By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSVR Listed For £350 By Swiss Retailer

A Swiss online retailer has listed Sony's VR headset, PlayStation VR, for 498 Swiss francs (that's around €455 / £347). According to the retailer's listing, shipment of the VR headset is scheduled to commence on June 30, 2016. Sony has yet to comment on the matter.

It's a stark contrast to another recent retailer listing, when Amazon Canada suggested a price at $1,125 Canadian Dollars (that's around $800 USD), although that price point was denied by Sony immediately.

When it comes to VR, pricing is a sensitive issue, as demonstrated when Oculus recently announced the retail price for their headset. We asked then if the high cost of the tech might well stall the VR revolution before it even started.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

Considering the Rift costs 499 pounds in the UK while it costs $599 in the U.S. if the 347 pound price it true that converts to about $420 in the U.S.

Probably still wrong, but much more realistic.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

GribbleGrunger said:

June 30, 2016.

Placeholder date for H1 or Q2 2016. Price is  bound to be placeholder too.

was it listed with the camera and move controller?

I don't want to sound negative, but if its going to cost this much, its almost certainly dead in the water.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Around the Network

With this and considering Amazon tends to estimate double the actual price of a product without an official price tag , I'd say $400 is almost a given now.

People are looking at this in the wrong way. This isn't going to be releasing in the hope people buy a PS4/Camera/MOVE, it's releasing to people who already have the PS4/Camera (MOVE is optional). It may shift a few PS4s at some point but that's not the aim and the reason Sony are positioning it as a product in its own right. You wouldn't see a Blu-ray advert ending with 'TV not included' and it's the same here.

The PS5 Exists. 

So 399$ in the US?

Was hopeing it wouldnt be more than 349$ but oh well.. still cheaper than the Oculus Rift by a good margin.

zero129 said:
Better price then the Rift but still too expensive to hit the mainstream anytime soon. I cant really see them launching at that price. For me the perfect price would be €250-299

I think $/€400 is a realistic price

as the various sensors need to work quicker, the tech inside is not smartphone standard stuff and the screen is specifically designed aswell - there is no other 120Hz RGB OLED screen with that size and Sony said they even arranged pixels to have a slightly higher density in the middle of the fov to reduce pixel-visibility/increase perceived resolution

the whole mounting system doesn't exactly look "cheap" either

barneystinson69 said:

I don't want to sound negative, but if its going to cost this much, its almost certainly dead in the water.

considering that rift sales exceeding expectations at a price 599$/740€ - confirmed increase in production - and the strong resonance, ps vr is everything but dead in the water. only aspect that could hinder ps vr to have a good start is lack of games.

Hunting Season is done...