By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Overwatch Review Thread- PC- 91 meta with 43 reviews, PS4- 90 meta with 21 reviews, XB1- 92 meta with 10 reviews

I am going to propose absolute blasphemy, but...
Has Blizzard become the best developer?
Their ability to take other ideas and make it million times more appealing is genuinely shocking.

Around the Network
patronmacabre said:
I am going to propose absolute blasphemy, but...
Has Blizzard become the best developer?
Their ability to take other ideas and make it million times more appealing is genuinely shocking.

LoL and Dota fans would have you hung for that one

DivinePaladin said:
I'm assuming that this is one of those times where a game gets scored well without the media taking price into account. I enjoyed the beta but I don't see a $60 experience here, with all due respect to the game.

Well, good thing it's not 60 dollars! And even if it was, most games are 60 dollars. Why wouldn't this one be allowed to cost $60?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Aerys said:
The Division syndrom, the meta will go down to 80-85, if reviews are logical.

Nah. It'll stay above or at 90. I'd bet on it.

Edit: I stay it'll stay above/at 88. You say it'll go below. Loser has to change their profile picture to a Roadhog cosplay picture for a month.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

shikamaru317 said:
pokoko said:
As far as the price goes, this is a Blizzard game. It's going to be supported and it's going to get content added. Blizzard isn't a company that throws something out there and then replaces it a year later.

^This.

For those worried about the amount of content, don't. Blizzard is known for long term support. WoW, Diablo 3, Star Craft 2, Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone, all still supported after a few years or more. All Overwatch DLC is free, there will be plenty of content after a year or so. So don't worry about the amount of content, buy it now and enjoy the content that is available, then if you get bored take a break for awhile and wait for more content. 

I second this. I've been playing Blizzard games since I was a PC gamer and I stop playing PC games full time when last gen started.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I second this. I've been playing Blizzard games since I was a PC gamer and I stop playing PC games full time when last gen started.

Here I was playing Diablo (the original) again last month, lol.
But I do think the console version isn't priced right, not to me at least, even as a Blizzard game holds itself for a long time.

PC, bro. Its holds up beautifully. People are still playing Elder Scrolls Morrowind.

ohmylanta1003 said:
DivinePaladin said:
I'm assuming that this is one of those times where a game gets scored well without the media taking price into account. I enjoyed the beta but I don't see a $60 experience here, with all due respect to the game.

Well, good thing it's not 60 dollars! And even if it was, most games are 60 dollars. Why wouldn't this one be allowed to cost $60?

It's almost like you didn't read the rest of the thread before you quoted me lol. Somebody else pointed out that on PC it's $40, and at $40 I can see low 90s reasonably. But as it stands it's relying 100% on a positive feedback loop with a dozen playable characters to succeed, in the same vein that TF2 has done for years for free. 

That's not a knock on Overwatch or anything, but it's questionable to give it variable prices of at least $40 for the time being, and the scores should probably reflect the current content the game has in respect to the price, rather than seemingly give it brownie points for the time being on good faith. 

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

DivinePaladin said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

It's almost like you didn't read the rest of the thread before you quoted me lol. Somebody else pointed out that on PC it's $40, and at $40 I can see low 90s reasonably. But as it stands it's relying 100% on a positive feedback loop with a dozen playable characters to succeed, in the same vein that TF2 has done for years for free. 

That's not a knock on Overwatch or anything, but it's questionable to give it variable prices of at least $40 for the time being, and the scores should probably reflect the current content the game has in respect to the price, rather than seemingly give it brownie points for the time being on good faith. 

Didn't know I had to read the entire thread before I could click quote lol. Learn something new everyday! And the price point was fair.

ohmylanta1003 said:
Aerys said:
The Division syndrom, the meta will go down to 80-85, if reviews are logical.

Nah. It'll stay above or at 90. I'd bet on it.

Edit: I stay it'll stay above/at 88. You say it'll go below. Loser has to change their profile picture to a Roadhog cosplay picture for a month.

Haha quick change

Okay, but...You dont know but you already lost

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Totally undeserving, this game is 70€, no singleplayer content, MP only meaning i cant even play the game without PS+ what a joke. This game scoring more than Dark Souls 3 is an insult to be honest, but then again this is metacritic so i dont except anything else.

pokoko said:
As far as the price goes, this is a Blizzard game. It's going to be supported and it's going to get content added. Blizzard isn't a company that throws something out there and then replaces it a year later.

Yeah but with expansion packs you have to buy, they will fraction the community as well.