By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Telltale games says the Windows Store offers wider reach than Steam, will port full catalogue there.

SWORDF1SH said:
But all of Steam's active users are on Steam specifically to play game. How many can be said for Windows?

But guess how many non steam users know that they need to have a client to play games. When the adoption of Windows 10 increases they will be able to reach millions who will just stumble upon the games via Windows. There are a lot of people who want to play but don't know about or are intimidated by steam.

There is certainly no downside to also release your games on Window's store.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Either Telltale didn't think that statement through, or they're being deliberately misleading.

That's like saying a department store is a better place to sell furniture than a furniture store because more people go into the department store. They're ignoring the fact that most of those people are there to buy cheap jeans and bananas.

I guess their logic is that if they put their games in said department store then the weekly shopping mom might see the icon for it and having heard of the show try out episode 1 of one of the games, since most platforms offer the first ep for free... that said, I can't imagine the average casual gamer is going to enjoy the QTE filled romps that Telltale games often are.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

STEAM is 3rd party software that must be installed.

Windows Store is 1st party software that is already installed.

Barkley said:
Ok...... that's great.... I guess.....

This isn't really noteworthy in the slightest....

I agree, only negative MS news needs to be posted here. The rest ignored! It's the VGC way...

But the Windows Store games support is soooooooo bad!

Around the Network

Most in this thread seem to hate Microsoft so much that they didn't even try to understand what they tried to say with their statement^^

They never said that they will sell more on the Windows store as on Steam, just that Steam "only" reaches those who use Steam and that they now have a potential to let many more people know about their games when it's in the Windows store. If these people will buy the games is obviously a totally different story.

Man, the first sentence already explains everything and who they try to reach additional now.

They aren't total idiots at Telltale, they obviously know what you guys know as well about Steam and the Windows Store. 

That's awesome!!! I really hate Steam!!!

Sorry Telltale, you've convinced nobody.

Some here just doesn't seem to like MS for no apparent reason.

Proud to be a Californian.

i want the wolf among us season 2 damm u Telltale
anyway good news for Windows store we need more competition for steam