By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo president: Nintendo NX is in steady development, no rush into market

AlfredoTurkey said:

Yeah but at that point, we're looking at 32X type sales lol. I really don't think they're going to go past this year.

Me either but I can't completely deny the possibility. If they somehow don't have enough games ready then it would be worth it to wait another year.

Around the Network

The proof that this thing is not launching in 2016 has always been evident. Don't know what more people need. It will launch Q2 2017 at the very earliest. Frankly, I'm getting annoyed at how stubborn people are being to accept this fact. 

To me it sounds like a clear warm up to the upcoming unveiling and a late 2016 launch. He is assuring us that the console isn't a rushed job that they are throwing to the market only because of the Wii U failure. Also he's trying to preemptively kill the arguments that the fact that it comes out so early after the Wii U came out doesn't mean it's rushed. Why mention it's not rushed, if it was coming in a normal cycle? I think this is the first step of turning up the heat around NX and I expect this to intensify in immediate future and lead to the presentation of the NX and a late 2016 launch. He is simply defusing some obvious mines that may hurt the NX release.

I know this is not the way Nintendo worked in the past, but that's the way Sony and MS work and guess what? It works for them. On the other hand Nintendo is no longer an alpha or even a beta dog in this race, so they need to adapt or die. Nobody in the industry cares about Nintendo anymore, gamers care less with every passing year, Nintendo simply can't afford to have yet another no-show year. Holding on to old strategies that don't work, because they aren't compatible with the pace of life people live in, isn't a good idea and I hope the new CEO is aware of that. We live in a world in which we are getting more and more used to hearing "look at this brand new game/service, it will be available... as this show ends!" Look at the reveal and release of Fallout 4. That's how the world works now. You show me something I want? Give it to me NOW! You plan to give it to me in 16 - 18 months? Get lost.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.

Pavolink said:
Thinking about it, wouldn't be easier for him to just say it is not releasing in 2016 and assure more sales for their current platforms? Why to choose the word "rush"? hmmmm...

Surely Nintendo has read the Internet lately. The NX - whatever it is - is getting discussed about as much as the current-gen consoles and we don't even know what it is yet. Keeping things vague keeps all the inane speculation going, since that's apparently something people like to do.

zorg1000 said:
No I think it's ensuring people that a 2016 release does not mean it's being rushed.

Agree.

Around the Network

I trust him, Nintendo devs have been working on it for more tha a year according to the latest Wii U/3DS releases

HyrulianScrolls said:

The proof that this thing is not launching in 2016 has always been evident. Don't know what more people need. It will launch Q2 2017 at the very earliest. Frankly, I'm getting annoyed at how stubborn people are being to accept this fact. 

What people need is actual proof, especially since all signs say otherwise, not just you claiming it's a fact because you say so.

2016 is too early and doesn't fit the release pattern for the last couple of gens for nintendo consoles. NX is due to release in 2017 if they stay true to it and with him saying something like that. Well, nintendo fans, ya might want to buy more than a few games on the wii u to hold ya over.

You reading that Metroid33Slayer?

When he says they'll stick to their integrated hardware software approach I hope it doesn't mean they won't switch to x86.

I LOVE ICELAND!