- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

No stupid gimmicks, and actual battle mode for fuck's sake.

MK8 was fantastic. Except for no battle mode. ACTUAL battle mode.

I would like to see a Versus-Mode with 3 Teams ans This design-thing form MK DS and of course a good Battle Mode.

About the characters... Boo-hoo and Birdo would ne nice. They can throw of a few of those Koopalings.

I loved the Boo-hoo and the fake box item, they should return

village boy learns to jump.

I want it to be named Diddy Kong Racing

Arenas for the battle mode (simple ones, 3 dimensions makes the battle mode worse) and 8 player local multiplayer.

Around the Network
Salnax said:

Seeing how MK8 came out well over a year ago by now, I was starting to wonder about what's in store for Mario Kart 9. If the NX is a console or something resembling one, it is likely that MK9 will be another step up from previous installments, and will likely include some big steps forward in various areas. And since the only thing people enjoy more than Mario Kart is talking/complaining about it, I'm guessing we mostly will have our two cents.

Here are a few questions that you may want to answer.

1. What new mechanic would you like to see introduced to the series? In the past few years, these have included tricks, vehicle categories and customization, gliding and underwater segments, and antigravity.
  2. What new characters would you like to be able to race as? Are there any return appearences from older games you want? Anyone whio should be kicked off the roster?
  3. How about items? What kinds of items should be introduced, returned, or removed from the game?
  4. What new courses would you like to see? these could be based on Mario settings or a single mechanic. Is there anything these should focus on compared to the past couple of games?
  5. What about Retro tracks? By now, many of the older tracks in the series have already been remade. MK64 and MKDD in particular has seen 29 of their combined 32 courses remade by now. Should Nintendo's strategy with Retro courses change?
  6. What new modes what improve Mario Kart?

I will give my answers in a post below, but feel free to start answering these questions, or coming up with better ideas than I listed.

ok so

1: New mechanic: Tracks could have bosses on them. Kinda like the missions from MKDS. but much cooler and different in a way. Like you dont have to drive around in a arena.  More like you have to race them. Or defeat them while driving the course or something. IDK how it would exactly work but i want it

2: I want them to remove Metal mario,Pink gold peach. and some baby character. Baby Mario and luigi can stay, Maybe Peach too.

and i want them to add Diddy Kong,Bowser JR, the return of DRY BONES,Funky Kong, Dixie Kong, and CRANKY KONG lol. Also maybe inkling and so on. So bascially nintendo kart xD but mario characters i want Hammer bro, and birdo back

3: I thought the items in 8 were preatty cool overall. I just want super items back or like ultime special items different for each character. Like final Smash from smash bros. A regular item could be the reverse magnet. Wich bascially pushes all surrounding racers away from you, a preatty small radius. But they cant get closer. Like a reverse magnet

4: I want to see not just Mario courses. More like Nintendo courses from Metroid and so on.

But if we just gonna go with Mario. I want to see another Dinosaur themed track. A japanese style track. WIth sakura trees in a japanese garden. And a course where these is this drill dozer who makes the track while you race on it. So he like digs into the ground and everyone follows him. Ofc you cant go faster than him. but the first place should easily spot the guy making ways. and the cool thing is. He makes different paths each lap. and everytime you play it, its a bit of a different lap combination and so on.

5: Retro courses i want Dk mountain back,wario colloseum. Mushroom City, Bowser Castle DS and gamecube. Some tracks from 8 and 7 aswell as MKWii

6: new modes hmm. Like a get the most coins  in a track. Story mode,Capture the flag in Battle mode

There's more that should be removed rather than anything added. The driver roster should have less characters, but the ones that remain should be more kick-ass. Levitating and driving underwater should be removed as well. The MK64 jumping mechanics should be returned. Vehicle selection back from the DIY that was in MK8.

I did the boost meter idea, though.

Oh, and battle mode should return back to competing against each other on dedicated battle courses.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

RolStoppable said:
illdill1987 said:
I would like for items to be truly random and not have anything to do with what place you are in. So the game would be more about skill than luck. And I would like a proper battle mode. And improved graphics.

Right...

The player in first place getting a lightning item would be skillful play and not plain luck that decides the race. Seriously, the current limitations in the item occurence mean that the players in the lead cannot get powerful items and therefore the races are more about skill than they would be with complete randomness.

Better than being in first the entire race than getting hit with a blue shell within sight of the finish line then coming in like 6th lol. If you play the game and are any good thats happened to you several times and its just ridiculous.

Take the gorgeous graphics and music and number of courses from 8, and then make everything even better still, add in actual battle mode maps and more unique characters, and I'd be content.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

A ton of interest new game modes. Not just the same old gp, time trials and battle mode.

Add a campaign. Add the mini challenges like thay had in mk ds. Add some really quirky game modes as seen in some other games. Maybe a board game like in smash u... But better.