By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo president: Nintendo NX is in steady development, no rush into market

atomicblue said:
JRPGfan said:
PxlStorm said:
Seriously, why do some many believe it'll come out in 2016? It makes no sense.

A empty year or more software wise for the Wii U, will kill consumer trust in nitnendo.

Why? They did the same thing with the Wii, the GameCube, the N64....

As for the comment about it being their worst selling console, units sold is not the same as profits and Nintendo returned to profit a couple of years ago.

Also, all the "rumours" are basically unsubstantiated tosh. That's why they're rumours. The only factual reports we have are that a few devs (mostly Japanese) have kits and are working on NX stuff, which doesn't mean it'll be out in 2016. Pikmin 3 was in development quite a long time before Wii U came out, for example (originally as a Wii game).

Also, every bit of what Nintendo has done historically points towards a late 2017/early 2018 release for a new home console. Even their less successful home consoles have had at least a five year life cycle (including the GameCube). Plus the codenames Dolphin and Revolution were revealed about 2.5-3 years before the GameCube and Wii came out. Plus the 3DS has been out quite a bit longer than the Wii U, and sales are slowing down there as well.

I find it odd when people keep stating all these supposed facts that point towards 2016, when most of the "facts" they have boil down to rumours and "Wii U is selling badly". There are far more reasons - rooted in actual fact - that point towards a new home console coming later than that.

-But never in third year of console life like they done with Wii U.

-Yes but again it's selling terrible and Nintendo don't intend to make any big games for it anymore.

-We have Wall Street Journal report that also saying Nintendo is aiming for 2016. release, also Digitimes report..

-Yes, but today announcement and showing console 18 months before launch doesnt work any more, just look how MS/Sony manged reveal and launch of XB1/PS4.

So basicly only thing that curently doesnt points on 2016. launch is that "Nintendo historicaly didnt done something like that before", but we already know that Nintendo this gen is doing lotsa things different than before and they continue to change.

Around the Network

Thinking about it logically; if its one piece of packaged hardware then 2016 it is, if its 2 then:
Handheld=2016
Console=2017

2017 is still better in my opinion but hey we need games and lack of games makes me think 2016

Switch!!!

Mummelmann said:
zorg1000 said:
No I think it's ensuring people that a 2016 release does not mean it's being rushed.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The writing is on the wall and both the wall and the font has grown quite large by now.

Unless Nintendo is content with Wii U selling 2 million & 3DS 5 million in 2017 than NX is releasing this year, I don't get how so many people are opposed to this.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Aeolus451 said:
2016 is too early and doesn't fit the release pattern for the last couple of gens for nintendo consoles. NX is due to release in 2017 if they stay true to it and with him saying something like that. Well, nintendo fans, ya might want to buy more than a few games on the wii u to hold ya over.

Thanks for the concern : ) Though I think it's safe to say that while the Wii U doesn't get many games, that doesn't mean it's starving for games. There are a fair number of games available on the platform, as well as more coming out next year, and there are a fair share of games people can play for a long time and still not get tired of. So I think I can speak for most owners that we are okay, except for mayve Pavolink? : )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

It's obvious that NX won't be a rushed product, Nintendo has been giving hints of a new platform for two years if not a bit more.

A 2016 release is still the most likely scenario.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Cloudman said:
Aeolus451 said:
2016 is too early and doesn't fit the release pattern for the last couple of gens for nintendo consoles. NX is due to release in 2017 if they stay true to it and with him saying something like that. Well, nintendo fans, ya might want to buy more than a few games on the wii u to hold ya over.

Thanks for the concern : ) Though I think it's safe to say that while the Wii U doesn't get many games, that doesn't mean it's starving for games. There are a fair number of games available on the platform, as well as more coming out next year, and there are a fair share of games people can play for a long time and still not get tired of. So I think I can speak for most owners that we are okay, except for mayve Pavolink? : )

I wasn't saying anything close to "the wii u is starving for games" or implying it  but what I meant was that the wait for NX will be longer than what most nintendo fans "hope" for, so they might as well dig in and buy some more games for the wii u. 

Aeolus451 said:
Cloudman said:

I wasn't saying anything close to "the wii u is starving for games" or implying it  but what I meant was that the wait for NX will be longer than what most nintendo fans "hope" for, so they might as well dig in and buy some more games for the wii u. 

Oh, I see. Well, I figure people will naturally be buying more games to play on their consoles haha. They're not there to just look nice on our shelves x )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Well, I read this news yesterday on neogaf and there was someone who using google translate got something like that but then a japanese poster translated this as: "It needs to be something that our customers will want to jump on" or in other words, make them eager to buy, something to spark their interest, etc. etc."
I know zero japanese so I can't say, but at first everyone thought this news were right until that person translated the interview.
Same poster said info said nothing about rushing to market.
Again, I don't know if it's true but I thought it was ok to mention this. Maybe some japanese can help translating the interview.

As of me, I still think NX is releasing this year. At least I hope so, as much as I like the wii u it's kind of a disappointment.

Kennel83 said:
Well, I read this news yesterday on neogaf and there was someone who using google translate got something like that but then a japanese poster translated this as: "It needs to be something that our customers will want to jump on" or in other words, make them eager to buy, something to spark their interest, etc. etc."
I know zero japanese so I can't say, but at first everyone thought this news were right until that person translated the interview.
Same poster said info said nothing about rushing to market.
Again, I don't know if it's true but I thought it was ok to mention this. Maybe some japanese can help translating the interview.

As of me, I still think NX is releasing this year. At least I hope so, as much as I like the wii u it's kind of a disappointment.

I'll try to look for that. Interesting.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile