By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your Mario Kart 9 Hopes and Dreams

Tagged games:

bdbdbd said:
RolStoppable said:
illdill1987 said:

Better than being in first the entire race than getting hit with a blue shell within sight of the finish line then coming in like 6th lol. If you play the game and are any good thats happened to you several times and its just ridiculous.

If you are any good, you will never drop to sixth place in such a situation because you will have already built a good lead. You might not finish first, but it's far from devastating.

It sounds like you are one those guys who think that it's skill every time they win and bad luck every time they lose.

It is the hardcore gamer mentality: losing points online by getting your ass handed to your grandmother is because Nintendo ruined online, not because your granny is a better gamer.

Blue shells aren't bad in MK8 anyway, I'd say the red ones are much worse this time. 

Oh my God. Yes. Red shells are the fucking worst in this game.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Around the Network

Honestly, I would like it if it wasn't (almost) strictly about Mario characters.
I would prefer an expanded Nintendo roster.
Super Kart Bros., if you will.

Pavolink said:
I hope they return to the superior design of MK64. Wario's Stadium, Yoshi Valley, Banshee Boardwalk.
Antigravity was a useless feature.
Also, the difficulty in MKWii was very good. And it had a proper Battle Mode.

I'm really starting to like you. I've thought I'm pretty much alone in thinking MK64 having the best design. Although, overall I think MKW beats it as the best Mario Kart.

patronmacabre said:
Honestly, I would like it if it wasn't (almost) strictly about Mario characters.
I would prefer an expanded Nintendo roster.
Super Kart Bros., if you will.

In that case you might like the Mii's, Link and Animal Crossing characters that you find in MK8 (Link and AC as DLC though). I, on the other hand, find the expansion of everything to "Nintendo all-stars" being a cancer.

RolStoppable said:
illdill1987 said:

lol if you are in first for the entire race and then get hit with a magical blue shell which takes no skill to use then your loss has nothing to do with skill... And thats the whole point of the item. Its so little kids that suck have a chance against someone who is good. dont argue about this its a dumb item. Anyone who has played mario kart since super nintendo knows its a dumb item.

Of course your loss has to do with a lack of enough skill. If you lead the race, almost nothing can hit you while the bulk behind you slams each other with items. If you don't manage to build a good lead under such circumstances, then you aren't really skilled.

If the blue shell didn't exist, then the player who manages to take the lead after the first corner would almost always win the race because the people behind him screw each other over. The blue shell exists for this very reason, so it's not a dumb item.

Little kids who suck have no chance to beat you based on a single blue shell hit because your lap times should be 5+ seconds better than theirs. If you regularly lose to such people... well, you must really suck.

Super Mario Kart didn't have blue shells.

Mario Kart is a game, where having a lead over someone gives you a disadvantage. It is easy to see by how fast you can climb back up if, for whatever reason, you drop to the last place.

With the broken online score system of MK8, there should be atleast three or four times the number of blue shells to make it more interesting.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

My main hope is they go back to MK7's style of balance. The way they changed the item balance was certainly different I'll give em that much, but getting the stronger items the worse you're doing and being able to carry multiple items is just better, there was no need to try and fix that. Also the character/vehicle balance in 8 was just awful, lightweights could do little outside of 200cc, please to god fix that.

thepurplewalrus said:

Mario Kart 8 came out a year and a half ago. Slow down, man. XD

Well people have already been talking about Splatoon 2 so may aswell!

Would like to see a motorbike wheelie comeback, just better balanced. Some item that makes you fly would be cool, like the cape or acorn suit or something.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
illdill1987 said:

lol if you are in first for the entire race and then get hit with a magical blue shell which takes no skill to use then your loss has nothing to do with skill... And thats the whole point of the item. Its so little kids that suck have a chance against someone who is good. dont argue about this its a dumb item. Anyone who has played mario kart since super nintendo knows its a dumb item.

Of course your loss has to do with a lack of enough skill. If you lead the race, almost nothing can hit you while the bulk behind you slams each other with items. If you don't manage to build a good lead under such circumstances, then you aren't really skilled.

If the blue shell didn't exist, then the player who manages to take the lead after the first corner would almost always win the race because the people behind him screw each other over. The blue shell exists for this very reason, so it's not a dumb item.

Little kids who suck have no chance to beat you based on a single blue shell hit because your lap times should be 5+ seconds better than theirs. If you regularly lose to such people... well, you must really suck.

LOL i bet I beat you soundly without items. I forget how to add friends in that game its been a while but we can set this up.

This time, plan more DLC please, with theme centered around non-Mario games.

Metroid tracks, Kirby tracks...

I think it would be cool for there to be drift lines that if you hit perfectly unlock pathways. They would be visible once in drift mode and would be wide enough to not be impossible to trace.

I'd also like to see more unlockables like stamps hidden throughout levels that you can only get by taking certain shortcuts or defeating certain enemies.

A free roaming camera system would be cool, too, so I can appreciate the beauty of a track from overhead rather than having to take it all in while racing.

RolStoppable said:
illdill1987 said:

LOL i bet I beat you soundly without items. I forget how to add friends in that game its been a while but we can set this up.

I haven't played the game in a while, but sure. Send me a friend request on Miiverse (my NNID is RolStoppable), create a room for friends and pick the "no items" setting once I am there. Just you and me, no items. I think the number of races still can't be picked, so let's do four races twice.

We can start in around ten minutes at XX:25. No idea what your timezone is.

Who won?

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I want a good single player. Something along the lines of diddy Kong racing would be nice