By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Overwatch Review Thread- PC- 91 meta with 43 reviews, PS4- 90 meta with 21 reviews, XB1- 92 meta with 10 reviews

I'd just like to point out that the game being sold on PC is sold directly on Blizzards store which also happens to be a part of their Battle.net network, this means they are getting the full price profit from the PC gamer, with consoles there is the channels to go through where you have to pay a fee, of course asking to slap your game on a Sony, MS and Nintendo system isn't entirely free of charge and all expenses covered for you, just the same way it is with Steam. This is just another reason why it costs more on consoles, especially when you have to factor in second hand sales which Blizz will never get at all, with PC they will be getting every penny from their own store that involves no extra costs or hoops to jump through.

Also for the most part, games on PC tend to be a lot cheaper than console counterparts, especially when factoring in Steam, GoG, GMG, G2A and generally being that bit cheaper before a discount lands.

This is a multiplayer only game with a focus on competitive PVP and PVE with bots, basically like a version of TF", that game also didn't need a singleplayer campaign to make it appeal and appear great to the many fans that have enjoyed that game through the years, we've had comics, trailers and SFM movies that fill in the lore, the same way Overwatch is going about it and it's working just as well. Singleplayer only fans just need to understand that not every game needs to have an SP mode crammed into it, just look at Planetside and Planetside 2 as well as TF2 and other games. DOOM has a great singleplayer but a really crappy MP imo along with a severely limited snap map system, out of the 3 aspects of that game only 1 has been worth my money, meanwhile Overwatch has been well worth the money for me due to it filling in exactly what I've been waiting years for,

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

What's tracer ass

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Ruler said:
pokoko said:

I disagree with you.  I don't see why single player only games should get a lower score because they don't have multi-player.

Dark Souls 3 has a multiplayer and a very good one even

Mbolibombo said:

#1 It's not 70 euro if you actually look around. Dont buy your games on PSN, it's hilariously overpriced. You can buy the Origins edition for 40£ shipped. 
#2 Who even plays singleplayer on FPS games? I mean, seriously? It's a multiplayer game. Deal with it (inserts dog with glasses)
#3 You not being able to play without PS+ that joke is on playstation. Not Overwatch
#4 Overwatch is more fun than Dark Souls 3 (Y) 

1. no its mandatory to pay 70€ on day 1 in europe. Amazon and everyone else charges that much at day1 preorder, it drops to 60 a month later usualy but just to get it clear its an unfair pricing for a multiplayer only game.

2. Ehh a lot of people do or did, Doom 2016 for example has a very good singleplayer and has a multiplayer. Overwatch lacks in content, even worse that Street Fighter 5.

3. And on Xbox Live too. So why is Blizzard charging more for their multiplayer only game on systems you have to pay for online? just another reason why this game shouldnt supported as a console owner.

4. nope

No, you really could buy it for that price. I know because I almost bought it on PS4 instead of PC, but realized I really wanted the best possible experience on an FPS which is on PC. So no, there is no such things as a mandatory 70 euro day 1 price. Again, it's not Blizzards problem Sony and Microsoft charges for their online services. And what game is funnier is a subjective matter you like DS3 more, I like OW more. Reviewers, allthough I dont really care much about metacritic, seem to think so to right now.

I am the only one that finds this game 100% unappealing? Guess I'm too old for this shit.

Game of the year 2017 so far:

5. Resident Evil VII
4. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
3. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
2. Horizon Zero Dawn
1. Super Mario Odyssey

I'm calling double standards. The game didn't even release with a story.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

From the beta, I think that's probably about the right place. There really wasn't an awful lot I could think of to improve it because it was just, well, fun. Too few games are nowadays. Glad to see it review well!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

pokoko said:
Ruler said:

Dark Souls 3 has a multiplayer and a very good one even

I said nothing about Dark Souls 3.  I'm talking about your believe that a game has to have both or get a low score.

it should deserve a low score because there are plenty of great singleplayer games in the past who offered you also a good multiplayer. Or look at team fortress that originally launched at 20 bucks on PC if i am not mistaken.

shikamaru317 said:
Ruler said:

That doesnt stop them from releasing an expansion pack like they did so many times

Maps and characters are free. So the only expansion they could make would be a singleplayer one, which I think most people would be ok with paying for since most people want singleplayer for Overwatch.

it should also be for free

green_sky said:
Ruler said:

Diablo 3 quite flopped on metacritic. And their games have many BS attached to them you will realize so more you play them, i am speaking as a long time gamer of blizzard products

True. Diablo 3 flopped hard with an embarasing low score of 88. 

Hey man. Wondering what are some of the western developed games you liked in past few years. 

and a user score 4 

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii

I liked Driveclub and Alien Isolations 

Azuren said:
I'm calling double standards. The game didn't even release with a story.

There's quite a bit of story actually.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Chazore said:
Kerotan said:

What's tracer ass

Is this an Overwatch reference?  I haven't played the beta or even watched anything on it so I wouldn't understand 

Kerotan said:
Chazore said:

Is this an Overwatch reference?  I haven't played the beta or even watched anything on it so I wouldn't understand 

You're...in...an...Overwatch...metacritic...thread...

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.