3.

Technicaly. Yes. The wii is about 4-5 times more powerful than the ps2, and the ps3 is the same times more powerful than the wii. 

I am going to post this again so I could get your attention. http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html 

Stever89 said:
Zucas said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Zucas said:
This topic is an epic fail. I reccomend all reading this to turn away before your eyes bleed. All I needed to read was Wii is not in the same market as PS3 and 360 to understand the failure.

Isn't that what Nintendo said though? That they're not competing on the same level as the others?

I know that was probably an excuse they could use if they failed, but still, hypocracy.

If they said that, it was most likely a marketing niche they were trying to create. Trying to point out to the casual market that the 360 and PS3 aren't going for their buys. If Nintendo has said that it was for some marketing ploy like that, which really has seemed to work well.

But factually they are competing in the same market. If they weren't then we'd see trends of PS3 and 360 similar to that of the PS2, Xbox, and GC generation before us.

I also believe that both Microsoft and Sony said that a Wii look really nice besides their 360/PS3. It was almost like everyone was getting a long. Until the Wii started selling more than the other two combined. Then it was like "oh they aren't in the same league." Or something like that.

Well basically what I was saying to Montana is that what is real and what the companie's PR things are most likely going to contradict.  I mean from all PR, we know there is going to be some bullshit.  Nintendo said a lot of things early on how they are really going for the casual and earlier that was great, until recently they've had backlashes from the hardcore.  Now everytime they talk about the Wii they say it's great for both the long time gamers and ones just getting into it.  So you can never believe what PR says directly cause they have an agenda like the rest of us.  There agenda is marketing, and they use the best strategies.

Same thing with MS and Sony early on.  They really didn't see the Wii as a competitor.  And they actually used the Wii early on as somethign to attach themselves too.  I mean they thought the early success was jsut a fad but they still wanted to feel somewhat connected to it.  Thus you saw MS PR saying how great the Wii is and how awesome it is to have one next to a 360.  And Sony did a similar thing.  Using it to to say get these 2 but not the other.  But then the Wii kept selling, and now they state well its really not something that'll keep ya going very long or it'll die out later on, so instead get my console that'll be here for awhile.  Once again PR changing with agenda and marketing strategy.  And sometimes I feel people get way to caught up in what they say.  I like to analyze what they say to see what provokes them to say this, then we can really see what they are thinking.  Otherwise its' well though out bullshit.  But its' not reality.

Million said:
totalwar23 said:
So basically, this thread is about a Sony fanboy annoyed by Nintendo fanboys. Would that count as irony?

I am by no means a Sony fanboy , I don't own any of the current Gen systems and most of my gaming is done on my PC. Look up the definition of Ironic.

Since when do you need a next-gen consoles to be a fanboy for it? Judging from this post and your previous posts, yes, you clearly have a PS3 biased. Secondly, Sony fanboys are extremely annoying with their "Wii is barely stronger than a PS2" so yes, Sony fanboys complaining about how annoying Nintendo fanboys would be ironic as fanboys are annoying in general.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Million said:
HappySqurriel said:

Technicaly. Yes. The wii is about 4-5 times more powerful than the ps2, and the ps3 is the same times more powerful than the wii.

I am going to post this again so I could get your attention. http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html

If your talking about theoretical power then maybe ( even though I'd still be doughtfull of the Wii being theoreticaly 4-5 time more powerfull the the PS2) in practice many Wii games have PS2 and in some cases sub ps2 graphics. Mainly 1st party titles exceed PS2 but not 4-5 times as much.

This thread is one of the main reasons online guests will greatly outnumber members on this site... Angry fanboys that distort facts/cherry pick/flame do not encourage civilised discussion...
It's great that you got this off your chest...but could you not have just stood in front of a mirror and said this to yourself instead?

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2

Million said:
sc94597 said:
Million said:
HappySqurriel said:

If your talking about theoretical power then maybe ( even though I'd still be doughtfull of the Wii being theoreticaly 4-5 time more powerfull the the PS2) in practice many Wii games have PS2 and in some cases sub ps2 graphics. Mainly 1st party titles exceed PS2 but not 4-5 times as much.

And you're complaining of people comparing the PS2 to the Wii? You're doing it yourself.

totalwar23 said:
Million said:
totalwar23 said:
So basically, this thread is about a Sony fanboy annoyed by Nintendo fanboys. Would that count as irony?

I am by no means a Sony fanboy , I don't own any of the current Gen systems and most of my gaming is done on my PC. Look up the definition of Ironic.

Since when do you need a next-gen consoles to be a fanboy for it? Judging from this post and your previous posts, yes, you clearly have a PS3 biased. Secondly, Sony fanboys are extremely annoying with their "Wii is barely stronger than a PS2" so yes, Sony fanboys complaining about how annoying Nintendo fanboys would be ironic as fanboys are ironic in general.

I like the PS3 so it's likely that I'd favour the PS3 over other consoles , touch. At no point in this thread did I ever bash the Wii or say something blaitantly biased which was untrue . I always try to keep a level of objectivity but it's impossible for a human to be truly objective as we only see things from a perspective. But if the PS3's performing sucky then i'll say exactly that , I just prefer it when it's doing well , it's also harder to debate if you like a the 3 consoles equaly , debate requires a degree of bias otherwise you'd end up arguing against yourself.

Million said:
sc94597 said:
Million said:
HappySqurriel said:

http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html it's good for you it will open your eyes.