By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Telltale games says the Windows Store offers wider reach than Steam, will port full catalogue there.

Vasto said:

STEAM is 3rd party software that must be installed.

Windows Store is 1st party software that is already installed.

Windows Store has to come preinstalled because otherwise no one would download it. 

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:

Anywho I'm not sure why people have a problem with this. Some people be, or might become, intrigued by the game that don't have Steam. After all, Steam is a 3rd party client that requires an active effort (not a lot, but you have to specifically want to download Steam to get Steam pretty much) to get, while Windows Store is automatically on your computer. Thus putting their games on the Windows Store will allow them to sell to a different audience than those who have Steam. Pretty simple really.

I don't have a problem with this, especially if the Windows Store version is cross-buy with the Xbox version. But I think that the porting process ain't that easy and that their expectations based on the number of W10-installations (which include many business PCs) are a bit high.

CosmicSex said:
Vasto said:

STEAM is 3rd party software that must be installed.

Windows Store is 1st party software that is already installed.

Windows Store has to come preinstalled because otherwise no one would download it. 

Dont like it, dont use it. 

telltale was basically the first and only developer to support amazon fireTV.

Anyone of you bought many games in the Windows Store yet?

I bought 4 games there for my Windows tablet: Machinarium (€1), Modern Combat 5 (€1), Halo: Spartan Assault (€2) and Halo: Spartan Strike (€3), so I "invested" 7 Euros there yet. Who can beat that? ;)

Around the Network

I guess it makes sense for people who make games that can run on pretty much anything, no matter the restrictions

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

This is a plus to the casual gamer but a minus to the rest. Can't even stream KI without a second monitor

Any pc gamer will likely recommend steam to anyone interested in playing games on pc over using windows store. Why? Mods. Windows store will ultimately have the same reach or less as steam does to anyone wanting to buy a game, not more than.

More ways for the developer to sell their games ultimately is great for games development and reaching a wider audience.

PC I i7 3770K @4.5Ghz I 16GB 2400Mhz I GTX 980Ti FTW

Consoles I PS4 Pro I Xbox One S 2TB I Wii U I Xbox 360 S

Yeah, cashiers would play Walking Dead on crappy PC running Windows 10 in front of me.

I love you Microsoftcore.