By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Listed For £350 By Swiss Retailer

BraLoD said:
$400 then?
What comes with that PSVR the thing and a controller or a move controller?

I doubt they'll pack in Move controllers, the standard controller for PSVR will be the DS4 and every PS4 owner has one. I think the standard bundle will be headset + breakout-box + playstation camera and then they hopefully will offer another sku without the cam (could be offered online only or sth if they project low demand/fear this sku could confuse consumers)

I expect Move controllers to be bundled with VR games that need the Moves

Around the Network
Luke888 said:
Normchacho said:
Considering the Rift costs 499 pounds in the UK while it costs $599 in the U.S. if the 347 pound price it true that converts to about $420 in the U.S.

Probably still wrong, but much more realistic.

It's £399 in the UK, 

ave a US$ price :v

What is? The Rift is 499 and the PSVR rumor is 349.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/635822/Playstation-VR-Oculus-Rift-Price-Leaked-Release-Date-Sony-Statement

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

BraLoD said:
$400 then?

If it is $400, I'd say no controller with it.

SWORDF1SH said:
eva01beserk said:

Your are right, all thouse first where expensive, but for a reason, they where needed. They where all a stand alone product like a celllphone and stuff ike that. This is not a stand alone product, this requires a $350 machine for it to work and to boot, its only a peripheral that adds very little to the alreaady functionallity of the device, this is worse for the rift, that while costing more also requires a much more expensive machine to work of.

This wont be for hardcore gamers like some say, cuz hardcore gamers will play a game no matter what and paying so much more, just for a diferent point of view will not influence manny. This is in my opinion, to atract a diferent demographic. The ones that get impreses with new tech, no matter how useles it is. like the apple fans.  Peple who buy the "it" device just because. Then hook them into gaming. Use them to lay the foundation while developing the real killer apps and reduce the price to atttract the hardcore and casuals.

VCR player is a standalone device? From my extremely short list from thousands of possible devices, 1 isn't a standalone device. And how were any of them needed? Maybe some are now a staple of everyday life, but were they when they released.

From your own list you pick the one thing thats not an add on and you based your argument around it? Comon. All thouse things you listed were revolutionary devices that changed how everithing worked or how we worked. VR at most enhances something we already have.

You have to stop thinking this is an attack at sony, I would love to have a psvr for my ps4, but at this price is not consumer frindly and its all Im pointing out and if it dosent take off at the start, third partys wont be inclined to deveope for it witch will make slower to actually get good content for it. Like all the garbage we have seen so far for any vr game, it has basicly been a look around expirience. Or a game we already can play without it.

This goes back to even before the kinect. The very wii. It caught up to be a mass market appeal product because of its price. Games berely sold on it and they were mainly casual crap that most of us on this site would not play. But after it rosed oeer everithing else, devs started making exclusives for it and good content started to appear, still a lot of shovelware, but good content was still abundant.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:

From your own list you pick the one thing thats not an add on and you based your argument around it? Comon. All thouse things you listed were revolutionary devices that changed how everithing worked or how we worked. VR at most enhances something we already have.

So many people don't know what VR is.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
Why do people think Sony expect to sell millions? If they sell 500k year 1 at $400 then that's fantastic. If they see 1m units, there will still be people calling it a flop to suit their agenda.
All new tech will be expensive, it's been like that forever. VCR players, TVs, radios, cars, look at anything and it was expensive at one point. It's actually a testament to Sony if they can get this thing out under $500.

Sony clears stated (by way of Shu) that they don't expect to sell 1 million units day one.   Thats all they have said.  

zero129 said:
eva01beserk said:
SWORDF1SH said:
Why do people think Sony expect to sell millions? If they sell 500k year 1 at $400 then that's fantastic. If they see 1m units, there will still be people calling it a flop to suit their agenda.
All new tech will be expensive, it's been like that forever. VCR players, TVs, radios, cars, look at anything and it was expensive at one point. It's actually a testament to Sony if they can get this thing out under $500.

Your are right, all thouse first where expensive, but for a reason, they where needed. They where all a stand alone product like a celllphone and stuff ike that. This is not a stand alone product, this requires a $350 machine for it to work and to boot, its only a peripheral that adds very little to the alreaady functionallity of the device, this is worse for the rift, that while costing more also requires a much more expensive machine to work of.

This wont be for hardcore gamers like some say, cuz hardcore gamers will play a game no matter what and paying so much more, just for a diferent point of view will not influence manny. This is in my opinion, to atract a diferent demographic. The ones that get impreses with new tech, no matter how useles it is. like the apple fans.  Peple who buy the "it" device just because. Then hook them into gaming. Use them to lay the foundation while developing the real killer apps and reduce the price to atttract the hardcore and casuals.

I agree with everything you say. Other users things we are just posting this to put a downspin on this price just cos its Sony when thats not the case id be saying the same thing about any add on thats launching at such a price. its even more funny when people compare PSVR to TV's or cell phones. Like you say they where needed devices that someone pretty much has to have. PSVR or any VR unit is not a needed device its a device to add an experience to an already experiance you can get. If you dont have a TV you cant watch anything unless you go to a friends house lol. If you dont have a phone you cant ring or text people well on the go. If you dont have a VR unit you can still play games without it.. This is nothing got to do with Sony and other users shouldnt try to shoot down our points by making it look like it is. We are not the ones looking at this the wrong way, People that are comparing VR devices to TV's and Phones are looking at it the wrong way and getting got up in marketing hype imo.

Im not even going dowwn on sony but all vr, I mean just the price. VR might end up being something great, but most will not pay so much for it so there will be few and developers will not be inclined to prioratize it, so it will take untill there are many headsets in the wild for good content to appear.

Like something that really pissed me off from ubisoft, when they claimed they had an amazing gaming ready for the wiii u but where waiting for a decent installbase to release it. It was a garbage game anyways, but this is the basic mindset of all companys, they wont really try until they have a garanteed proffit. and I dont want that to take to long.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

GribbleGrunger said:
zero129 said:

Why do you keep trying to shoot down our points by saying its "Spin" or "Only saying it cos its Sony"??. What your doing is the definition of spin.

Id love for you guys to please explain to me how PSVR is the same thing as TV's and VCR players and phones since ye are the ones who started with the comparasons.

This isn't something to enhance your PS4 experience, this is something that requires the PS4 to run. It's not a peripheral as Sony have said many times. Let's say you hooked up a car battery to give you light. Would that make light a car peripheral? You're not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with Sony, the people who are making and selling this.

I get what your are saying. But so far that has yet to be demostrated. All the vr games we have seen have been nothing that shows that. Like I said before, thay have been look around games or games already suported without vr. And again, like I said before, untill there is a decent installbase, there wont be decent games releasing exclusively for vr use. So the price has to start low for that installbase to rise quickly, or all we will se is more vr shovelware. 

Lafiel said:
BraLoD said:
$400 then?

I doubt they'll pack in Move controllers, the standard controller for PSVR will be the DS4 and every PS4 owner has one. I think the standard bundle will be headset + breakout-box + playstation camera and then they hopefully will offer another sku without the cam (could be offered online only or sth if they project low demand/fear this sku could confuse consumers)

I expect Move controllers to be bundled with VR games that need the Moves

Too many people have the camera already, they cant force people to rebuy it, it will not go well. The standart has to be just the headset.

eva01beserk said:
SWORDF1SH said:

VCR player is a standalone device? From my extremely short list from thousands of possible devices, 1 isn't a standalone device. And how were any of them needed? Maybe some are now a staple of everyday life, but were they when they released.

You have to stop thinking this is an attack at sony, I would love to have a psvr for my ps4, but at this price is not consumer frindly and its all Im pointing out and if it dosent take off at the start, third partys wont be inclined to deveope for it witch will make slower to actually get good content for it. Like all the garbage we have seen so far for any vr game, it has basicly been a look around expirience. Or a game we already can play without it.

This goes back to even before the kinect. The very wii. It caught up to be a mass market appeal product because of its price. Games berely sold on it and they were mainly casual crap that most of us on this site would not play. But after it rosed oeer everithing else, devs started making exclusives for it and good content started to appear, still a lot of shovelware, but good content was still abundant.

Mate I'm not going to bother. The ignorance levels are too high. Talk to zero and enjoy your convo.

Seeya.