By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Overwatch Review Thread- PC- 91 meta with 43 reviews, PS4- 90 meta with 21 reviews, XB1- 92 meta with 10 reviews

BraLoD said:
There are already some 80s, won't gonna stay that high.
Also, when it had 5 review, it was at 98 with 4x 100 and 1x 80, that averages at 96 actually, so the Metacritic weighting was giving it 2 whole points, I didn't knew the weights were that high.

I think Gameinformer and a few others like IGN get massive weights, not sure though.

Around the Network
patronmacabre said:
I am going to propose absolute blasphemy, but...
Has Blizzard become the best developer?
Their ability to take other ideas and make it million times more appealing is genuinely shocking.

Diablo 3 quite flopped on metacritic. And their games have many BS attached to them you will realize so more you play them, i am speaking as a long time gamer of blizzard products

Aerys said:
ohmylanta1003 said:

Nah. It'll stay above or at 90. I'd bet on it.

Edit: I stay it'll stay above/at 88. You say it'll go below. Loser has to change their profile picture to a Roadhog cosplay picture for a month.

Haha quick change

Okay, but...You dont know but you already lost

Well, I thought I would meet in the middle. You said 85, I said 90, so 88 seemed reasonable. And I don't get what you're saying. How have I already lost?

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

shikamaru317 said:
Ruler said:

Yeah but with expansion packs you have to buy, they will fraction the community as well.

Not true. Blizzard already announced that the DLC will be free specifically because they don't want to fragment the community.

That doesnt stop them from releasing an expansion pack like they did so many times

Ruler said:
shikamaru317 said:

Not true. Blizzard already announced that the DLC will be free specifically because they don't want to fragment the community.

That doesnt stop them from releasing an expansion pack like they did so many times

Expansion packs generally include maps and characters, do they not? So...I don't think there will be any expansion packs.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network
Ruler said:

Totally undeserving, this game is 70€, no singleplayer content, MP only meaning i cant even play the game without PS+ what a joke. This game scoring more than Dark Souls 3 is an insult to be honest, but then again this is metacritic so i dont except anything else.

pokoko said:
As far as the price goes, this is a Blizzard game. It's going to be supported and it's going to get content added. Blizzard isn't a company that throws something out there and then replaces it a year later.

Yeah but with expansion packs you have to buy, they will fraction the community as well.

I disagree with you.  I don't see why single player only games should get a lower score because they don't have multi-player.

Ruler said:

Totally undeserving, this game is 70€, no singleplayer content, MP only meaning i cant even play the game without PS+ what a joke. This game scoring more than Dark Souls 3 is an insult to be honest, but then again this is metacritic so i dont except anything else.

pokoko said:
As far as the price goes, this is a Blizzard game. It's going to be supported and it's going to get content added. Blizzard isn't a company that throws something out there and then replaces it a year later.

#1 It's not 70 euro if you actually look around. Dont buy your games on PSN, it's hilariously overpriced. You can buy the Origins edition for 40£ shipped. 
#2 Who even plays singleplayer on FPS games? I mean, seriously? It's a multiplayer game. Deal with it (inserts dog with glasses)
#3 You not being able to play without PS+ that joke is on playstation. Not Overwatch
#4 Overwatch is more fun than Dark Souls 3 (Y) 

pokoko said:
Ruler said:

I disagree with you.  I don't see why single player only games should get a lower score because they don't have multi-player.

Dark Souls 3 has a multiplayer and a very good one even

Mbolibombo said:
Ruler said:

#1 It's not 70 euro if you actually look around. Dont buy your games on PSN, it's hilariously overpriced. You can buy the Origins edition for 40£ shipped. 
#2 Who even plays singleplayer on FPS games? I mean, seriously? It's a multiplayer game. Deal with it (inserts dog with glasses)
#3 You not being able to play without PS+ that joke is on playstation. Not Overwatch
#4 Overwatch is more fun than Dark Souls 3 (Y) 

1. no its mandatory to pay 70€ on day 1 in europe. Amazon and everyone else charges that much at day1 preorder, it drops to 60 a month later usualy but just to get it clear its an unfair pricing for a multiplayer only game.

2. Ehh a lot of people do or did, Doom 2016 for example has a very good singleplayer and has a multiplayer. Overwatch lacks in content, even worse that Street Fighter 5.

3. And on Xbox Live too. So why is Blizzard charging more for their multiplayer only game on systems you have to pay for online? just another reason why this game shouldnt supported as a console owner.

4. nope

11 reviews = 94
100x5
90x3
85x1
80x2
ave = 92.27

Ewwwwwwww Overwatch is not a Japanese game? It should not release on consoles and for sure not more than 20 € =p.