By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Wii does not = , > the PS2,PS3,360 because they are NOT THE SAME!!

totalwar23 said:
Million said:
sc94597 said:
Million said:
HappySqurriel said:

because the difference between the PS2 and Wii is similar to the difference between the Wii and the PS3.

Technicaly ? Saleswise ? No .

Technicaly. Yes. The wii is about 4-5 times more powerful than the ps2, and the ps3 is the same times more powerful than the wii.

I am going to post this again so I could get your attention. http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html

If your talking about theoretical power then maybe ( even though I'd still be doughtfull of the Wii being theoreticaly 4-5 time more powerfull the the PS2) in practice many Wii games have PS2 and in some cases sub ps2 graphics. Mainly 1st party titles exceed PS2 but not 4-5 times as much.

And you're complaining of people comparing the PS2 to the Wii? You're doing it yourself.

that's incredibly unfair , I was disproving some one who was clearly incorrect . I didn't start a thread about it.

Around the Network
luinil said:
I for one kinda consider myself a "hardcore gamer" and will only own a wii the gen. Thanks for the branding though. ^^

Dido

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits

Not to be flaiming you, but i find it funny that b4 this gen started, everybody was chanting the wii would fail, somehow i did not hear them use the excuse that it would not really be competing, but now it has ran circles past the PS/360 people use that as some sort of excuse now not to compare them. And when Nintendo said they were not competing, they meant it more as that they do not see MS or sony as their competition rather the indifference to gaming people had (if that make sense at all LOL).

Nintendo & Sony Supporter

Currently own- DS, PSP, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 DreamCast.

Man i have too many consoles..... 

Quotes to live by!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"- Helen Keller

"i am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded is another step forward"-Thomas Edison

"Man is not the creature of circumstancesCircumstances are the creatures of men"

Million said:
sc94597 said:
Million said:
HappySqurriel said:

because the difference between the PS2 and Wii is similar to the difference between the Wii and the PS3.

Technicaly. Yes. The wii is about 4-5 times more powerful than the ps2, and the ps3 is the same times more powerful than the wii.

I am going to post this again so I could get your attention. http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html

If your talking about theoretical power then maybe ( even though I'd still be doughtfull of the Wii being theoreticaly 4-5 time more powerfull the the PS2) in practice many Wii games have PS2 and in some cases sub ps2 graphics. Mainly 1st party titles exceed PS2 but not 4-5 times as much.

Well it's early in the Wii's life , and they still didn't push it. The gc was at least 1.5 times more powerful doing things like real time lighting, and shaders the ps2 couldn't do. The Wii has alot more pontential then what people are giving it. They judge it graphically based off it's worse games rather then it's best(for now). Everybody thought the gamecube was pushed it's first year too, but then re4,mp3,sfa,etc came. THe wii's ram has more bandwidth, less latency, and there is more of it. It's cache is 8 times the ps2,gc,xbox, and it's processor is about 3 times, by just comparing clock speed to the ps2. The gpu is capable of alot more than the ps2 , and gc, and slightly more so than the xbox. Let's also not for get how efficient the wii is compared to them. I could see alot of high end wii graphics comparable to low end 360 graphics(First Year) I'm not saying all btw. ONly some.

READ http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html

Million said:
totalwar23 said:
Million said:
totalwar23 said:
So basically, this thread is about a Sony fanboy annoyed by Nintendo fanboys. Would that count as irony?

I am by no means a Sony fanboy , I don't own any of the current Gen systems and most of my gaming is done on my PC. Look up the definition of Ironic.

Since when do you need a next-gen consoles to be a fanboy for it? Judging from this post and your previous posts, yes, you clearly have a PS3 biased. Secondly, Sony fanboys are extremely annoying with their "Wii is barely stronger than a PS2" so yes, Sony fanboys complaining about how annoying Nintendo fanboys would be ironic as fanboys are ironic in general.

I like the PS3 so it's likely that I'd favour the PS3 over other consoles , touch. At no point in this thread did I ever bash the Wii or say something blaitantly biased which was untrue . I always try to keep a level of objectivity but it's impossible for a human to be truly objective as we only see things from a perspective. But if the PS3's performing sucky then i'll say exactly that , I just prefer it when it's doing well , it's also harder to debate if you like a the 3 consoles equaly , debate requires a degree of bias otherwise you'd end up arguing against yourself.

you may have not bashed the Wii in this thread (although that itself may be debatable by the tone of your posts.) but you have done it in the past not so objectively.

Around the Network
Million said:
totalwar23 said:
Million said:
sc94597 said:
Million said:
HappySqurriel said:

And you're complaining of people comparing the PS2 to the Wii? You're doing it yourself.

that's incredibly unfair , I was disproving some one who was clearly incorrect . I didn't start a thread about it.

Clearly incorrect?

The Gamecube was certainly more powerful than the PS2, and by some estimates was (at least) twice as powerful; the Wii is certainly more powerful than the Gamecube, and by some estimates is 2 to 4 times as powerful. This puts the Wii as being (at least) 3 to 4 times as powerful as the PS2 ... The XBox 360 and PS3 are (roughly) about 4 times as powerful as the Wii.

You're just as guilty as all the fanboys you complain about ...

@Million

read this http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html then come back, it's good for you

Million said:
totalwar23 said:
Million said:
sc94597 said:
Million said:
HappySqurriel said:

you haven't disproved anything as you don't know the Wii's tech spec. And seeing as you don't have a Wii, you wouldn't really know how better looking Wii games are than PS2's games. Seeing as I have a Wii and a PS2 side by side under my TV, I can say that Wii games look so much better than PS2 games.

sc94597 said:
Million said:
sc94597 said:
Million said:
HappySqurriel said:

Well it's early in the Wii's life , and they still didn't push it. The gc was at least 1.5 times more powerful doing things like real time lighting, and shaders the ps2 couldn't do. The Wii has alot more pontential then what people are giving it. They judge it graphically based off it's worse games rather then it's best(for now). Everybody thought the gamecube was pushed it's first year too, but then re4,mp3,sfa,etc came. THe wii's ram has more bandwidth, less latency, and there is more of it. It's cache is 8 times the ps2,gc,xbox, and it's processor is about 3 times, by just comparing clock speed to the ps2. The gpu is capable of alot more than the ps2 , and gc, and slightly more so than the xbox. Let's also not for get how efficient the wii is compared to them. I could see alot of high end wii graphics comparable to low end 360 graphics(First Year) I'm not saying all btw. ONly some.

READ http://malstrom.50webs.com/birdman.html

That's interesting but still beside the main point , my argument is that there is no point in a direct comparison as they are not direct competitors , wether the PS2 or Wii is similar or very different in graphical capability isn't a concern , a large % of The consumer doesn't understand peak theoretical capabilities , only what's before them and that's something slightly better than the PS2 ( at least in this moment in time)  I'd go as far as to saying that Wii owners don't really care about gfx, at least not to the extent that PS3/360 owners do , only PSWii Wii60 owners are likely to care but they represent only part of the Wii userbase.

HappySqurriel said:
Million said:
totalwar23 said:
Million said:
sc94597 said:
Million said:
HappySqurriel said:

Clearly incorrect?

The Gamecube was certainly more powerful than the PS2, and by some estimates was (at least) twice as powerful; the Wii is certainly more powerful than the Gamecube, and by some estimates is 2 to 4 times as powerful. This puts the Wii as being (at least) 3 to 4 times as powerful as the PS2 ... The XBox 360 and PS3 are (roughly) about 4 times as powerful as the Wii.

You're just as guilty as all the fanboys you complain about ...

• I am not talking about theoretical power
  • the consumer does not care about theoretical power
  • theoretical power does not sell consoles
  • My  dad didn't buy  his ford because of it's theoretical power , he bought it because of what he saw it do  in  real life.
The Wii can be 8 million times more powerfull than the PS2 in theory , that doesn't make a slight different to my main point.