By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Listed For £350 By Swiss Retailer

Puppyroach said:
GribbleGrunger said:

No... just as Blu-ray players are sold primarily to people with TVs but they're not considered a peripheral. MOVE adds to the PS4 experience, PSCamera adds to the PS4 experience but PSVR is a completely separate experience that requires a PS4 to run it. It's not a peripheral (as Sony have said) it's hardware in its own right (as Sony have said).

I think that´s more marketing talk from Sony, they wan´t to push it as a standalone hardware, because I´m guessing marketing it as a peripheral lessens it´s "value" in people´s eyes.

And yes, a BluRay player is a peripheral to TV´s, since a TV functions perfectly without it but a BluRay player is pretty useless without a monitor :).

And a VR HMD is more akin to a TV than to a bluray player...

Hunting Season is done...

Around the Network
Zoombael said:
Puppyroach said:

I think that´s more marketing talk from Sony, they wan´t to push it as a standalone hardware, because I´m guessing marketing it as a peripheral lessens it´s "value" in people´s eyes.

And yes, a BluRay player is a peripheral to TV´s, since a TV functions perfectly without it but a BluRay player is pretty useless without a monitor :).

And a VR HMD is more akin to a TV than to a bluray player...

So a user can use it without a TV completely? It can be used as a TV-monitor for the PS4? In that case it is more akin to a seperate hardware than a peripheral.