By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo president: Nintendo NX is in steady development, no rush into market

Kennel83 said:
Well, I read this news yesterday on neogaf and there was someone who using google translate got something like that but then a japanese poster translated this as: "It needs to be something that our customers will want to jump on" or in other words, make them eager to buy, something to spark their interest, etc. etc."
I know zero japanese so I can't say, but at first everyone thought this news were right until that person translated the interview.
Same poster said info said nothing about rushing to market.
Again, I don't know if it's true but I thought it was ok to mention this. Maybe some japanese can help translating the interview.

As of me, I still think NX is releasing this year. At least I hope so, as much as I like the wii u it's kind of a disappointment.

Also some sites also did not mentioned at all about rushing to market sentence.

http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-comments-briefly-on-splatoon-sales-nx-and-more/

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
Kennel83 said:
Well, I read this news yesterday on neogaf and there was someone who using google translate got something like that but then a japanese poster translated this as: "It needs to be something that our customers will want to jump on" or in other words, make them eager to buy, something to spark their interest, etc. etc."
I know zero japanese so I can't say, but at first everyone thought this news were right until that person translated the interview.
Again, I don't know if it's true but I thought it was ok to mention this. Maybe some japanese can help translating the interview.

As of me, I still think NX is releasing this year. At least I hope so, as much as I like the wii u it's kind of a disappointment.

http://nintendoeverything.com/kimishima-comments-briefly-on-splatoon-sales-nx-and-more/

"Finally, on the topic of NX, Kimishima noted that it will need to be an attractive system that gets them to jump in. He also reiterated said that Nintendo aims for it to be a new experience totally different from Wii U and 3DS, and development is steadily progressing."

2017, right? Handheld, right?

ahahaha

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
Miyamotoo said:
Kennel83 said:

"Finally, on the topic of NX, Kimishima noted that it will need to be an attractive system that gets them to jump in. He also reiterated said that Nintendo aims for it to be a new experience totally different from Wii U and 3DS, and development is steadily progressing."

2017, right? Handheld, right?

ahahaha

I made the experiment of copying the original sankei interview and translate it with Google translator, this is my result (question and answer)

- A new dedicated game machine will be announced this year in the development to what

"Do not intended to get jumped on the audience. With the aim of what can be a new experience different from the current WiiU and 3DS, it is recommended a steadily developing"

Someone could have done the same and take the "Do not intended to get jumped" and "it is recommended a steadily developing" to the "we're not rushing it" from the OP.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:

I made the experiment of copying the original sankei interview and translate it with Google translator, this is my result (question and answer)

- A new dedicated game machine will be announced this year in the development to what

"Do not intended to get jumped on the audience. With the aim of what can be a new experience different from the current WiiU and 3DS, it is recommended a steadily developing"

Someone could have done the same and take the "Do not intended to get jumped" and "it is recommended a steadily developing" to the "we're not rushing it" from the OP.

I did it too, but it was very confusing. Even in spanish and it made less sense.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
JEMC said:

I did it too, but it was very confusing. Even in spanish and it made less sense.

I didn't bother with Spanish because I already knew that it wouldn't work .

We'll need a japanese to tell us what does it say.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Aeolus451 said:

I wasn't saying anything close to "the wii u is starving for games" or implying it  but what I meant was that the wait for NX will be longer than what most nintendo fans "hope" for, so they might as well dig in and buy some more games for the wii u. 

Oh, I see. Well, I figure people will naturally be buying more games to play on their consoles haha. They're not there to just look nice on our shelves x )

Do you think any nintendo fans might of been holding back on buying any wii u games this year if they thought that the NX was releasing this year or would they have bought some wii u games regardless?

Looks like a mistranslation. Wii U is done the moment they show NX anyway and they've confirmed they're showing NX this year. No one is going to buy a Wii U after that.

Aeolus451 said:
Cloudman said:

Oh, I see. Well, I figure people will naturally be buying more games to play on their consoles haha. They're not there to just look nice on our shelves x )

Do you think any nintendo fans might of been holding back on buying any wii u games this year if they thought that the NX was releasing this year or would they have bought some wii u games regardless?

Hmm, that's a good question. I think the main game that would be in question would be Zelda U, since there's speculation that it could be a cross gen game. Any other games if people were interested in they would probably buy those.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Soundwave said:
Looks like a mistranslation. Wii U is done the moment they show NX anyway and they've confirmed they're showing NX this year. No one is going to buy a Wii U after that.

Why did you choose the ''no one''?  Nihilistic comment... They will be people who will buy wii u, of course if Nintendo still products it after NX release, wii u  will probably get a price drop after nx disclosure, and it has never had a pricedrop... (No, 32gb version going from 349 to 299, due to 8gb version abolishment which was costing 299, isn't really a  price cut, you could all along buy a wii u at 299, common sense)...

Also, we don't know if the successor will have a backward compatability... Gamecube not having backwards compatability for N64 meant bigger legs for N64..

Lastly, your comment (obviously by saying: No one e.t.c) expresses anger-which translates into a jab towards wii u- in case of NX being released in 2017 instead of 2016 as you avidly want... I don't get it!

I'm a 2017 believer ( Mainly if it's about to replace wii u, because for 3ds I wouldn't be surprised if it gets replaced in 2016, or if it's for both I can see handheld device in 2016 and home device in 2017)!  Why do you care so much if you will be refuted about NX release ( generally, people from both sides), regarding wii u replacement? Personally If I'll be wrong, I won't care at all...  You hurting your own mentality for an insignificant thing, a release date, people from both sides do that (but as it seems , from the 2016 side is very louder), it's  unfathomable...

tak13 said:
Soundwave said:

Why did you choose the ''no one''?  Nihilistic comment... They will be people who will buy wii u, of course if Nintendo still products it after NX release, wii u  will probably get a price drop after nx disclosure, and it has never had a pricedrop... (No, 32gb version going from 349 to 299, due to 8gb version abolishment which was costing 299, isn't really a  price cut, you could all along buy a wii u at 299, common sense)...

Also, we don't know if the successor will have a backward compatability... Gamecube not having backwards compatability for N64 meant bigger legs for N64..

Lastly, your comment (obviously by saying: No one e.t.c) expresses anger-which translates into a jab towards wii u- in case of NX being released in 2017 instead of 2016 as you avidly want... I don't get it!

I'm a 2017 believer ( Mainly if it's about to replace wii u, because for 3ds I wouldn't be surprised if it gets replaced in 2016, or if it's for both I can see handheld device in 2016 and home device in 2017)!  Why do you care so much if you will be refuted about NX release ( generally, people from both sides), regarding wii u replacement? Personally If I'll be wrong, I won't care at all...  You hurting your own mentality for an insignificant thing, a release date, people from both sides do that (but as it seems , from the 2016 side is very louder), it's  unfathomable...

And honestly, I'm pretty sure to say it's a safe bet when Zelda U releases there will be a boost in Wii U sales on par with the likes of when Smash and Kart released. Especially with a price drop. $250 regular, ~ $200 seasonal price (along with the release of LoZ).