By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Telltale games says the Windows Store offers wider reach than Steam, will port full catalogue there.

Libara said:
Barkley said:
Ok...... that's great.... I guess.....

This isn't really noteworthy in the slightest....

I agree, only negative MS news needs to be posted here. The rest ignored! It's the VGC way...

Has nothing to do with that, it's just isn't a very interesting piece of news.

Games that have been out on PC for a long time that are already on Steam, a platform that almost every PC gamer uses, coming to the Windows Store that almost no gamers use isn't exaclty Noteworthy.

This piece of news just isn't relevant to 95%+ of PC Gamers.

Really... who cares? This doesn't benefit anyone, apart from the very strange people that prefer the Windows Store over Steam or the Microsoft Fans that want to give them money.

As consumers this is of no benefit to us.

Around the Network

Even the mediocre eshop is better than winstore and that's saying something

crissindahouse said:

Most in this thread seem to hate Microsoft so much that they didn't even try to understand what they tried to say with their statement^^

They never said that they will sell more on the Windows store as on Steam, just that Steam "only" reaches those who use Steam and that they now have a potential to let many more people know about their games when it's in the Windows store. If these people will buy the games is obviously a totally different story.

Man, the first sentence already explains everything and who they try to reach additional now.

They aren't total idiots at Telltale, they obviously know what you guys know as well about Steam and the Windows Store. 

Yep, the only conclusion is that people must hate MicroSoft /s.

Quit playing the hate card.

A bit of context would of been nice which some people are trying to apply.

Barkley said:
Libara said:

I agree, only negative MS news needs to be posted here. The rest ignored! It's the VGC way...

Has nothing to do with that, it's just isn't a very interesting piece of news.

Games that have been out on PC for a long time that are already on Steam, a platform that almost every PC gamer uses, coming to the Windows Store that almost no gamers use isn't exaclty Noteworthy.

This piece of news just isn't relevant to 95%+ of PC Gamers.

Really... who cares? This doesn't benefit anyone, apart from the very strange people that prefer the Windows Store over Steam or the Microsoft Fans that want to give them money.

As consumers this is of no benefit to us.

I disagree, MS is making the store unified for every hardware basically how more games does this how more games I can buy in the Win store and play it on pc/xbox one. The news is not that interesting but if they do it for that reason ms strategy is working.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
Either Telltale didn't think that statement through, or they're being deliberately misleading.

That's like saying a department store is a better place to sell furniture than a furniture store because more people go into the department store. They're ignoring the fact that most of those people are there to buy cheap jeans and bananas.

No. You and all other just dont get the statement.

Its totally fine and correct.

SWORDF1SH said:
crissindahouse said:

Most in this thread seem to hate Microsoft so much that they didn't even try to understand what they tried to say with their statement^^

They never said that they will sell more on the Windows store as on Steam, just that Steam "only" reaches those who use Steam and that they now have a potential to let many more people know about their games when it's in the Windows store. If these people will buy the games is obviously a totally different story.

Man, the first sentence already explains everything and who they try to reach additional now.

They aren't total idiots at Telltale, they obviously know what you guys know as well about Steam and the Windows Store. 

The problem is that with this Statement it seems that Telltale is telling that Windows Store is better than Steam to sell PC Games while 100% of Steam Users play games not  even half of Windows 10 users use it to play games, and if they use they will chose to Install Steam instead because the Library is much bigger and their Exclusives are top quality, Portal, Half-life, Dota, Left 4 Dead.

They can port some games for consoles but  Steam don't have any reason to port those games for the Windows Store, and Microsoft's biggest appeal on the PC Market that is Minecraft, already is on Steam, people will use Windows Store to purchase Xbox One's games and will use Steam to purchase the majority of the other games.

Is like saying that Potential sales are better than Concrete sales.

SWORDF1SH said:
crissindahouse said:

If its not the hate ms card, its either the being a steam fanboy card or the being to stupid to understand an easy statement card.

Doesnt look good in any case

They're looking for casual gamers and people who might try it out on a whim. Its a smart move.

The windows store needs games badly.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....