By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Listed For £350 By Swiss Retailer

Hmm. Sony could let this rumor stay around for a bit to see how people react to it.

Around the Network

That price could very well be.

It's pretty safe to assume that prices for PSVR will start at some value between 299 and 399. Market research suggests that 299 would be the sweet spot, but personally I rather expected 399, so 349 would be positive news for me.
They don't mention it, but there will most probably be at least two PSVR packages, with the cheaper one including only the headset. 349 would most probably be that cheaper package, I expect the full package to be 100 more.

ArnoldRimmer said:
That price could very well be.

It's pretty safe to assume that prices for PSVR will start at some value between 299 and 399. Market research suggests that 299 would be the sweet spot, but personally I rather expected 399, so 349 would be positive news for me.
They don't mention it, but there will most probably be at least two PSVR packages, with the cheaper one including only the headset. 349 would most probably be that cheaper package, I expect the full package to be 100 more.

You could be right smeg head! 

I really hate the video games media. They jump on any little thing and blast it out as a news. They don't work at all, they just copy-paste and that's it. Do some research for fuck's sake!

This very same shop also listed the Oculus Rift before the official announcement for - wait for it - 498 CHF. So yeah, it's a place holder. End of story.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

OdinHades said:
I really hate the video games media. They jump on any little thing and blast it out as a news. They don't work at all, they just copy-paste and that's it. Do some research for fuck's sake!

This very same shop also listed the Oculus Rift before the official announcement for - wait for it - 498 CHF. So yeah, it's a place holder. End of story.

And that right there kills the rumour stone dead! 

Around the Network
Zackasaurus-rex said:

This is a great post.

The PS5 Exists. 

399 dollar seems really likely.

zero129 said:
Lafiel said:
zero129 said:
Better price then the Rift but still too expensive to hit the mainstream anytime soon. I cant really see them launching at that price. For me the perfect price would be €250-299

I think $/€400 is a realistic price

as the various sensors need to work quicker, the tech inside is not smartphone standard stuff and the screen is specifically designed aswell - there is no other 120Hz RGB OLED screen with that size and Sony said they even arranged pixels to have a slightly higher density in the middle of the fov to reduce pixel-visibility/increase perceived resolution

the whole mounting system doesn't exactly look "cheap" either

Once it gets too far past 200 it starts to lose its impulse buy. Thats why i think 400 euro would be way to expensive for this, the same way i think the rift is just stupidly expensive. Imo 300 would be the golden price range for many people including myself. I really do see this failing harder then the rift if it cant be used on PC, since the is not that many console gamers that will spend 400 on an add on no matter what it does, however PC users are knowing to buy expensive stuff and if this works on PC its cheaper then the rift so id imagine it would do much better in that market..

this 1st gen of VR is very likely not geared towards instant mass market appeal, but rather towards establishing an enthusiastic but viable enough niche and then slowly get the production costs down to penetrate some of the mass market

the big push imo won't happen until 2nd or 3rd VR gen with several integral improvements like eye tracking, foveated rendering, wireless, increased resolution and field of view

ofcourse Sony could prove me wrong with a $/€300 price tag, but after seeing how much the Rift costs I doubt even Sony can achieve that (without losing lots of money per unit)

zero129 said:
Zoombael said:

considering that rift sales exceeding expectations at a price 599$/740€ - confirmed increase in production - and the strong resonance, ps vr is everything but dead in the water. only aspect that could hinder ps vr to have a good start is lack of games.

The is a big difference here that people seem to be missing. PC users buy expensive shit and the biggest part of console users dont.

PC users will buy expensive gpus, ram, gaming keyboards+Mice and lots of other expensive add ons, Time and time again console users have shown that they wont.

If the PSVR can be used on PC i see it selling really well, however if it cant i just dont see it selling that well at 400 euro until it gets a price cut. Console users do not like expensive add ons and i cant see many PS4 user (Im not on about the hardcore group on gaming forums) spending 400 on this.

But according to PC users, console users buy expensive online multiplayer and games ;p

You fail to see that VR actors don't target the mainstream audience at first.

Why do people think Sony expect to sell millions? If they sell 500k year 1 at $400 then that's fantastic. If they see 1m units, there will still be people calling it a flop to suit their agenda.
All new tech will be expensive, it's been like that forever. VCR players, TVs, radios, cars, look at anything and it was expensive at one point. It's actually a testament to Sony if they can get this thing out under $500.