By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Official Microsoft E3 2016 Thread - Starting!

Conference Starting

Hype 22 100.00%

Total:22

The exclusive this year are
Forza
Dead Rising
Gears
Recore.
And a shit ton of 3rd party and indies. Next year is gonna be great. The also have the XB1 S this year.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
now all of the sudden these developers love more powerful consoles?

Of course devs love more powerful hardware. It might have some negative sides to it (like having to support several hardware specs instead of just one), but it's easier to work with more powerful hardware.

The console is cool, but they didn't announce a single new IP.

Not bad. Some games look better than others, but the biggest thing for me was the Play Anywhere push. Kinda funny how I simultaneously have more and less reason than ever to get an XBO.

B

Really really good conference. Hardly any slow bits and well put together.

Around the Network

6.5/10. I didn't really read any of the leaks and I still wasn't surprised by any of the announcements. Scorpio sounds good though but it might hurt X1 sales.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I appreciate the promise that no Xbox One owner will be left behind, but I just don't get the interest in more pixels, more teraflops, more, more, more.

I guess being able to advertise a console as the most powerful ever is a good thing for Microsoft, but I'd rather Xbox division focus on making better games and not spend energy starting an arms race.

I think they're being a bit optimistic in painting a 6tf console as "a true 4k system" :p Still, 6tf is nothing to scoff at. It's a pretty huge jump over the X1.

On a side note, i'm really surprised they've announced its specific specs this early. It gives Sony a lot more room to make adjustments to the Neo that i'd assume was wise.

Zoombael said:
As expected. Nothing new and surprising. Microsoft standard.

Most of the things they showed were new and surprising. Its not like they were gonna change their whole show when most of their e3 leaked this week.

ktay95 said:
So dont buy the XBO or XBO S coz theres a new Xbox out Holiday 2017, sure no thing MS

If they all work together it's pretty good.

Hmmm, pretty good converence overall.

Pros for me:

Gears of War 4
Sea of Thieves

Cons for me:

No real surprises or new game announcements.

Good conference, well presented with a lot of gameplay that I'm looking forward to seeing more of, could be better though.

8.1/10

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android