By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your Mario Kart 9 Hopes and Dreams

Tagged games:

Mario Kart 8 is almost perfect already. I would only want a well done Battle Mode and an option for a higher level IA difficulty. The rest is only natural improvements like better graphics (MK8's are already pretty impressive, the next one just needs to remove some aliasing).

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Around the Network

Think focus should be on e sports honestly.

Mario kart 8 had three glaring problems imo. The roster and the battle mode were the shittiest I have ever seen. Also, I know that Mariokart isn't viewed as really that competitive, but damn, it's a racing game, and in a fucking racing game, you should display the time it took players to finish a course. That's racing games 101. Nintendo being fucking amateurs over here. I can't remember if they fixed that in a patch though. Fix those other mistakes and keep the antigravity. Also, use the Mariokart DS item throwing mechanics as a template.(multiple item holding with one held behind).

Edit: Also, I agree with the story mode suggestions. The boss battles were a great aside in Mariokart DS.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Also, get rid of the rubber band AI.

we have antigravity now so we should expand upon that. add in loops and bring back half pipes.

add in some more nintendo characters like Pikachu and Kirby. also add back characters like Dry Bones, and Diddy Kong.

bring back fake item blocks, have banana peels drag behind you again, and introduce a new chain chomp item that will work similar to the Parana Plant we have now.

we need an awesome new rainbow road. the Wii one was great and the 3DS one was amazing. we need an over the top course that makes any other rainbow road look bad.

add in as many fun retro tracks as possible. in MK8 we got a total of 48 tracks including all DLC tracks. we should keep going bigger and get 56 or 64 this time around.

add a double dash mode just to appease the fans. also they need to return the classic style of Battle mode with arenas but have regular tracks as an available option. also have the return of coin battles, and mission mode.

Around the Network

- Bring back Battle Mode. I hated Mario Kart 8 and returned it after a couple of days because they ruined my favourite part of the game. Give us back the proper battle courses.

- Much better roster. Battle mode wasn't the only thing I disliked about MK8. They gave us all of the damned Koopalings, but couldn't give us any of the myriad of other characters that exist in the Mario and related series? Bring in the Kongs, Dixie, Funky, Lanky and Cranky! Bring in E. Gadd, King Boo and Dry Bones!

Could you guys imagine a Rocket league quality battle mode?
Made for E sports? but with Mario karts? wouldnt that be insanely fun?

Do it nintendo!

mario kart x nintendo, get rid of kooper kids and bring in fox kirby and the rest.

better battle mode,

bluetoad said:
mario kart x nintendo, get rid of kooper kids and bring in fox kirby and the rest.

better battle mode,

Wow, I wasn't aware that Kooper from Paper Mario had kids!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

We don't know MK9 will happen or not