By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo president: Nintendo NX is in steady development, no rush into market

Einsam_Delphin said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Yeah but at that point, we're looking at 32X type sales lol. I really don't think they're going to go past this year.

Me either but I can't completely deny the possibility. If they somehow don't have enough games ready then it would be worth it to wait another year.

Well, let's think of some majoy franchises that missed the Wii-U or haven't been seen in awhile that could be ready for launch. Metroid, Animal Crossing, we already pretty much assume we'll see a port of the new Zelda, so count that, Pikmin 4, F-Zero... if they launched with those games and got some big third party ports, I think that would be enough to carry the new system. 

One thing is for sure, they need at least two huge CORE Nintendo titles. After all, core gamers are the only ones buying consoles these days.

Around the Network

Seriously, why do some many believe it'll come out in 2016? It makes no sense.

Maybe Nintendo feel more encouraged lately with better Wii U sales in addition to fantastic Splatoon and Amiibo sales.

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

PxlStorm said:

Because Wii U is selling terrible and it will be worst selling Nintendo console ever, because we didn't had announcement of any new Wii U game that isnt small project, port or spin off very long time (I will just mentioned 2015 E3), because Nintendo just keep mention NX, because every info, report or rumour we have about NX points that will be released in 2016. and basically nothing points that will not be released in 2016..

PxlStorm said:

Because it feels like nintendo abbandoned the Wii U software wise.

A empty year or more software wise for the Wii U, will kill consumer trust in nitnendo.

Nintendo want people to actually want to buy their consoles right?

Stuff like this might have people going "yep Im not getting a NX, after the Wii U".

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
PxlStorm said:

A empty year or more software wise for the Wii U, will kill consumer trust in nitnendo.

Why? They did the same thing with the Wii, the GameCube, the N64....

As for the comment about it being their worst selling console, units sold is not the same as profits and Nintendo returned to profit a couple of years ago.

Also, all the "rumours" are basically unsubstantiated tosh. That's why they're rumours. The only factual reports we have are that a few devs (mostly Japanese) have kits and are working on NX stuff, which doesn't mean it'll be out in 2016. Pikmin 3 was in development quite a long time before Wii U came out, for example (originally as a Wii game).

Also, every bit of what Nintendo has done historically points towards a late 2017/early 2018 release for a new home console. Even their less successful home consoles have had at least a five year life cycle (including the GameCube). Plus the codenames Dolphin and Revolution were revealed about 2.5-3 years before the GameCube and Wii came out. Plus the 3DS has been out quite a bit longer than the Wii U, and sales are slowing down there as well.

I find it odd when people keep stating all these supposed facts that point towards 2016, when most of the "facts" they have boil down to rumours and "Wii U is selling badly". There are far more reasons - rooted in actual fact - that point towards a new home console coming later than that.

That doesn't confirm that the NX is coming out in 2017, people...

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I still think 'NX' is the codename for more than one device. A handheld and home console linked by a shared operating system and a much better account orientated network, which will also feed into PC and mobile. If that's the case, NX can launch in 2016 and 2017. Portable first, home console second, with some degree of interactivity between the two.

zorg1000 said:
No I think it's ensuring people that a 2016 release does not mean it's being rushed.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The writing is on the wall and both the wall and the font has grown quite large by now.

JRPGfan said:
Paatar said:
NX will release in 2017. Just watch.

RIP Wii U... 2016 games where? are nintendo just planning to have nothing for the Wii U all of 2016? if its not because they are launching a new console....

Then I dont know what to say.... thats kinda sh*tty of nintendo.

Nintendo usually doesn't announce games for the winter of the year until that year's E3, though I'm not expecting a ton of games. The absence of announced games for the end of the year is normal for Nintendo ever since they started the directs.